Current Affairs and General Knowledge/Awareness section is one of the most important and high scoring sections of any competitive exam. Therefore, we regularly provide you with Free Static GK E-Book for your preparation. In this section, questions related to Governor-Generals and Viceroys of India are frequently asked. Hence it becomes very important for all the candidates to be aware of all the important Governor-Generals and Viceroys of India.
In all the competitive exams, every mark counts and even 1 mark can be the difference between success and failure. Therefore, to help you get these important marks we have created a Free Static GK E-Book on the List of Governor-Generals and Viceroys of India.
The comprehensive list of all the Important Governor-Generals and Viceroys of India is given in a tabular format in the pages of this Free Static GK E-book on Governor-Generals and Viceroys of India.
Governor-Generals and Viceroys of India
Downloand the the PDF copy of the GK E-book on Governor-Generals and Viceroys of India – http://bit.ly/GovGeneral_Viceroys
|NAME||PERIOD||WORK AND EVENT|
|Charles Canning||1856-1862||He was the last Governor-General and the first Viceroy of India. The Change in title happened as per the Government of India Act, 1858 after the Indian War of Independence (1857). He established the Universities of Bombay, Madras and Calcutta.|
|John Lawrence||1864-1869||The Calcutta, Madras and Bombay High courts were established under his command in 1865. He also started a direct Telegraph line to Europe. HE Made Shimla as the Summer Capital of India|
|Richard Bourke (Earl of Mayo)||1869-1872||In 1871, the First census was conducted in India. He is credited with starting the Financial Decentralization in India. He was murdered in office(Only Viceroy to be killed while in Office) in 1872|
|Thomas Barring (Earl of Northbrook)||1872-1876||His administration took steps to reduce social unrest by giving Famine Relief, tax reduction etc.|
|Lord Rippon||1880-1884||He was one of the most Liberal Viceroys of British Raj and genuinely took steps for the betterment of Indians like, increasing the age of Civil services exam back to 21, abolishing the Lytton’s Vernacular press act, passed Factory Act to abolish Child Labour, Ilbirt bill was passed which allowed Indian Judges to preside over cases involving British people.|
|Lord Dufferin||1884-1888||The formation of Indian National Congress took place during his administration.|
Download here the full free list of Governor-Generals and Viceroys of India[gdlr_button href=”http://bit.ly/GovGeneral_Viceroys” target=”_blank” size=”large” background=”#1b5df1″ color=”#ffffff”]Download GK E-book PDF[/gdlr_button]
Sample Questions –
Which Viceroy reduced the Age for civil services exam from 21 to 19?
Answer: Option B – Lytton
The communal award was passed during the viceroy-ship of –
Answer: Option C – Willingdon
Oliveboard Bolt series E-books:
- Oliveboard Bolt – Computer Awareness
- Oliveboard Bolt – General Awareness
- Bolt – Monthly Current Affairs PDF
- Banking Bolt – Free E-book for Banking Awareness
- Economy Bolt – Free E-book for Economy
Free Static GK E-book – More Study Materials:
- 2018 Nobel Prize Winners – Free GK Ebook
- Free GK E-book – Indian Freedom Struggle: Newspapers and Journals
- Free Static GK E-book: Major Awards – 2018 Winners
- Free Static GK EBook: India’s Performance at Asian Games 2018
- Free Static GK Ebook – Important People who died in 2018
- Static GK Free E-book – Atmosphere and its Structure
We hope you like the information provided in the above Static GK Free PDF Ebook would. Keep visiting this page to get more E-books on Static GK, Banking awareness and Current Affairs for free. All the best for your exams.
- Mission SSC CGL 2020-21 Online Course + Test Series: Join Now
- Attempt SBI PO Free Mock Test for Prelims now
- IB ACIO 2020 – 2000 Vacancies – Start Preparing a Free Mock Test now
- JK Bank Mains – Crash Course + Mock Tests – Join Now
- ECGC PO 2021 – Kickstart your preparation with a Free Mock Test
- Crack All IBPS Exams – Join Mega Banking Online Course Now