The Syndicate Bank PO 2018 recruitment exam was rescheduled to 25 February, 2018 which resulted in about seven extra days for preparation. To make sure you make the best use of this time, here we will be sharing with you a time and attempt strategy for the exam.
This will help you answer two of the most often asked questions:
- How much time to spend on each section?
- Which section to attempt first?
It is important to understand here that the answer to these questions will vary from person to person as it depends on individual strengths and weaknesses.
Syndicate Bank PO SynTime Strategy
This is based on the time allocation used by our toppers'(Top 5% or >95%ile).
1) Quantitative Aptitude: 47 minutes
2) Reasoning: 42 minutes
3) English: 20 minutes
4) General Knowledge: 11 minutes
For descriptive test, allot more time to the lengthier question.
Syndicate Bank PO Attempt Strategy
As mentioned before, there isn’t any fixed strategy that one must follow. And apart from your strengths and weaknesses, it will also depend upon the difficulty level of a section.
It is advised to attempt your strong section first. The confidence will help create a positive momentum for you to solve the rest of the paper. Since there is some amount of time left, you can use the following approach to fine tune your strategy.
Attempt any Syndicate Bank PO mock on Oliveboard. Once you complete the test, click on the “Weak Areas” chart next to each test. Make the following classification:
- Strong Topics: types of questions which you should attempt first in every section
- Slow but Accurate Topics: topics where you are good but can improve speed
- Weak Topics: types of topics which you should attempt only if you have time after attempting others.
Note that this analysis will be different for each individual. Instead of taking a lot of mock tests over the next few days, spend more time on analysis. It is what you do between mock tests that will define your improvement and not how many tests you give.
Try various approaches and stick to the one that works for you.
Hope this helps.
All the best!!
- Join EDGE Pro Course for Bank Exams – Get personal mentoring by experts
- IBPS PO 2020 Mock Tests – Attempt a Free Mock Test Now
- IBPS RRB PO Mock Test – Attempt a FREE Mock Test Now
- IBPS RRB Assistant Mock Test – Attempt a FREE Mock Test Now
- Guarantee your success in 2020 with SBI PO Titan Course + 30 Full length SBI PO mock tests
- Attempt a Free SEBI Grade A Mock Test here