The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts many national level exams for the recruitment of Graduate, Higher Secondary and Metric Level posts under various Government Organisations/ Departments/ Divisions. Every year lakhs of aspirants appear for the different exams under different posts conducted by SSC in order to be a part of one of the finest government institutions.
This article Top SSC Exams is highlight of all the exams conducted by SSC every year and which are going to be conducted in the upcoming days. For the year 2020-21 SSC has indicated that they will be releasing the notification for different clerical cadre and officer posts.
Let’s see what we will be covering here in this article:
- Top 7 SSC Exams (Complete List)
- Tentative Exam Schedule
- Top 7 SSC Exams 2020-21 – Complete List
- 1. SSC CGL (Combined Graduate Level)
- 2. SSC CHSL (Combined Higher Secondary Level) 10+2 Examination
- 3. SSC Multitasking (Non-Technical)
- 4. SSC Stenographers ‘C’ & ‘D’
- 5. SSC CPO
- 6. SSC JE
- 7. SSC Junior Hindi Translator
- Top SSC Upcoming Exams 2020-21 Tentative Schedule
Top 7 SSC Exams 2020-21 – Complete List
Let’s have a look at the different exams conducted by SSC.
1. SSC CGL (Combined Graduate Level)
Staff Selection Commission – Combined Graduate Level Examination, often referred to as SSC CGL is an examination conducted to recruit staff to various posts in ministries, departments and organizations of the Government of India. It is conducted by the Staff Selection Commission for selecting staff for various Group B and Group C posts.
1.1 SSC CGL is a 4 Tier recruitment Programme:
- Tier 1: Preliminary Examination (Online)
- Tier 2: Mains Examination (Online)
- Tier 3: Descriptive Examination (Offline)
- Tier 4: Data Entry Skill Test/ Computer Proficiency Test
The online exam consists of sections like Quantitative Aptitude, General Intelligence and Reasoning, English Comprehension and General Awareness. To know about the topics that come under the above sections in detail. You can read this blog covering the whole SSC CGL Syllabus.
In the Descriptive examination, you are asked to write a letter, an essay and a precise on the topics provided to you.
The detailed notification for the year 2020 is expected in the month of September and will be updated here once released. You can go through the SSC CGL 2019 notification just for the reference.
The eligibility criteria for the SSC CGL exam (as per the latest notification) are given below.
1.2 Age Criteria
- Minimum: 18 years
- Maximum: 32 years
(The Minimum and Maximum Age limit given above is the overall limit. The actual Upper and lower age limit would vary for different posts, which have been given in the below table).
1.3 What is SSC CGL Salary?
To get the detailed information about the salary post wise ⇒ CLICK HERE
1.4 SSC CGL 2020 Exam Schedule (Tentative):
- SSC CGL 2020 Notification Release Date: 15 September 2020
- SSC CGL Tier 1 Exam Date: November 2020
2. SSC CHSL (Combined Higher Secondary Level) 10+2 Examination
Every year SSC notifies about the recruitment for the posts of Lower Division Clerk (LDC), Data Entry Operator (DEO), Postal Assistants / Sorting Assistants (PA / SA) in various Central Government Departments and Ministries.
2.1 SSC CHSL Selection Process
The selection is done in the following three phases:
- SSC CHSL Tier 1 (Computer Based Test)
- SSC CHSL Tier 2 (Descriptive Paper)
- SSC CHSL Tier 3 (Typing and Skill Test)
The detailed notification for the year 2020 is expected in the month of November and will be updated here once released.
The descriptive paper has been introduced to assess the writing skills of the candidates as it is necessary for government jobs. The minimum qualifying marks in Tier-II would be 33 %. The performance in Tier-II would be included for preparing merit.
Typing Test will be conducted in English or Hindi and candidates while applying for the Examination, will have to indicate his/ her choice/ option for Skill Test Medium in the Application Form.
Candidates, intending to apply for SSC CHSL Posts should ensure that they fulfill the minimum eligibility criteria specified by SSC in their advertisement.
The eligibility criteria for SSC CHSL are as follows:
2.2 Age Criteria
- Minimum: 18 years
- Maximum: 27 years
2.3 What is the SSC CHSL Salary & Job Profile
To know everything about the SSC CHSL Salary and Job Profile ⇒ CLICK HERE & KNOW HERE EVERYTHING IN DETAIL
2.4 SSC CHSL 2020 Exam Schedule (Tentative):
- SSC CHSL 2020 Notification Release Date: 30 November 2020
- SSC CHSL Tier 1 Exam Date: January 2021
3. SSC Multitasking (Non-Technical)
The Staff Selection Commission conducts an annual examination for recruitment of Multi Tasking Staff- a General Central Service Group ‘C’ Non-Gazetted, Non-Ministerial post in various Ministries/ Departments/ Offices of the Government of India, in different States/ Union Territories.
3.1 SSC Multitasking Selection Process
The examination will consist of a Computer Based Examination (Paper-I) and a Descriptive Paper (Paper-II).
- Paper-I (Computer Based Examination-Objective Type)
- Paper-II (Descriptive)
Want to know SSC MTS Paper Pattern? Take A Free Mock Test Here
Paper-II will only be of qualifying nature and is intended to test elementary language skills in view of the categorization of the post as Group-C and in view of job requirements. However, marks scored by the candidates in Paper-II will be used to decide merit in case more than one candidate score equal normalized marks in Paper-I.
3.2 SSC MTS Eligibility Criteria
The age limit for the posts as per the Recruitment Rules of various User Departments are:
- Minimum: 18 years
- Maximum: 25 or 27 Years (Depending on the Posts)
as on 01-06-2020 (i.e. candidates born not before 02-08-1995 or 02-08-1993 and not later than 01-06-2002).
Note: Paper-II will be held only for those candidates who meet the cut-off prescribed by the Commission in Paper-I for different categories.
3.3 What you get after your selection. SSC MTS Salary Details – As per the City Category
3.4 SSC MTS 2020 Exam Schedule (Tentative):
- SSC MTS 2020 Notification Release Date: June 2020
- Paper 1 Exam Date: 26.10.2020 to 13.11.2020 (CBE)
4. SSC Stenographers ‘C’ & ‘D’
The Staff Selection Commission holds an Open Competitive Computer Based Examination every year for recruitment of Stenographer Grade ‘C’ (Group ‘B’, NonGazetted) and Stenographer Grade ‘D’ (Group ‘C’) for various Ministries/ Departments/ Organizations in the Government of India.
4.1 SSC Stenographers ‘C’ & ‘D’ Selection Process
The SSC Stenographer 2019-20 Recruitment Examinations will have 2 stages -:
1) Online Computer Based Exam
2) Skill Test
The online computer-based examination will consist of different topics like General Intelligence & Reasoning, General Awareness, English Language & Comprehension. You will be given a total time of 2 hours for the Online Computer Based Examination.
The candidate who clears the Online Test will be called for the Skill Test. It will contain -:
Dictation for 10 minutes in English or Hindi (as opted by the candidates in the online Application Form) at the speed of 100 words per minute (w.p.m) for the post of Stenographer Grade “C” and 80 w.p.m. for the post of Stenographer Grade “D”.
4.2 Age Criteria
The age limits for SSC Stenographers ‘C’ & ‘D’ are as follows:
(a) Stenographer Grade ‘C’: 18 to 30 years as on 01.01.2020
(b) Stenographer Grade ‘D’: 18 to 27 years as on 01.01.2020
After knowing the age limits let us have a look at the selection process. How we will be selected for SSC Stenographer ‘C’& ‘D’?.
4.3 SSC Stenographers ‘C’ & ‘D’ Salary
Find the SSC Stenographers ‘C’ & ‘D’ Salary given below:
|Stenographer Salary||Grade C||Grade D|
|Pay Scale||9300 – 34800||5200 – 20200|
|Pay Band||4200 – 4600||2400|
4.4 SSC Stenographers ‘C’ & ‘D’ Exam Schedule (Tentative):
- SSC Stenographers ‘C’ & ‘D’ Notification Release Date: 04.08.2020
- Online Computer Based Examination: 03.12.2020
5. SSC CPO
SSC holds an Open Competitive Computer Based Examination for SSC CPO Recruitment of Sub-Inspector (SI) in Delhi Police and Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs) every year.
5.1 SSC CPO Selection Process
The SSC CPO Examination will consist of:
2. Physical Standard Test (PST)/ Physical Endurance Test (PET)
3. Paper-II and
4. Medical Examination (DME).
Note: On the basis of their performance in Paper-I+Paper-II, candidates will be shortlisted for appearing in Medical Examination. Candidates, who are successful in Medical Examination, will be called for detailed Document Verification.
5.2 Age Criteria
Aspirants should have an Age limit from 20 to 25 years as on 01.01.2020.
5.3 SSC CPO Salary
Know the detailed salary and job profile ⇒ HERE
5.4 SSC CPO Exam Schedule (Tentative):
- SSC CPO Notification Release Date: 17 April 2020
- Online Computer Based Examination: 28 September 2020 to 1 October 2020.
6. SSC JE
Staff Selection Commission every year holds an open competitive examination for the recruitment of Junior Engineers (Civil, Electrical, Mechanical, and Quantity Surveying & Contracts) for various Departments/ Organizations in the Government of India. The posts are Group ‘B’ (Non-Gazetted).
6.1 SSC JE Selection Process
The Examination will consist of two papers i.e.
- Paper-I (Computer Based Examination)
Paper-II (Descriptive Type).
6.2 SSC JE Exam Schedule (Tentative)
- SSC JE Notification Release Date: 4 August 2020
- Online Computer Based Examination: February 2021
7. SSC Junior Hindi Translator
The Staff Selection Commission conducts an annual examination for recruitment of Junior Hindi Translator, Junior Translator, Senior Hindi Translator and Hindi Pradhyapak for various Ministries/ Departments/ Organizations in the Government of India. The various posts are as under:
- Junior Translator in Central Secretariat Official Language Service (CSOLS).
- Junior Translator in M/o Railways (Railway Board)
- Junior Translator in Armed Forces Headquarters (AFHQ)
- Senior Hindi Translator in various Central Government Ministries/ Departments/ Offices
- Hindi Pradhyapak in Central Hindi Training Institute (CHTI)
7.1 SSC Junior Hindi Translator Selection Process
The examination will consist of two papers.
- Paper 1: (Computer-Based Examination-Objective Type)
- Paper-2: Translation and Essay
Aspirants qualifying paper-2 will be called for the last stage of the recruitment process i.e Document Verification.
7.3 Eligibility Criteria
Age limit: Not exceeding 30 years as on 01.01.2021
The Minimum qualifying marks in Paper-I and Paper-II are as follows:
(i) UR: 30%
(ii) OBC/ EWS: 25%
(iii) Others: 20%
Final selection and allocation of Ministries/ Departments will be made on the basis of the performance of candidates in Paper-I+Paper-II and the preference of Posts/ Departments exercised by them at the time of Document Verification.
7.4 SSC Junior Hindi Translator Exam Schedule (Tentative)
- SSC Junior Hindi Translator Notification Release Date: 14 April 2020
- Online Computer Based Examination (Paper-1): 1 October 2020
Top SSC Upcoming Exams 2020-21 Tentative Schedule
of the examination
Application Start Date (Tentative)
Application End Date (Tentative)
|Date of Exam|
|SSC CGL||15-09-2020||15-10-2020||To be notified later|
|SSC CHSL 10+2||30-11-2020||15-12-2020||To be notified later|
|SSC Multitasking (Non-Technical) [Paper 1]||02-06-2020||15-07-2020||26.10.2020 to 13.11.2020 (CBE)*|
|SSC Stenographers ”C’ & ‘D’||04.08.2020||03.09.2020||01.12.2020 to 03.12. 2020 (CBE)*|
|SSC CPO||17.04.2020||16.05.2020||28.09.2020 to 01.10 2020 (CBE)*|
|SSC JE||04.08.2020||03.09.2020||February, 2021 (CBE)*|
|SSC Junior Hindi Translator||17.04.2020||16.05.2020||01.10.2020 (CBE)*|
That’s all from us in this blog on Top SSC Exams. We hope you found the above information useful. We have provided you a brief introduction about Top SSC Posts. Keep checking this space for more updates related to SSC Exams 2020-21.
- Want to increase your Prelims score by +10?
Attempt Lockdown Live Tests – Free Daily All India Test Now
- GharPe Coaching 3.0 – Attend Free Live Classes for SBI PO & IBPS PO
- Attempt a Free SEBI Grade A Mock Test here
- UPSC EPFO EO 2020 – Attempt Free Mock Tests now
- Prepare for Railway RRB NTPC Exam – Take a Free Mock Test