The D-Day is approaching for UPSC Prelims 2019 Exam – 2nd June 2019. UPSC Prelims The day when all your efforts over the last year or so would be tested. To prepare you well for the UPSC Prelims exam day, we present you 20 tips for UPSC prelims Exam day.
These UPSC Prelims tips were provided by famous UPSC faculty from Pune – Mr Nirav Suratwala, also fondly known as Nirav Da.
UPSC Prelims: Tips for the Exam Day
1) Take a printout of the Hall Ticket to avoid last minute hustle. – Click Here to download hall ticket
2) If the centre is in another city, then reach the destination city a day or 2 before the exam day.
3) Avoid Night journey before the day of the exam
4) Do not stay with family or friends, as it would not give you the peace of mind required before the exam
5) Visit the examination centre a day before the exam, to avoid any last-minute delays as sometimes locations are incorrectly marked on the GPS apps.
6) Get your biological clock tuned to the UPSC timings – 10 to 12 in the morning and 2 to 4 in the afternoon, especially for the people who study at night.
7) Do not read any new study material or books. Concentrate on the revision of content you have been preparing to date.
8) Do not set any target of marks you want to score in the Prelims. Because Unpredictability is one of the primary qualities of UPSC Prelims paper
9) Revise Basics of core subjects – history, geography, polity, ecology, economy as it covers more than 60% of the questions asked in UPSC exams every year
10) Keep scanning the newspapers until the day of the UPSC prelims exam to be aware of the things happening around us. (do not read newspapers in detail though)
11) Avoid Distractions – Whatsapp, Facebook, Instagram, twitter, youtube
12) Take extra care of your health – eat well, sleep well.
13) Stay away from negative, demoralising people before the UPSC Prelims exam. Always keep positive company, even during the exam break between paper 1 and paper 2
14) do not discuss UPSC Prelims Paper 1 questions during the exam break, as it may demoralise you impact your performance in UPSC Prelims paper 2
15) Do not attempt questions of which you have no idea about in the UPSC Prelims Exam.
16) Be ready for Surprises, because that’s what UPSC specialises in.
17) Mark the OMR sheet properly, darken the circles properly.
18) UPSC is also a test of temperament, so don’t get panicked if there are difficult questions at the beginning of UPSC Prelims Exam. Keep calm and move onto the next question.
19) You should have 100% faith in yourself because it will give you the confidence to attempt the UPSC Prelims exam efficiently
20) Last but not the least – Stay positive. Repeat the following words to yourself “I have prepared well, and I will Clear the UPSC Prelims 2018 Exam”
So, these are the tips for UPSC Prelims 2018 Exam. We hope you find these helpful.
All the bets for the UPSC Prelims 2018 Exam!!
In case you have any queries about Civil Services Exam preparation, you can connect with us on FB, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube as well.
Check out the following for UPSC PReparation –
- Crack IBPS Clerk 2020 Online Course – Join Now
- Join EDGE Courses for Bank Exams – Get personal mentoring by experts
- IBPS PO 2020 Mock Tests – Attempt a Free Mock Test Now
- IBPS RRB PO Mock Test – Attempt a FREE Mock Test Now
- IBPS RRB Assistant Mock Test – Attempt a FREE Mock Test Now
- Guarantee your success in 2020 with SBI PO Titan Course on EDGE + 30 Full-length SBI PO mock tests
- Attempt a Free SEBI Grade A Mock Test here