In this blog, All the Top news of week Top News of the week – Current Affairs from Sept 09 to Sept 14 2018 for your General Awareness and Current Affairs preparation for Bank and Government exams
1) A powerful typhoon Jebi has slammed into western Japan. It comes soon after parts of Japan were hit by torrential rains in July that killed more than 200 people. The storm is the strongest to hit the country in 25 years.
2) Naomi Osaka defeated Serena Williams in straight sets and won the women’s final of the United States Open. She became the first Japan-born woman to win a Grand Slam final.
3) In the triple jump event at the IAAF Continental Cup held in Ostrava, Czech Republic, Arpinder Singh created history by becoming the first Indian to win a medal. The IAAF Continental Cup is being competed in 37 events in men and women sections.
4) Novak Djokovic, 31 clinched the US Open, 2018 men’s title by beating Juan Martin del Potro 6-3, 7-6, 6-3 to win the US Open for the third time. He took his career tally of Grand Slam titles to 14, equaling Pete Sampras’ career total.
5) PM Narendra Modi, along with Bangladesh premier Sheikh Hasina inaugurated the commencement of works for the Agartala-Akhaura rail project. It is a major step towards PM Modi’s goal of developing North-East India into ‘Astalaxmi’ and ‘HIRA’.
6) Indo-Mongolia joint exercise Nomadic Elephant-2018, started at Mongolian Armed Forces (MAF) Five Hills Training Area, Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia, it is a 12 days long joint exercise. The Indian contingent is represented by a contingent of 17 PUNJAB Regiment.
7) Union Railway Minister Piyush Goyal launched a web portal ‘Rail Sahyog’, a platform for the corporates and PSUs (Public Sector Undertakings) to contribute to the creation of amenities at Railway stations through Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) funds.
8) Ministry of Health and Family has prohibited the manufacturing of 328 Fixed Dose Combinations (FDCs) with immediate effect. A combination drug that includes 2 or more active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs) combined in a single dosage form known as FDCs.
9) GoI has announced New procurement policy to ensure farmers get MSP for Oilseeds as promised. Under the umbrella scheme of Pradhan Mantri Annadata Aay Sanrakshan Abhiyan (PM-AASHA), credit guarantee of 15,053 crores is allocated for 2-year time span.
10) Super Typhoon Mangkhut is heading for the Philippines, Taiwan and Hong Kong. Millions of people are at risk from this strong typhoon set to smash into the northern Philippines which could bring floods, landslides and huge waves to the disaster-prone nation.
11) India’s first missile tracking ship – VC11184, a force multiplier and cruise, places the country into a global elite club. Hindustan Shipyard Limited (HSL) is gearing up to undertake sea trials of India’s first missile tracking ship. The project will cost ₹750 crore.
- Check More GK and Current Affairs Material