In this blog, All the Top news of week Top News of the week – Current Affairs from Sept 23 to Sept 28 2018 for your General Awareness and Current Affairs preparation for Bank and Government exams
1) Union Home Minister launches two portals CCPWC and NDSO to strengthen Women Safety. The first portal cybercrime.gov.in will receive complaints on objectionable online content related to child pornography, child sexual abuse etc. National Database on Sexual Offenders will assist in tracking and investigating cases of sexual offences.
2) P.M. Narendra Modi launched the health assurance scheme: Ayushman Bharat – Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana(PMJAY)- at Ranchi, Jharkhand. PMJAY envisions health assurance of 5 lakh rupees per family per year, will benefit over 50 crore people.
3) International Day of Sign Languages was celebrated by Indian Sign Language Research and Training Centre (ISLRTC) under Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment. The theme of the day is “With Sign Language, Everyone is Included!”
4) Andhra Pradesh has topped the charts among States in terms of “Ease of Living Index”. It was followed by Odisha and Madhya Pradesh. The Ease of Living Index seeks to assist cities in undertaking a 360-degree assessment.
5) Croatian footballer Luka Modric was named the world’s best male player at the Best FIFA Football Awards in London. Modric won his third Champions League title in a row in May and guided Croatia to their first World Cup final in July.
6) India ranked 158th in the world for its investments in education and healthcare, according to the first-ever scientific study ranking countries for their levels of human capital. The study conducted by the Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation (IHME)
7) Department of Financial Services (DFS), Ministry of Finance developed a mobile app called Jan Dhan Darshak as a part of financial inclusion (FI) initiative. Mobile App to Provide Guidance to the Common People in Locating a Financial Service.
8) Prime Minister Narendra Modi has been awarded the prestigious United Nations Champions of the Earth Award. PM Modi and French President Emmanuel Macron have been awarded under the Policy Leadership category for initiating International Solar Alliance(ISA).
9) Supreme Court declared Centre’s Aadhaar scheme Constitutionally valid. However, it struck down some of its provisions including its linking with bank accounts, mobile, and school. SC also struck down Section 57 permitting private entities to avail Aadhaar
10) The government appointed Rajni Kant Mishra as the Director-General of Border Security Force (BSF). BSF is the primary border guarding organization of India established in 1965. It currently stands as the world’s largest border guarding force.
11) Airports Authority of India’s Devi Ahilya Bai Holkar Airport, Indore and Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel International Airport, Ahmedabad were conferred with the prestigious National Tourism Awards. The Ministry of Tourism presents National Tourism Awards.
- Check More GK and Current Affairs Material