In this blog, All the Top news of week Top News of the week – Current Affairs from Nov 04 to Nov 11 2018 for your General Awareness and Current Affairs preparation for Bank and Government exams
1) State Bank of India will raise Rs 4,116 crore by issuing Basel III-compliant bonds to add up to its tier 2 capital. As per the bond programme, the bank will issue 41,159 non-convertible, taxable, redeemable, subordinated, unsecured debt instruments.
2) RBI has initiated setting up a digital Public Credit Registry to capture details of all borrowers, including willful defaulters and also the pending legal suits in order to check financial delinquencies.PCR will provide a 360-degree profile of borrowers.
3) According to Data released by the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI), UPI transactions in October increases by 19% in volume than September. The value of UPI transactions in October has increased by 25% to ₹74,978.27 crore.
4) The Centre has released over 113 crores (Total 638 crore in FY) rupees to 6 border states. The BADP covers 17 states to meet the special development needs of border population with a focus on the people living within 50 kilometres of International Border.
5) PNB MetLife India Insurance Company has received SEBI’s go-ahead to float an initial public offer (IPO). The shares are proposed to be listed on stock exchanges. The listing of shares will enhance the PNB MetLife brand name and provide liquidity.
6) U.N. study has observed that Ozone layer that shields life from cancer-causing solar rays is recovering at a rate of 1 to 3 % per decade, reversing years of dangerous depletion caused by the release of harmful chemicals. Montreal Protocol works on that.
7) India has been elected as a Member of the ITU Council for a 4-year term (2019-22) by securing 165 votes. India ranked 3rd among the 13 countries elected to the Council from the Asia-Australasia region & 8th among the 48 countries globally.
8) According to a report by the Centre for Monitoring Indian Economy, the unemployment rate rose to 6.9% in October. It is the highest in 2 years. The estimated number of people employed during October 2018 was 397 million & only 39.5% of the adult was employed.
9) The oldest cave painting has been discovered by scientists in rural Borneo. Researchers led by Griffith University in Australia managed to access the cave. One painting found which depicted a banteng, a South Asian wild cow, & is at least 40000 years old.
10) The Cabinet has approved an amendment to the Central Universities Act- 2009 for setting up of a Central Tribal University in Andhra Pradesh. A fund of 420 Cr rupees has been granted as the first phase expenditure towards the establishment of the University.
11) According to the National Bureau of economic research, Bangalore is the most congested city followed by Mumbai, Delhi, Chennai & Kolkata. In another index of traffic speed, Kolkata was ranked as the slowest city followed by Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Mumbai.
12) Bajrang Punia became the no. 1 rank in the world in the 65kg category. He has won 5 medals, including CWG & Asian Games gold. Pooja Dhanda, who became the 4th Indian woman to win a World Championship medal, is ranked 6th in the women’s 57kg.
- Check More GK and Current Affairs Material