CAT Eligibility Criteria
Every year thousands of candidates appear in the CAT examination to get enrolled in their dream MBA Colleges. Candidates who are preparing for the CAT 2024 must know the eligibility criteria before applying for the CAT exam. We will look at all factors related to CAT eligibility in this section. It would Include Age Limit & Age Relaxation, Educational qualification, and Nationality.
CAT Eligibility Criteria 2024
CAT, or the Common Admission Test, is a big test for getting into IIMs (fancy business schools) for MBA or PGDM programs. IIM Calcutta will likely do the CAT 2024 on November 30, 2024. The CAT 2024 exam notification is expected to be released on July 2024. CAT is on a computer, takes 2 hours, and happens in different places in India. You can learn about who can take it, when it is, what the test is like, and some tips for preparing in this article. For more information on eligibility, age limit and educational qualification read the entire article.
CAT Age Limit 2024
There is no upper limit to applying for CAT. Candidates can apply for CAT without any restrictions on age.
CAT Eligibility Criteria 2024 – Educational Qualification
- Candidates should have completed a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university.
- The previous criteria were that a General and NC-OBC candidate should obtain 50% in Bachelor’s while candidates belonging to SC/ST and PWD should obtain 45%.
- If a score is obtained in the form of a CGPA, then the corresponding CGPA should be converted to a percentage. If any University/institution confirms that there is no scheme for converting CGPA into equivalent marks, the equivalence would be established by dividing the candidate’s CGPA by the maximum possible CGPA and multiplying the result with 100.
- Candidates appearing for the final year of the Bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification examination and those who have completed degree requirements and are awaiting results can also apply. However, it may be noted that such candidates, if selected, will be allowed to join the program provisionally, only if they submit a certificate from the Principal/Registrar of their University/Institution (issued on or before the date as stipulated by the respective IIM) stating that they have completed all the requirements for obtaining the Bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification on the date of the issue of the certificate. IIMs may verify eligibility at various stages of the selection process.
CAT Reservation Policy
Candidates should read all the instructions carefully before filling up the form. Those who want to avail reservation facility need to submit a separate caste certificate duly at the time of application
|A person with Benchmark Disabilities (PWD)||5 per cent|
|Other Backward Classes (non-creamy)||27 per cent|
|Scheduled Caste||15 per cent|
|Scheduled Tribe||7.5 per cent|
|Economically Weaker Sections (EWS)||Up to 10 per cent|
CAT Reservation Policy for PwD
As per the provision, 5% of seats in CAT are reserved for physically abled candidates, and as per the regulation there are three categories of disability:
- Low vision blindness
- Hearing impairment
- Locomotor Disability or Cerebral Palsy
CAT Reservation Policy for EWS Category
Persons who are not covered under the scheme of reservation for SCs, STs, and OBCs and whose family has a gross annual income below Rs 8 lakhs are identified as EWS for reaping the benefit of reservation.
Candidates can avail of this scheme by providing an Income and Asset Certificate.
But there are certain exceptions to this arrangement. If the candidates’ families’ gross income is less than 8 lakhs but satisfies any of the conditions stated below, the candidate shall not fall under this category-
- If the candidates’ families own 5 acres of agricultural land and above.
- Candidates who own a residential flat of 1,000 sq. ft. and above.
- Candidates whose parents possess a residential plot of 100 sq. yards and above in notified municipalities.
- Candidates whose parents own a residential plot of 200 sq. yards and above in areas other than the notified municipalities.
CAT 2024 Eligibility Criteria – Frequently Asked Question
Q1. What is the age limit for CAT 2024?
Ans. There is no upper limit to applying for CAT. Candidates can apply for CAT without any restrictions on age.
Q2. Can final year student attend the CAT 2024 exam?
Ans. Yes final year students or candidates waiting for their graduation result are applicable to attend the CAT 2024 exam.
Q3. What is the educational qualification required for CAT 2024?
Ans. Candidates should have completed a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university