The Staff Selection Commission is going to conduct the Central Police Organization (CPO) exam, an open competitive Computer Based Examination for Recruitment of Sub-Inspectors (SI) in Delhi Police, Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs) and Assistant Sub Inspectors in CISF. The SSC CPO Exam will be of objective type (MCQ) and will be held online. Here’s everything you need to know if you’re an aspirant of the popular SSC CPO Exams.
Table of Contents
- Last Date to Apply: 02. 04.2018 (up to 5.00 PM)
- Date of Examination for Paper 1 – 04.06.2018 to 10.06.2018
- Date of Examination for Paper 2 – 01.12.2018
- Age Limit: 20-25 years (as on 01.08.2018)
- Education: Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university or equivalent
- Citizenship: Either a citizen of India, or a person of Indian origin who has migrated from elsewhere with the intention of permanently settling in India.
There is age relaxation granted as per norms.
Consists of Paper-1, Physical Standard Test (PST)/ Physical Endurance Test (PET), Paper-2 and Detailed Medical Examination (DME).
|Subject||Number Of Questions||Maximum Marks||
|1||General Intelligence and Reasoning||50||50|
|2||General Knowledge and General Awareness||50||50||02 hours|
|Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||
|English language & Comprehension||200||200||02 hours|
Note: There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer in Paper-I & Paper-II.
Posts & Salaries
- Sub-Inspector in CAPFs (Central Armed Police Forces): Rs.35400-112400/-
- Sub Inspector (Executive) Male/ Female in Delhi Police: Rs.35400-112400/-
- Assistant Sub-Inspector (Executive) in CISF: Rs.29200-92300/-
The above values for salary is approximate.
(includes reservation for SC/ ST/ OBC/ ExS etc)
- Sub-Inspector (Male) in Delhi Police: 97
- Sub-Inspector in Delhi Police/ Female: 53
- Sub-Inspector (GD) in CAPFs: 107
- ASI (Executive) in CISF: Will be intimated later
Physical Standard Test (PST)
|Category of candidates||Height (in cms)||Chest (in cms) Unexpanded||
Chest (in cms) Expanded
|For candidates belonging to Hill areas of Garhwal, Kumaon, Himachal Pradesh, Gorkhas, Dogras, Marathas, Kashmir Valley, Leh & Ladakh regions of J&K, North-Eastern States and Sikkim||165||80||85|
|For candidates belonging to Hill areas of Garhwal, Kumaon, Himachal Pradesh, Gorkhas, Dogras, Marathas, Kashmir Valley, Leh & Ladakh regions of J&K, North-Eastern States and Sikkim||155||–||–|
Physical Endurance Test (PET)
(i) For male candidates
- 100 meters race in 16 seconds
- 1.6 Kms race in 6.5 minutes
- Long Jump : 3.65 metres in 3 chances
- High Jump : 1.2 metres in 3 chances
- Shot put (16 Lbs): 4.5 metres in 3 chance
(ii) For female candidates
- 100 metres race in 18 seconds
- 800 metres race in 4 minutes
- Long Jump: 2.7 metres in 3 chances
- High Jump: 0.9 metres in 3 chances
Eyesight: The minimum near vision should be N6 (better eye) and N9 (worse eye). The minimum distant vision should be 6/6 (better eye) and 6/9 (worse eye).
The candidate must not have knock knee, flat foot, varicose vein or squint in eyes.
Candidates selected for SI and ASI must pass the following obstacles:
- Jumping over the vertical board
- Holding the rope on jumping from the board
- Tarzan swing
- Jumping on horizontal board
- Parallel rope
- Monkey crawl
- Vertical rope
Things to keep in mind
- There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer in Paper-I & Paper-II.
- For the post of SI in Delhi Police: Male candidates must possess a Driving License and must carry it on the day of Physical Endurance and Standard Tests.
- Candidates are required to clear the cut off marks in Paper I and qualify in the Physical Endurance Test before appearing for Paper II.
Download the official notification here.