Hi, I am Deepak Kumar from Delhi and I am currently working as an Administrative Officer in New India Assurance Co. Ltd. I am B.Tech (ECE) graduate from APJ Abdul Kalam University. After completing my B.Tech in 2015, I started my preparation for government jobs as it was my first priority.
My real struggle started after August 2015. I decided to make my career in banking and finance sector. In 2015, I appeared in IBPS PO and in my first attempt I cleared mains and appeared for the interview but couldn’t make in the final selection list and miss my selection by only 1.5 marks. After this, I again started my preparation for the upcoming exams and raise my level of practice.
The first three exams that I face in my life:
1. IBPS PO (2015-16)- Cleared Prelims and Mains but couldn’t make in the final list.
2. LIC AAO (2015-16)- Cleared written the exam and appeared in the interview but couldn’t make in the final list.
3. IBPS CLERK (2015-16)-Cleared Prelims but couldn’t make in the final list.
The thing that I learn from three initial failures was that without proper knowledge and the right approach, I couldn’t make in the final list. Then, I joined Oliveboard test series for my practice and no doubt it really works for me. I can say that in this competitive world Oliveboard helps me a lot in understanding the pattern of online exams and questions. This is how I improve myself in 2016-17 exams.
Oliveboard gives free as well as paid mocks and I find these online tests very helpful in my selection in SBI clerk, IBPS PO, IBPS Clerk, IBPS RRB PO & Clerk, and NIACL AO. They provide tests with new pattern and difficulty level is also as per the exams. After taking these mocks test, anybody will find exam questions easy and will be able to make in the final selection list.
The list itself speaks of what I achieved in 2016 and this was the life-changing year for me and my family:
1. SSC CPO (2016)- Cleared both prelims and mains but not appeared for physical test
2. SSC CGL (2016)- – Cleared both prelims and mains but couldn’t make in the final list
3. SBI JA (2016)- – Selected (worked 4 months in SBI)- Great Experience (Dec 2016-March 2017)
4. SBI PO (2016)- – Cleared both prelims and mains but not appeared in interview
5. UIIC AO (2016)- – missed by 0.75 marks (123.5)
6. IBPS PO (2016-17)- – Selected (Got PNB)
7. IBPS Clerk (2016-17)- – Selected (Got PNB)
8. IBPS RRB PO (2016-17)- – Selected (Got SUPGB)
9. IBPS RRB Clerk (2016-17)- – Selected (Got SUPGB)
10. IPPB PO (2016)- – Cleared both Prelims and Mains, did not appear in the interview
11. NIACL AO (2016)- – Selected (currently working as AO from May-2017)
12. RBI Assistant- Cleared Prelims but stuck in mains
My strategy was simple. Clear the basics and learn every day. The Mock test is very essential part of the preparation. I was able to find out my mistakes and the detailed explanation provided on each question by Oliveboard mock test was really helpful.
Tips for other candidates:
– Remember, life is full of struggles for everyone but the one, who has patience, passion and self-confidence can achieve anything. So, never afraid of initial failures in your life.
– Try to learn from these failures and make new ways, think differently and one day you will achieve whatever you want in your life. So, read, learn and do more and more practice.
“Daily practice is necessary for clearing any exam. Give more and more mock tests.”
With the blessing of my parents, siblings and almighty this is what I achieve in my life till now and I am still preparing for higher exams.
Read more success stories.