SSC CPO Notification 2024
SSC CPO Notification 2024 is expected to be released by 15th February 2024 as per the SSC Exam Calendar. The Staff Selection Commission conducts the Central Police Organization (CPO) exam, an open competitive Computer Examination for Recruitment of Sub-Inspectors (SI) in Delhi Police, Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs), Computer-Based and Assistant Sub-Inspectors in CISF.
SSC CPO Notification 2024 PDF
Along with the notification, important details such as eligibility criteria, exam dates, and application process are also made available to the candidates. It is advised to stay updated with the official website for any further announcements and to commence the application process as per the given guidelines.
Download the SSC CPO Notification 2024 (Link Inactive)
SSC CPO Notification 2024 – Overview
SSC CPO Notification is released annually for all the candidates eligible for recruitment. The SSC CPO Notification 2024 is. Aspiring candidates must be aware of the overview details of the examination. So, we have mentioned below the SSC CPO 2024 Overview for all the candidates.
|Particulars||SSC CPO Notification 2024 Details|
|Name||Staff Selection Commission Central Police Organization (SSC CPO)|
|Conducted by||Staff Selection Commission (SSC)|
|Purpose of Exam||To select candidates for the post of Sub-Inspector|
|Exam Helpdesk No.||011-69999845|
SSC CPO Notification 2024 – Important Dates
Important dates regarding SSC CPO are as follows :
|Release of the Notification||15th February 2024|
|Dates for submission of online applications||February 2024|
|Last date and time for receipt of online applications||14th March 2024|
|Last date and time for the generation of offline Challan||To be announced|
|Last date and time for making online fee payment||To be announced|
|Last date for payment through Challan (during Working hours of the Bank)||To be announced|
|Admit Card download start date||To be Announced|
|Schedule of Computer-Based Examination||May-June 2024|
SSC CPO Notification 2024 – Vacancies
The vacancies for SSC CPO 2024 will be released along with the notification. Till then candidates can check the SSC CPO 2023 Vacancies to have an understanding of the category-wise distribution.
Sub-Inspector (Exe.) in Delhi Police-Male
The vacancies for the post of Sub-Inspector in Delhi Police (Male) are as follows.
Sub-Inspector (Exe.) in Delhi Police-Female
The vacancies for the post of Sub-Inspector in Delhi Police (Female) are as follows.
Sub-Inspector GD in CAPFs
The vacancies for the post of Sub-Inspector GD in CAPFs are as follows.
SSC CPO Notification 2024 – Apply Online Link
SSC CPO Application Process 2024 will be started after the release of the notification in February 2024. We will provide you with the direct link to apply online once the application form is released officially.
Apply Online SSC CPO 2024 [Link Inactive]
SSC CPO Notification 2024 – How To Apply
Step 1: Get started by clicking on the official link provided on this page. It will direct you to the SSC CPO registration portal.
Step 2: On the registration portal, locate and click on the “Apply Link” provided on the official page. A new window will pop up, guiding you through the registration process.
Step 3: Begin your registration journey by clicking on “New Registration” in the SSC CPO 2024 application window. After that, hit the “Register” button to proceed.
Step 4: Provide essential details like your name, parents’ names, date of birth, email address, mobile number, and other necessary information to kick off the registration process.
Step 5: Once you’ve filled in the details, click on the “Submit” button to send your online registration form for SSC CPO 2024. Before submitting, double-check all the provided information to ensure accuracy. After submission, you’ll be issued a unique Registration ID for the SSC CPO 2024 exam.
Step 6: Now, use your provided Registration ID, date of birth, and password to log in and complete the second part of the SSC CPO 2024 application form.
Step 7: In the subsequent step, you’ll be required to upload your photographs and signature according to the specifications mentioned by SSC.
- Photograph: Capture a clear photograph against a white or light-colored background, ensuring it is between 4 kb and 12 kb in size, with dimensions of 100*120 pixels (width x height).
- Signature: Sign on a white sheet using black or blue ink, then scan it into a jpg format. The file size should be between 1 kb and 12 kb, with dimensions of 40*60 pixels (width x height).
Step 8: After completing the application form, take a moment to preview the entire SSC CPO 2024 application to check for any errors or glitches.
Step 9: Once you’ve thoroughly reviewed your application form, click on the “Final Submit” button to confirm and submit your SSC CPO 2024 application online.
Step 10: To complete the process, make the necessary application fee payment through online modes like net banking, Credit/Debit cards, BHIM, UPI, etc.
Finally, we recommend that you download and keep print copies of the submitted application form for SSC CPO 2024 as a reference and for your records. Good luck with your exam preparation! If you have any queries, don’t hesitate to seek assistance from the SSC authorities.
SSC CPO Notification 2024 – Application Fee
- Fee payable: Rs.100/- (Rupees One Hundred only).
- Fee can be paid through BHIM UPI, Net Banking, or by using Visa MasterCard, Maestro RuPay Credit, or Debit cards or in cash at SBI Branch by generating SBI Challan.
- Women candidates and candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST), and Ex-servicemen (ESM) eligible for reservation are exempted from paying a fee.
SSC CPO Notification 2024 – Eligibility Criteria
The SSC CPO Eligibility Criteria determines the qualifications for candidates applying for the Sub-Inspector in Delhi Police, CAPFs, and Assistant Sub-Inspector in CISF posts. Candidates must fulfill these criteria in order to be eligible for recruitment. We have mentioned below the detailed eligibility criteria for the SSC CPO 2024.
- Min Age: 20 Years
- Max Age: 25 years
|Code||Category||Age-Relaxation permissible beyond the upper age limit|
/ age limit after relaxation
|01||SC/ ST||5 years|
|06||Ex-Servicemen (ESM)||3 years after the deduction of the military service rendered from the actual age as of the closing date,|
|For the post of SI in Delhi Police (Category Codes-12 and 13)|
|12||Widows, divorced women, and women judicially separated from their husbands and who are not re-|
|Up to 35 years of age|
|13||Widows, divorced women, and women judicially separated from their husbands and who are not remarried (SC/ST)||Up to 40 years of age|
|For Departmental candidates of Delhi Police against the vacancies of Delhi Police only (Category Codes-17, 18 and 19)|
|17||Departmental candidates (Unreserved) who have rendered not less than 3 years of regular and continuous service as of the closing date||Up to 30 years of age|
|18||Departmental candidates (OBC) who have rendered not less than 3 years of regular and continuous service as of the closing date.||Up to 33 years of age|
|19||Departmental candidates (SC/ST) who have rendered not less than 3 years of regular and continuous service as of the closing date.||Up to 35 years of age|
- Educational Qualification for all posts is a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university or equivalent.
For the post of Sub Inspector in Delhi Police only
Male candidates must possess a valid Driving License for LMV (Motorcycle and Car) on the date fixed for Physical Endurance and Measurement Tests. However, the candidates who do not have a Valid Driving License for LMV (Motorcycle and Car) are eligible for all other posts in CAPFs.
SSC CPO Notification 2024 – Selection Process
The SSC CPO recruitment process consists of Paper-1, Physical Standard Test (PST)/ Physical Endurance Test (PET), Paper-2, and Detailed Medical Examination (DME). On the basis of their performance in Paper-I, candidates will be shortlisted for appearing in PET/ PST Examination.
- The Commission shall have the discretion to fix different minimum qualifying marks in each part of Paper-I taking into consideration among others, category-wise vacancies and category-wise number of candidates.
- PET/ PST is mandatory but qualifying in nature. Ex-Servicemen are not required to undergo PET.
- Only those candidates who qualified in PET/ PST will be allowed to appear in Paper-II Examination.
- Minimum qualifying marks in Paper-I and Paper-II are as follows: UR: 30%; OBC/ EWS: 25%; All other categories: 20%.
- On the basis of their performance in Paper-I + Paper-II, candidates will be shortlisted for appearing in Medical Examination. Candidates, who are successful in Medical examinations, will be called for detailed Document Verification.
- All shortlisted candidates are required to come for Document Verification. Those failing to do so will not be considered for final selection.
- Candidates are required to submit all documents in original for verification at the time of Document Verification.
SSC CPO Notification 2024 – Exam Pattern
Candidates who are willing to sit for the SSC CPO examinations must be aware of the examination procedure. We have mentioned below the detailed exam pattern of both the papers for the candidates.
SSC CPO Paper 1 – Exam Pattern
|Section||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||50||50||120 mins|
|General Knowledge and General Awareness||50||50|
SSC CPO Paper 2 – Exam Pattern
|Section||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|English language & Comprehension||200||200||120 mins|
Physical Standard Test (for All Posts)
|S. No.||Category of candidates||Height (in cm)||Chest|
|(i)||Male candidates except those listed at S No (ii) and (iii)||170||80||85|
|(ii)||Candidates belonging to Hill areas of Garhwal, Kumaon, Himachal Pradesh, Gorkhas, Dogras, Marathas, Kashmir Valley, Leh & Ladakh regions, North-Eastern States and Sikkim.||165||80||85|
|(iii)||All candidates belonging to Scheduled Tribes||162.5||77||82|
|(iv)||Female candidates except those listed at S No (v) and (vi)||157||–||–|
|(v)||Female candidates belonging to Hill areas of Garhwal, Kumaon, Himachal Pradesh, Gorkhas, Dogras, Marathas, Kashmir Valley, Leh & Ladakh regions, North- Eastern States and Sikkim||155||–||–|
|(vi)||All female candidates belonging to Scheduled Tribes||154||–||–|
2. Weight – Corresponding to height (for all posts).
Physical Endurance Test (PET) (For All Posts)
1. For Male Candidates Only
- 100-metre race in 16 seconds
- 1.6 kms race in 6.5 minutes
- Long Jump: 3.65 metres in 3 chances
- High Jump: 1.2 metres in 3 chances
- Shot put (16 Lbs): 4.5 meters in 3 chance
2. For Female Candidates Only
- 100-metre race in 18 seconds
- 800-metre race in 4 minutes
- Long Jump: 2.7 metres in 3 chances
- High Jump: 0.9 metres in 3 chances
- There shall be no minimum requirement of chest measurement for Female candidates.
- Relaxation in height and chest (as the case may be) as mentioned above will be permissible only on production of certificate in the Performa as prescribed in Annexure-IX from the competent authorities of the District where they ordinarily reside(s).
- The relaxation in physical standards (height/ chest) once granted at the time of initial appointment in Delhi Police will hold good till the individual concerned remains in Delhi Police.
Medical Standard (For All Posts)
1. Medical Examination
- All the candidates who qualify in Paper II will be medically examined by the Medical Officer of the CAPFs or any other Medical Officer or Assistant Surgeon belonging to Grade I of any Central/ State Govt. Hospital or Dispensary.
- Candidates, who are found to be unfit, will be informed of the position and they can appeal to the Review Medical Board within the prescribed time limit of 15 days.
- The decision of the Re-Medical Board/ Review Medical Board will be final and no appeal/ representation against the decision of the Re-Medical Board/ Review Medical Board will be entertained.
2. Eye sight
- The minimum near vision should be N6 (better eye) and N9 (worse eye). The minimum distant vision should be 6/6 (better eye) and 6/9 (worse eye) of both eyes without any correction like wearing glasses or surgery of any kind to improve visual acuity. In a right-handed person, the right eye is better, and vice versa.
3. The candidate must not have knock knee, flat foot, varicose vein, or squint in eyes and they should possess high colour vision.
4. They must be in good mental and bodily health and free from any physical defect likely to interfere with the efficient performance of their duties.
5. Finally selected candidates for the posts of Sub-Inspector and Assistant Sub-Inspector would, as part of the training curriculum, have to pass seven obstacle events as mentioned below, failing which they may not be retained in the Force:
- Jumping over the Vertical Board
- Holding the rope on jumping from the Board
- Tarzan Swing
- Jumping on the Horizontal Board
- Parallel Rope.
- Monkey Crawl
6. Tattoo: Tattoos will be allowed as per the following stipulations only:
- Content: Tattoos depicting religious symbols or figures and the name, as followed in the Indian Army are permitted.
- Location: Tattoos marked on traditional sites of the body like the inner aspect of the forearm but only the left forearm, a non-saluting limb, or dorsum of the hands will be allowed.
- Size: Size must be less than ¼ of the particular part (Elbow or Hand) of the body.
SSC CPO Notification 2024 – Post & Salary
The details of the posts are as under:
- Sub-Inspector (GD) in CAPFs: The post carries a pay scale of Level-6 (Rs.35,400-1,12,400/-) and is classified as Group “B” (Non-Gazetted), Non-Ministerial.
- Sub Inspector (Executive) – (Male/ Female) in Delhi Police: The post carries pay scale of Leve-6 (Rs.35,400-1,12,400/-) and is classified as Group “C” (Non-Gazetted) by Delhi Police.
SSC CPO Notification 2024 – Preference for Posts
During Document Verification, candidates shall be required to indicate the posts/ Force for which they would like to be considered, in the order of preference. The detail of various posts is as follows:
- Sub-Inspector in Delhi Police (A)
- Sub-Inspector in Border Security Force (B)
- Sub-Inspector in Central Industrial Security Force (C)
- Sub-Inspector in Central Reserve Police Force (D)
- Sub-Inspector in Indo-Tibetan Border Police Force (E)
- Sub-Inspector in Sashastra Seema Bal (F)
- Assistant Sub-Inspector in Central Industrial Security Force (G)
SSC CPO Notification 2024 – Syllabus
Detailed knowledge of the syllabus is crucial for all aspiring candidates in order to create an effective preparation strategy. We have mentioned below the detailed syllabus as per the previous year’s notification. The syllabus is expected to remain the same for this year. Once the official notification is released, we will update you with the latest syllabus.
SSC CPO Paper 1 Syllabus
General Intelligence Reasoning
- Semantic Analogy
- Symbolic/Number Analogy
- Figural Analogy Semantic Classifications
- Symbolic/Number Classification
- Figural Classification
- Semantic Series
- Number Series
- Figural Series
- Word Building
- Numerical/Symbolic Operations
- Space Orientations
- Venn Diagrams/ Drawing Inferences
- Figural Pattern/ Indexing
- Embedded Figures
- Critical Thinking
- Emotional/Social Intelligence.
- Current Affairs
- Important Appointments
- Awards and Recognitions
- Static GK (History, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene, General Policy) and Scientific Research
- Ratio and Proportions
- Simple and Compound Interest
- Profit and Loss
- Mixture and Allegations
- Time Distance and Work
- Basic Algebra
- Linear Equations
- Heights and Distance
- Bar/Pie Chart
- Histogram/ Frequency Polygon
Candidates’ ability to understand correct English, his/ her basic comprehension and writing ability, etc. would be tested.
SSC CPO Descriptive Paper Syllabus
The English Language and Comprehension
- Error recognition
- Filling in the blanks (using verbs, prepositions, articles etc.,)
- Vocabulary and spellings
- Sentence Structure
- Synonyms & Antonyms
- Sentence Completion
- Phrases and Idiomatic use of Words
SSC CPO Notification 2024 – Result
SSC releases the result for all the candidates who have appeared in the examination on their official website. Candidates can easily check their results from the official website of the SSC. Once the examinations are conducted and the official result is released we will also provide you with the direct link to download the result.
Download the SSC CPO Result 2024 (Link Inactive)
We have mentioned below the SSC CPO Result 2022 to give a better understanding of the result to the candidates. The SSC CPO Tier-1 Result 2022 has been announced on the official site of SSC. Candidates can download the list of applicants qualified for the next stage through the link below:
- OFDC Field Assistant Eligibility Criteria 2024, Age Limit
- Legends League Cricket 2023 – Schedule, Venue, Teams
- APAAR One Nation One ID Card, Complete Information
- The Life and Legacy of India’s First Field Marshal Sam Manekshaw
- PM Shri Narendra Modi Inaugurates Viksit Bharat Sankalp Yatra
SSC CPO Notification 2024 – Frequently Asked Questions
Ans. SSC CPO stands for Staff Selection Commission Central Police Organization, an exam for recruiting Sub-Inspectors in various central police forces in India.
Ans. SSC CPO recruits for forces like Delhi Police, CISF, BSF, ITBP, CRPF, and SSB.
Ans. SSC CPO Notification 2024 is expected to be released on the 15th February 2024.
Ans. SSC CPO 2024 Paper I is expected to be conducted in May-June 2024.
Ans. 20 years is the minimum age limit to apply online for recruitment.
Hey everyone, I’m Vaishnavi Kumari, an edtech writer and a dedicated aspirant for government exams, including banking and SSC exams. Having worked with several edtech platforms, I am committed to providing you with essential and accurate information to ace these exams. With my experience as both a writer and an aspirant, I understand your needs and challenges, and my aim is to make your preparation journey smoother. I’ll focus on specific sections of the exams, compiling comprehensive and helpful content that covers the crucial topics, tips, and strategies you need to succeed. Let’s conquer these exams together!