Must Read Fiction Book For CAT 2024 – Reading these books can help CAT exam applicants become more knowledgeable, improve their thinking abilities, and appear as well-prepared candidates in the tough admission process. These chosen novels cover different topics and viewpoints related to management and leadership. In this article we have shared few must read fiction books for CAT exam preparation read the entire article for more information.
Why Reading Fiction Book For CAT Exam is Important?
Reading fiction books can be helpful for students getting ready for CAT and similar tests. Some students think that CAT passages are all from non-fiction, so fiction reading is useless. While that’s partially true, especially for books like those by Chetan Bhagat, high-quality literature and modern fiction can still teach you a lot about language and vocabulary. Reading is enjoyable and can expand your mind. Here are some other good things about reading fiction:
- Fiction books have a vast array of words and phrases, making them a valuable resource for building your vocabulary.
- Reading fiction can open up your mind, making you better at thinking creatively from different angles. It helps you see things from various viewpoints and increases your understanding.
- Engaging with fiction is an excellent method to boost your creativity and imagination. It allows you to visualize different worlds and scenarios.
- Since fiction captivates your mind, it can improve your memory retention. The stories and characters you encounter stay with you better.
- Fiction books often delve into cultural, political, and social issues, enhancing your knowledge in these areas. They provide insights into the world around us, making you more informed.
Top Fiction Books for CAT Exam Preparation
CAT exam takers can read different fiction books to get better prepared. Here are some good books grouped into three levels of difficulty. It’s a good idea to begin with the level 1 book and then move on to the harder ones as you go along.
|Level 1 Fiction Books for CAT Preparation
|The Kite Runner
|Historical fiction Drama
|Young adult literature
|The Wind in the Willows
|Lord of the Flies
|Level 2 Fiction Books for CAT Preparation
|The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari
|Political satire, social science fiction
|The Compassionate Samurai
|Level 3 Fiction Books for CAT Preparation
|The Great Gatsby
|F. Scott Fitzgerald
|The Catcher in the Rye
|J. D. Salinger
|Narcissus and Goldmund
|Historical fiction, philosophical fiction
|Philosophical, Mystery and Romance
Strategy to Read Fiction Books for CAT Exam Preparation
When it comes to picking books for CAT preparation, candidates can feel confused. Using regular CAT prep books is a simple and useful choice. But if you want to read fiction books, it’s important to consider a few things:
- Think about the language level in the book.
- Make sure you read a variety of books.
- Start with easier books and then work your way up to harder ones.
As you read, try to understand how the language in the books can help you prepare for the CAT 2024 exam.
Benefits of Reading Fiction Books for CAT Exam Preparation
In the CAT exam, there’s a part called VARC that checks how well you read and understand words. They might ask you about words with similar or opposite meanings to test your vocabulary.
Reading fiction books can help you get better at understanding words and stories. In the exam, the reading parts are usually about different topics. If you read fiction regularly, you’ll find it easier to understand these topics in the exam.
Frequently Asked Question
Q1. Why is it a good idea for CAT aspirants to read fiction books?
Ans. Reading fiction books helps CAT aspirants improve their vocabulary, comprehension skills, and critical thinking, all of which are valuable for CAT preparation.
Q2. How do fiction books assist candidates in the Verbal Ability section of CAT?
Ans. Fiction books enhance language skills, aid in analyzing complex passages, and prepare candidates for synonyms and antonyms questions in the Verbal Ability section of CAT.
Q3. Are there specific fiction books recommended for different reading levels?
Ans. Yes, fiction books are categorized into different levels of complexity, allowing candidates to begin with easier books and gradually progress to more challenging reads.