In this blog, All the Top news of week Top News of the week – Current Affairs from Dec 02 to Dec 07 2018, for your General Awareness and Current Affairs preparation for Bank and Government exams
1) As per Central Statistics Office (CSO) India’s economy grew at 7.1 per cent for the second quarter of 2018-19. GDP at constant prices was 33.98 lakh crore rupees for the second quarter this fiscal, which is a marked increase from 31.72 lakh crore.
2) COP24 climate summit meets in Polish coal city Katowice to agree on ways of implementing the promises they made in the 2015 Paris treaty to limit temperature rises to avert runaway global warming. Dr Harsh Vardhan is leading the Indian delegation at COP24
3) The World Bank has unveiled 200 billion US Dollars in climate action investment for 2021 to 2025, this amounts to a doubling of its current five-year funding. If the emissions are not reduced, 100 million more people will be living in poverty by 2030.
4) Qatar has announced its decision to leave the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries from January next year. Qatar has planned to increase its annual exports of liquified natural gas, LPG from 77 million tons of gas per year to 110 million tons.
5) Crisil cut India’s growth forecast for current fiscal to 7.4% on the back of weakening global GDP and trade growth. India’s growth in the July-September quarter slipped to 7.1% from 8.2% in the April-June quarter.
6) As per SBI research report – credit to micro and small enterprises (MSEs) has increased five times to Rs 1.23 lakh crore in the post-GST period compared to Rs 25,700 crore. The jump in credit to MSE sector bodes well regarding the formalization of India.
7) ISRO launched GSAT-11 satellite and put it successfully in earth orbit. It is advanced communications satellite weighing 5,854 kg is the heaviest satellite built by ISRO. It will play a vital role in providing broadband services across the country.
8) RBI maintained all key policy rates unchanged in the 5th bi-monthly monetary policy review. Inflation is projected to be in the range of 2.7 to 3.2% in 2nd half of this FY. RBI retained GDP projection at 7.4% for this FY & at 7.5% in the 1st half of 2019-20.
9) Sahitya Akademi announced its annual Awards in 24 languages. 7 books of poetry, 6 novels, 6 short stories, 3 of literary criticism & 2 of essays have won the awards 2018. Mushtaq Ahmad Mushtaq bagged the award for his collection of short stories AAKH.
10) Croatian midfielder Luka Modric,33 has bagged the 2018 Ballon d’Or. He becomes the first player other than Cristiano Ronaldo or Barcelona’s Lionel Messi to claim the award in more than a decade. Before him, both of them had won five Ballon d’Ors each.
11) The ninth edition of ‘Admirals Cup’ Sailing Regatta (2018) concluded at Ettikulam Beach at Indian Naval Academy (INA), Ezhimala. Team Italy represented by Midshipman Vincenzo Rocco and Midshipman Alberto Cabras won the Admiral’s Cup 2018.
- Check More GK and Current Affairs Material