In this blog, All the Top news of week Top News of the week – Current Affairs from Nov 18 to Nov 23 2018 for your General Awareness and Current Affairs preparation for Bank and Government exams
1) India has sought from the US 24 multi-role MH-60 ‘Romeo’ anti-submarine helicopters for its Navy at an estimated cost of USD 2 billion. MH-60R Seahawk helicopter is considered the world’s most advanced maritime helicopter.
2) Alyque Padamsee, widely called the Brand Father of Indian advertising, died in Mumbai at the age of 90. he remained the brain behind several iconic and memorable Indian ad campaigns. he was honoured with Padmashri in 2000.
3) 19 November is celebrated as World Toilet Day every year. United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goal 6 (SDG 6) aims to ensure availability and sustainable management of sanitation and water for all by 2030. A theme is- When nature calls, we need a toilet.
4) RBI has mandated that banks maintain CRAR of 9% · 1 percentage point higher than Basel norms. RBI also agreed to extend the transition period for implementing the last tranche the Capital Conservation Buffer(0.625%) up to March 31, 2020.
5) India has turned out as the only country among the 11 highest-burden countries to mark progress in reducing its disease burden, registering a 24 per cent decrease in 2017 than 2016, according to WHO World Malaria Report 2018. Malaria is caused by parasites.
6) Agreement for manufacturing of the two Talvar-class warships at USD 500 million was signed between defence PSU Goa Shipyard Ltd (GSL) and Russia’s state-run defence major Rosoboronexport under the government-to-government framework for defence cooperation.
7) Paytm and arch-rival Mobikwik, have simultaneously announced entry into online insurance payments and purchase of digital insurance on their platforms. Paytm has partnered with the LIC to offer online insurance premium payments on its platform.
8) Ramnath Kovind, the first-ever Indian head of state to visit Australia signed five agreements to boost investments and enhance cooperation in key sectors like disability, agricultural research and education with Australian Prime minister Scott Morrison.
9) SEBI has come out with new rules for re-classification of a promoter as a public investor, wherein an outgoing promoter will have to relinquish special rights as well as control over the affairs of the listed firm and not be allowed to hold over 10% stake.
10) According to India Skills Report-2019, Andhra Pradesh has emerged on top in terms of employability among the states with the engg graduates having the highest level of employability. Employability level of engg students shot up to 63.11% from 42.08%.
- Check More GK and Current Affairs Material