In this blog, All the Top news of week Top News of the week – Current Affairs from July 15 to July 20 for your General awareness and Current Affairs preparation for Bank and Government exams
1) China’s economic growth slowed in the quarter ending in June amid a mounting tariff battle with Washington. World’s second-largest economy expanded by 6.7%, down from the previous quarter’s 6.8%.
2) France won their 2nd WC Football title after defeating Croatia 4-2. With this France join Uruguay and Argentina in winning the WC for the 2nd time. Croatia was playing in their first World Cup final.
- Golden Boot Award – Harry Kane
- Golden Ball Award – Luka Modric, Croatia
- Young Player of Tournament – Kylian Mbappe
- Golden Glove Award – Thibaut Courtois, Belgium
3) IMF projected a growth rate of 7.3% in 2018 and 7.5% in 2019 for India as against 6.7% in 2017, making it the fastest growing country among major economies. Growth in China is projected to moderate from 6.9% in 2017 to 6.6% in 2018 & 6.4% in 2019. Global growth is projected to reach 3.9% in 2018 & 2019, in line with the forecast of the April 2018 WEO.
4) Wholesale inflation rises to 5.77% in June on increasing prices of vegetables, fuel. WPI inflation stood at 4.43 % in May.
5) According to Bloomberg Billionaires Index, Jeff Bezos founder & chief executive of Amazon, topped with 150 billion US Dollars, becoming world’s richest person in decades. Net worth of Jeff Bezos hit new peaks following the online retailer’s Prime Day sale.
6) The EU had slapped a record € 4.34-billion antitrust fine on Google for illegally using its Android operating system to strengthen the dominance of its search engine.
7) European Union and Japan have signed one of the world’s biggest free trade deals, covering nearly a third of the world’s GDP. Under the agreement, Japan will scrap almost all its tariffs on EU goods, particularly dairy items like cheese.
8) Government increased FRP of sugarcane by Rs 20 /quintal to Rs 275 for the next marketing year starting October. CCEA approved the FRP for 2018-19 sugar season payable by sugar mills at 275 rupees per quintal for a basic recovery rate of 10 % for sugar.
9) Inaugural ‘2 + 2 dialogue’ between India & the US will be held on September 6 in New Delhi. India & US will discuss strengthening of strategic, security & defence cooperation as both nations jointly address challenges in the Indo-Pacific region & beyond.
10) RBI will soon issue new ₹100 notes in lavender colour having motif of ‘Rani ki vav’ – a stepwell located on the banks of Saraswati river in Gujarat’s Patan. All 100 rupees banknotes issued earlier will also continue to be legal tender.
- Check More GK and Current Affairs Material
The most comprehensive online preparation portal for MBA, Banking and Government exams. Explore a range of mock tests and study material at www.oliveboard.in