MAH CET Eligibility Criteria 2024 – The State CET Cell Maharashtra will post the MAH CET 2024 eligibility criteria on cetcell.mahacet.org. To be eligible for the Maharashtra CET exam, you must have passed your 12th-grade or equivalent exam with at least 45% marks, including specific marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. Check these criteria before registering for the exam. In this article full details of MAH CET eligibility criteria 2024 read the entire article for more information.
MAH CET Eligibility Criteria 2024 – General Criteria
MAH CET 2024 establishes general criteria for eligibility, covering essential requirements for all candidates applying for the Maharashtra CET exam.
- Nationality: You need to be an Indian citizen to apply for MAH CET 2024.
- Age Limit: There is no specific age limit. People of all ages can apply.
- Qualification: You should have completed your 10+2 or an equivalent exam from a recognized board/university. Your studies should include subjects like Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
- Minimum Marks: You need at least 45% marks in your 12th-grade exams to be eligible for MAH CET. However, if you are from a reserved category, 40% marks are acceptable for engineering courses.
- Appearing Candidates: Even if you are currently in the process of completing your 12th-grade exams, you can still apply for MAH CET. You just need to ensure you have the minimum passing marks required.
Remember, these are the basic requirements you must meet to be eligible for MAH CET 2024.
MAH CET Eligibility Criteria 2024 – Direct Admission
MAH CET 2024 makes it easier for eligible students to get into college by offering direct admission opportunities.
- Special Categories: Certain groups of students can get direct admission without taking the MAH CET exam.
- Foreign Nationals: If you’re a student from another country (a foreign national), you don’t need to appear for the exam.
- NRI/OCI/PIO Children: If you are a child of a Non-Resident Indian (NRI), an Overseas Citizen of India (OCI), or a Person of Indian Origin (PIO), you are also eligible for direct admission.
- Gulf Workers’ Children: If your parents are Indian workers in Gulf countries, you can also get direct admission without taking the MAH CET exam.
For these special categories of students, there’s no need to go through the regular MAH CET exam process.
MAH CET Eligibility Criteria 2024 – Candidature Type
MAH CET 2024 classifies candidates into different types based on their qualifications and background to ensure fair eligibility criteria.
|Category of students
|CET Eligibility Criteria
|Maharashtra State Candidates
|Nationality: Candidates must be Indian Nationals.
Educational Qualification: Candidates must have passed the HSC/equivalent exam with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects with any one of the subjects – Chemistry/ Biotechnology/ Biology/ Technical/ Vocational subjects. Candidates should have secured a minimum of 45 % marks (for the General Category). However, the minimum marks for reserved category and Persons with Disability candidates (belonging to Maharashtra State only) are 40% marks.
As MAH CET eligibility criteria for other state students, candidates must have passed the Diploma in Engineering and Technology with at least 45% aggregate marks (for the General category) and at least 40% aggregate marks (for reserved/ backward category/ Persons with Disability belonging to Maharashtra State only).
Candidates must have passed B.Sc. Degree from a recognized university with at least 45% aggregate marks (for the General category) and at least 40% aggregate marks (for backward class/ Persons with Disability belonging to Maharashtra State only). These candidates should have passed the XII class with Mathematics as a subject.
|All India Candidates (AI)
|Jammu & Kashmir Migrant Candidates
|Children of NRI/OCI/PIO/Indian workers in Gulf Countries, Foreign National (FN) Candidates
|These candidates must have passed HSC or equivalent exams with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects with one of these – Chemistry/ Biotechnology/ Biology/ Technical/ Vocational subjects with at least 45% marks in all the above subjects taken together.
MAH CET Eligibility Criteria 2024 – Maharashtra State Candidature
MAH CET 2024 defines eligibility for Maharashtra state candidates, setting the requirements for Indian nationals residing in the state.
|Candidates either domicile of Maharashtra and/or born in Maharashtra.
Such candidates must have passed SSC or Diploma in Engineering or HSC or Bachelor of Science Exam from a recognized institute in Maharashtra.
|Place of passing the Qualifying Exam should fall within the jurisdiction of the respective University area.
|Candidates not falling in Type A but their mother or father are domiciles of Maharashtra. (They must possess a domicile certificate).
|Place of domicile certificate issuing authority must fall within the jurisdiction of the respective University area.
|Candidates who do not fall in Type A or Type B but whose mother or father is a Government of India or Government of India Undertaking employee.
Either of the parents should be posted and reported to the duty in Maharashtra before the deadline of MAH CET CAP application submission (which means the counselling application form).
|The parents posting area must fall within the jurisdiction of the respective University area.
|Candidates who do not fall in (Type A, B and C category), but either of their parents are employees of or are retired as Government of Maharashtra or Government of Maharashtra Undertaking.
|Place of posting of mother or father or place of settlement in case of retirement or place of last posting in case posted outside Maharashtra state falling within the jurisdiction of the respective University area.
|Candidates passing SSC and/or HSC Exam from a recognized institution situated in a disputed Maharashtra-Karnataka Border Area and whose Mother tongue is Marathi.
|Candidates were considered under outside home University or for outside Maharashtra state seats.
MAH CET Eligibility Criteria 2024 – Minority Candidature
MAH CET 2024 has specific eligibility guidelines for minority candidates, considering their distinct background within the Maharashtra region.
- Eligible Community: Candidates should belong to a specific linguistic or religious minority community recognized by the Government in Maharashtra.
- Domicile of Maharashtra-Karnataka Disputed Border Area (MKB): Candidates from an area affected by the Maharashtra-Karnataka border dispute can apply.
- School Location: They must have completed their 10+2 exams from a school in this disputed border area and obtained the required MAH CET qualification marks.
- Domicile Certificate: Candidates need to provide a domicile certificate from their College/School’s Principal or Headmaster as proof of residence in the disputed border area.
- Mother Tongue: Marathi should be the candidate’s mother tongue, and they should provide a certificate from their 12th-grade school’s Principal or Headmaster as evidence.
- Marathi Studies: Candidates should have studied Marathi as one of their subjects in their 10+2 or equivalent exams.
These criteria apply to candidates living in the Maharashtra-Karnataka disputed border area who meet these specific conditions.
MAH CET Eligibility Criteria 2024 – Wards of Defence Personnel
MAH CET 2024 includes special eligibility rules for the children or spouses of defense personnel, acknowledging their unique status.
- Children of Former Defense Personnel (Living in Maharashtra): If you are the child, spouse, or ward of someone who used to serve in the defense forces and now lives in Maharashtra, you’re eligible.
- Spouse of Serving Defense Personnel (Transferred to Maharashtra): If you are the spouse of someone currently serving in the defense forces and they have been transferred to Maharashtra, you’re also eligible to apply for MAH CET 2024.
MAH CET Eligibility Criteria 2024 – Persons with Disability (PwD)
MAH CET 2024 introduces criteria tailored for Persons with Disabilities (PwD) to ensure equal access and opportunities for all.
- Disability Certificate: Candidates need to provide a certificate (Proforma F/F-1) confirming their disability is at least 40%.
- Specialized Branches Eligibility:
- Bio-Medical/Bio-Tech Engineering: To apply for this, candidates should have passed their 10+2 exams with Biology as one of their subjects.
- Mining Engineering: This course is not open to female candidates.
MAH CET Eligibility Criteria 2024 – Frequently Asked Question
Q1. Is there an age limit for MAH CET 2024?
Ans. No, there is no age limit for MAH CET 2024.
Q2. What educational qualifications are required for MAH CET 2024?
Ans. Candidates need to have passed their 10+2 or an equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics subjects.
Q3. What are the criteria for grouping in MAH CET 2024?
Ans. Candidates should have achieved a minimum of 45% marks in their 10+2 or equivalent exams. However, for those in reserved categories, 40% marks are acceptable.