In this blog, All the Top news of week Top News of the week – Current Affairs from Nov 12 to Nov 16 2018 for your General Awareness and Current Affairs preparation for Bank and Government exams
1) The world’s largest supercomputer Spiking Neural Network Architecture (SpiNNaker) designed to work in the same way as the human brain has been switched on for the first time. The newly formed million-processor-core machine is made in the UK.
2) Distinguished economist and Padma Bhushan – TN Srinivasan passed away in Chennai. He earned a doctorate in Economics from Yale University in 1962. He was a strong votary of free trade and multilateralism & authored several books on economics and development.
3) The Czech Republic kept its perfect record in the Fed Cup finals by capturing the trophy for the sixth time in eight years by defeating the defending champion USA. It was the first victory for the Czechs over the USA since the country was created in 1993.
4) According to the World Risk Report on natural disasters, NHS Fit for Travel website on Foreign Office’s assessments of the risks of terrorism Iceland is the safest country to visit, while India is the fourth dangerous. The data extracted from WEF on the crime rate
5) The joint military exercise between Indian and Russia EXERCISE INDRA 2018 on combating insurgency under the aegis of UN is being conducted at Babina, Uttar Pradesh. The aim of the exercise is to practice joint planning and to enhance interoperability.
6) Stan Lee, who designed Spider-Man, Iron Man, the Hulk and a cavalcade of other Marvel Comics superheroes that became mythic figures in pop culture with soaring success at the movie box office, died at the age of 95.
7) According to RBI Report, Of the total $69 billion in 2017, about 58.7% was received by 4 states- Kerala topped the list with 19% share; Maharashtra with 16.7% (11.52 billion), followed by Karnataka 15% (about $10.35 billion), Tamil Nadu 8%.
8) ISRO’s heavy-lift rocket GSLV-Mark-Three has proven its reliability by successfully launching the communication satellite GSAT-29. It was launched from Satish Dhawan Space Centre at Sriharikota in Andhra Pradesh. It will be used for communication purpose.
9) Asian Games gold medallist Hima Das has been appointed as UNICEF India’s Youth Ambassador. Hima, who won a gold in the 4X400 meters relay at the Asian Games in Jakarta will work towards supporting various initiatives by UNICEF and awareness in India.
10) According to ISRO chief, The Indian Space Research Organisation has set a ‘target’ of achieving the country’s ambitious manned mission to space by 2021, with the first unmanned programme of ‘Gaganyaan’ planned for December 2020.
11) India’s ace cueist Pankaj Advani won third straight IBSF billiards crown in the 150-up format, taking the overall tally of world titles to 20. Advani overcame Nay Thway Oo of Myanmar in the final. It was organized by World Confederation of Billiards Sports.
- Check More GK and Current Affairs Material
- All New SBI PO 2021 Selection Batch: Join Now
- IB ACIO Tier 2 – Descriptive English Crash Course – Join Now
- यहाँ पर नि: शुल्क उत्तर प्रदेश पुलिस एसआई मॉक टेस्ट के लिए रजिस्टर करें
- Join SBI Clerk Selection Batch: Live Classes, Practice Sessions & Mock Tests
- Mission SSC CGL 2020-21 Crash Course + Test Series: Join Now
- JK Bank Mains – Crash Course + Mock Tests – Join Now