Table of Contents
- CTET Notification 2023
- CTET Notification 2023 – Overview
- CTET Notification 2023 – Important Dates
- CTET Notification 2023 – Download PDF
- CTET Notification 2023 – CTET Exam 2023
- CTET Notification 2023 – Application Link
- CTET Notification 2023 – Application Fees
- CTET Notification 2023 – Eligibility Criteria
- CTET Notification 2023 – Steps to Apply
- CTET Notification 2023 – Exam Schedule Papers 1 and 2
- CTET Notification 2023 – CTET Exam Pattern
- CTET Exam Pattern – Paper I
- CTET Exam Pattern – Paper II
- CTET Notification 2023 – CTET Exam Syllabus
- CTET Exam Date 2023
- CTET Admit Card 2023
- CTET Salary 2023
- CTET Exam Selection Process 2023
- CTET Exam Cut-Off 2023
- CTET Exam Centers 2023
- CTET Answer Key For Papers 1 & 2
- CTET Result 2023
- CTET 2023 Certificate Validity
- CTET Notification Key Points
- CTET Notification 2023 – Frequently Asked Questions
CTET Notification 2023
CTET Notification 2023 – The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) conducts CTET, a nationwide teaching eligibility exam, annually. The CBSE has issued the CTET 2023 Notification for the July cycle on their official website www.ctet.nic.in as of April 2023. For additional information on the CTET Notification 2023, please refer to the following article.
CTET Notification 2023 – Overview
The CTET Exam Notification is now available on the official website of CTET at ctet.nic.in. Candidates can refer to the table below to obtain critical information about the CTET Exam 2023.
|Exam Name||CTET (Central Teacher Eligibility Test)|
|CTET Conducting Body||CBSE|
|CTET Exam Date||July and August 2023|
|CTET Exam Mode||Online|
|CTET Official Website||https://ctet.nic.in/|
CTET Notification 2023 – Important Dates
Below is a table outlining the essential dates for the CTET Exam 2023 that candidates must be aware of, beginning with the notification release and concluding with the CTET result announcement. Candidates can refer to this table to view all CTET exam dates for 2023.
|CTET 2023 Notification||27th April 2023|
|CTET 2023 Online Registration Form||27th April 2023|
|Last Date to Fill CTET Application||26th May 2023|
|Last Date for Submission of Fees||26th May 2023|
|Correct Window||29th May to 2nd June 2023|
|CTET Exam Date||20.08.2023 (SUNDAY)|
|CTET 2023 Answer Key||To be Notified|
|CTET Result 2023||September 2023|
CTET Notification 2023 – Download PDF
To simplify the process of accessing the official CTET notification PDF 2023, we have provided a direct link for it. The CTET Notification PDF includes crucial information about the CTET Exam 2023, such as the exam date, eligibility criteria, and syllabus. Those who are interested may download the CTET 2023 Notification PDF by clicking the direct link provided below.
CTET Notification 2023 – CTET Exam 2023
The CTET 2023 Exam is set to take place in July and August 2023 and will solely be administered in Computer Based Test (CBT) mode. The CTET notification on the official website contains information about the application process, eligibility requirements, syllabus, and exam pattern for the CTET 2023 July cycle.
The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) will administer the 17th edition of the Central Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET) in December 2023 (tentatively) in CBT mode. Eligible candidates preparing for the CTET 2023 Exam should prepare for this opportunity.
CTET Notification 2023 – Application Link
CBSE has released the CTET Notification, and the CTET 2023 Application link became active on April 27, 2023. The deadline for submitting the CTET 2023 Exam application is May 26, 2023, and the correction window will be open from May 29 to June 2, 2023. Candidates can make the CTET Application Form payment according to the CTET 2023 schedule. The official website contains comprehensive information on the detailed Notification.
Before filling out the CTET online form, candidates should review the CTET notice released by CBSE. By visiting the link provided below, candidates can apply for the CTET 2023 exam online and read all the instructions.
CTET Notification 2023 – Application Fees
Candidates can apply for CTET 2023 by logging in to the official website. If a candidate belongs to the General or OBC category and is applying for either Paper I or Paper II, the application fee is Rs. 1000/-. If they are applying for both papers, the fee is Rs. 1200/-. For SC/ST candidates, the fee is Rs. 500/- if applying for either Paper I or Paper II and Rs. 600/- if applying for both papers.
The CTET 2023 Application Fee varies based on the candidate’s category, whether SC, ST, OBC, or Gen, and on whether they select one or both papers.
|Category||Only Paper I or II||Both Paper I and II|
|General/OBC||Rs. 1000||Rs. 1200|
|SC/ST/Diff. Abled Person||Rs. 500||Rs. 600|
CTET Notification 2023 – Eligibility Criteria
Here are the educational qualifications required for different levels of CTET:
For Primary Teacher (Class 1st to 5th) – Paper 1:
- Must have passed Class 12th with at least 50% marks and also passed or appearing in the final year of two-year Diploma in Elementary Education, or
- Must have passed Class 12th with at least 45% marks and also passed or appearing in the final year of two-year Diploma in Elementary Education as per NCTE 2002 norms, or
- Must have passed Class 12th with at least 50% marks and also passed or appearing in the final year of four-year Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.El.Ed), or
- Must have passed Class 12th with at least 50% marks and also passed or appearing in the final year of two-year Diploma in Education (Special Education), or
- Must have passed undergraduate degree and also passed or appearing in the final year of two-year Diploma in Elementary Education.
For Elementary Teacher (Class 6th to 8th) – Paper 2:
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree and also passed or appearing in the final year of two-year Diploma in Elementary Education, or
- Must have a graduation degree with at least 50% marks and also passed or appearing in the one-year Bachelor in Education (B.Ed), or
- Must have a graduation degree with at least 45% marks and also passed or appearing in the one-year Bachelor in Education (B.Ed) as per NCTE norms, or
- Must have passed Class 12th with at least 50% marks and also passed or appearing in the final year of four-year Bachelor in Elementary Education, or
- Must have passed Class 12th with at least 50% marks and also passed or appearing in the final year of four-year B.A.Ed or B.SC.Ed, or
- Must have an undergraduate degree with at least 50% marks and also passed or appearing in the one-year B.Ed/ (B.Ed Special Education).
CTET Notification 2023 – Steps to Apply
Here is the step by step guide to apply for CTET exam 2023
- Go to the official website of CTET at www.ctet.nic.in and log in.
- Find the “Apply Online” link on the website.
- Click on the link to access the CTET registration form.
- Fill in all the required personal and educational details carefully and accurately.
- Upload a scanned passport size photograph in JPG file format.
- Pay the registration fee using a credit card, debit card or e-challan.
- Finally, take a printout of the completed registration form for future reference.
CTET Notification 2023 – Exam Schedule Papers 1 and 2
The CTET exams are conducted in two sessions, and their respective timings are provided in the table below. The table contains comprehensive details of the CTET 2023 exam, and candidates can refer to it for the latest information on the exam schedule and timing.
|Entry time||7.30 AM||12.20 PM|
|Checking of CTET Center 2023||9 Am to 9.15 AM||2 Pm to 2.15 PM|
|Checking of Computer||9.15 AM||2.15 PM|
|Last Entry in the Examination Center||9.30 AM||2.30 PM|
|CTET Exam Start||9.30 AM||2.30 PM|
|CTET Test Concludes||12 PM||5 PM|
CTET Notification 2023 – CTET Exam Pattern
Each of the CTET papers, i.e., Paper I and Paper II, comprises 150 multiple-choice questions (MCQs), with one mark awarded for each correct answer. Incorrect answers do not attract negative marking, and the paper is conducted in an offline mode as a pen-and-paper-based test. While Paper I has five sections, Paper II has four sections.
- The CTET Paper-I exam is intended for individuals who aspire to become teachers for classes I to IV.
- The CTET Paper-II exam is intended for individuals who aspire to become teachers for classes VI to VIII.
CTET Exam Pattern – Paper I
The CTET Paper-I examination is divided into five sections, and the distribution of the total number of questions and marks for Paper-I is provided below.
|Subjects||Total Number of Questions||Total Number of Marks||Duration|
|Child Development and Pedagogy||30||30||2.5 hours|
|Language I (compulsory)||30||30|
|Language II (compulsory)||30||30|
CTET Exam Pattern – Paper II
The CTET Paper-I examination comprises four sections. In Paper-II, candidates have to choose between Mathematics & Science and Social Studies. The distribution of the total number of questions and marks for Paper-II is provided below.
|Subjects||Total Number of Questions||Total Number of Marks||Duration|
|Child Development and Pedagogy||30||30||2.5 hours|
|Language I (compulsory)||30||30|
|Language II (compulsory)||30||30|
|A. Mathematics & Science||30 + 30||60|
|B. Social Studies & Social Science||60||60|
CTET Notification 2023 – CTET Exam Syllabus
The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) will release the official detailed syllabus for the Central Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET) in the CTET notification 2023 official PDF. The CTET exam consists of two papers, and candidates must appear for the paper that aligns with their eligibility. To succeed in the CTET 2023 Exam, it is crucial for students to have a thorough understanding of the CTET 2023 Syllabus & New Exam pattern. Here are some important points to consider.
CTET Paper 1 – The subjects include Child Development and Pedagogy (CDP), Language I (compulsory), Language II (compulsory), Subject concerned Pedagogy, Mathematics and Subject concerned Pedagogy, Environmental Studies, and Subject concerned Pedagogy.
CTET Paper 2 – The subjects include Child Development and Pedagogy (CDP), Language I (compulsory), Language II (compulsory), Subject concerned Pedagogy, Mathematics & Science and Subject concerned Pedagogy OR Social Science and Subject concerned Pedagogy.
CTET Nature and Standard of Questions
To prepare for the CTET 2023 Exam, candidates should familiarize themselves with the Nature and Standard of Questions of the CTET question papers. This understanding will help them better prepare for the exam.
- The Child Development and Pedagogy section in CTET will assess the candidate’s knowledge of child psychology and effective teaching methods suitable for children between 6 to 14 years of age. Paper-I of CTET is tailored for teaching aspirants of 6-11-year-old children, while Paper-II is designed for 12-13-year-olds.
- The Language Sections aim to evaluate the language proficiency of teaching candidates regarding their ability to use and comprehend languages effectively as a means of communication and instruction.
- In CTET Paper-I, the Mathematics and Environmental Studies (EVS) sections assess the candidates’ grasp of concepts, fundamental theories, and comprehension. Similarly, in CTET Paper-II, the Mathematics/Science and Social Studies/Social Science (SST) sections evaluate the candidates’ knowledge and understanding of their respective subjects’ pedagogy and its application.
CTET Exam Date 2023
The CTET 2023 examination is set to take place in July and August 2023, as indicated in the CTET 2023 Notification. There will be two shifts for the CTET examination, with CTET Paper 1 scheduled for the morning shift and CTET Paper 2 scheduled for the evening shift. All the shifts for the CTET 2023 examination will be conducted in Computer-Based Test (CBT) mode. Candidates can find updates on the CTET 2023 examination here.
CTET Admit Card 2023
The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) will release the CTET Admit Card 2023 on its official website, which candidates can download once it is available. The admit card will not be sent to candidates via post, and they will need to log in to their registered accounts to access and download the CTET 2023 admit card in PDF format. Candidates must provide their login credentials for access, and the admit card is typically released 10 to 20 days before the exam date.
- Registration No/Roll No.
- Date of Birth/ Password.
- The CTET admit card 2023 has been available two days before the CTET 2023 Exam.
CTET Salary 2023
The CTET Salary 2023 offers attractive remuneration and additional benefits, including House Rent Allowance (HRA), Transport Allowance (TA), etc., to CTET-qualified Primary Teachers (PRT), Trained Graduate Teachers (TGTs), and Post-Graduate Teachers (PGT).
The selection process for hiring includes CTET as one of the basic criteria. Let’s examine the CTET salary structure for different teaching positions, including job profile, perks, and other allowances. The monthly salary for CTET-qualified teachers ranges from Rs. 35,000 to Rs. 50,000.
|Components||CTET PRT Salary Structure (in INR)||CTET TGT Salary Structure (INR)||CTET PGT Salary Structure (in Rs)|
|CTET PRT Pay Scale||9,300-34,800||9,300-34,800||9,300-34,800|
|Basic Pay after 7th Pay Commission||35,400||44,900||47,600|
|Gross Salary (Basic Pay+HRA+TA)||40,240||49,900||53,550|
|CTET PRT Net Salary||35,000-37,000||43,000-46,000||48,000-50,000|
CTET Exam Selection Process 2023
CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education) conducts the Central Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET) twice a year at a national level. The exam is meant for individuals who aspire to obtain a teaching position in government schools.
Candidates who score 60% or above marks in CTET (General category) will receive a marks statement and an Eligibility Certificate. The CTET selection process is straightforward, and candidates can secure good government teaching positions by achieving a high score on the exam.
- Meeting the CTET exam eligibility requirements qualifies you to apply for primary teacher, TGT, and PGT positions in central government schools, including Kendriya Vidyalaya School, DSSSB, and Navodaya Samiti Schools.
- You can also utilize your CTET qualification to apply for state-level recruitment exams.
- Additionally, clearing the CTET exam makes you an attractive candidate for reputable private schools, where there is high demand for CTET-qualified teachers.
CTET Exam Cut-Off 2023
A Marks Statement will be provided to all candidates who appear for the CTET exam. Candidates who score 60% or more (General category) will receive a Marks Statement and an Eligibility Certificate. Each year, CBSE declares the CTET Cut off Marks.
The exam comprises two papers: Paper 1 is for candidates aspiring to teach classes 1 to 5, and Paper 2 is for those who want to teach classes 6 to 8. Both papers carry 150 marks. Candidates scoring 90 marks or above will qualify for the exam.
|Category||Minimum Qualifying Percentage||Maximum Marks||Minimum Marks|
CTET Exam Centers 2023
For the CTET 2023 Exam, candidates must select four preferred exam centers during the registration process. The CBSE board will prioritize these selected centers when assigning test venues. The CTET 2023 Exam will be conducted at various centers as listed.
If the selected CTET 2023 Exam Centers are not available, the CBSE will assign a different center based on availability. The list below shows the various CTET 2023 Exam Centers.
|101||ANDAMAN AND NICOBAR ISLANDS||PORT BLAIR|
|153||JAMMU & KASHMIR||BARAMULLA|
|154||JAMMU & KASHMIR||JAMMU|
|155||JAMMU & KASHMIR||SRINAGAR|
|261||UTTAR PRADESH||LAKHIMPUR KHERI|
|266||UTTAR PRADESH||NOIDA/GREATER NOIDA|
|282||WEST BENGAL||PASCHIM MEDINIPUR|
CTET Answer Key For Papers 1 & 2
The CTET examination takes place in two shifts: the 1st shift for Paper I, which covers the primary level, and the 2nd shift for Paper II, which covers the upper primary level. In this discussion, we will focus on the CTET Primary Level (Paper I) Exam, which takes place from 9:30 am to 12:00 pm. Recently, CBSE has made available the CTET response sheet on their official website for candidates who took the CTET exam in 2023. Now, candidates are eagerly awaiting the official CTET Answer key for 2023.
CTET Result 2023
The CTET 2023 Result will be posted on the official website by CBSE. Candidates can access their results on the official website by entering their roll number. The CTET 2023 results will be published on the official website within 4 weeks. Candidates who took the CTET 2023 exam will be able to download their mark sheet and certificate by logging in with their registered mobile number on the Digi locker App.
CTET 2023 Certificate Validity
The validity period for the TET – Teachers Eligibility Test qualifying certificate has been extended from 7 years to a lifetime, with retrospective effect from 2011. There is no limit on the number of times a person can attempt to acquire a CTET Certificate. Individuals who have passed the CTET Exam may also retake the exam to improve their scores. Therefore, the CTET Certificate is now valid for a lifetime, with the validity period being extended indefinitely.
CTET Notification Key Points
Previously, the CTET examinations were conducted offline, using a pen-and-paper mode. However, the CTET 2023 exam was conducted in a computer-based format to test and improve the conceptual understanding, logical thinking, and problem-solving skills of teachers. To make candidates aware of the benefits of the online format, we have provided a list below.
One of the main reasons for conducting the CTET exam online is to eliminate the waste of paper that occurs during offline exams. CTET officials will no longer have to print exam papers and distribute them to candidates.
Online exams save time for both invigilators and candidates. Invigilators only need to monitor the peaceful completion of the online exam, and candidates only need to select the correct answer instead of marking an OMR sheet. Online exams can be set up to automatically grade themselves from the start of the exam to submission time, providing a significant advantage for both candidates and invigilators.
Online exams also save money previously spent on printing OMR sheets for different shifts during offline exams, benefitting both CTET officials and candidates.
Moreover, online exams are more secure than offline-based exams since they can prevent candidates from copying answers from each other, allowing invigilators to focus on other tasks.
- India Set to Host the 46th PATA Travel Mart 2023
- International Day of Older Persons 2023, Date, Theme, and Impact
- NOC Full Form, All You Need to Know About NOC
- CS Full Form, All You Need to Know About CS
- IBPS PO Prelims Exam Analysis 2023, 30th September, All Shifts
DOWNLOAD THE OLIVEBOARD APP FOR ON-THE-GO EXAM PREPARATION
- Video Lessons, Textual Lessons & Notes
- Topic Tests covering all topics with detailed solutions
- Sectional Tests for QA, DI, EL, LR
- All India Mock Tests for performance analysis and all India percentile
- General Knowledge (GK) Tests
Free videos, free mock tests, and free GK tests to evaluate course content before signing up!
CTET Notification 2023 – Frequently Asked Questions
Ans. There is no limit for number of attempts a candidate can take.
Ans. Yes, the CTET Application form for 2023 is released on 27th April 2023.
Ans. There will be no negative marking for CTET exam.
|IRDAI Assistant Manager Notification Out||RBI Grade B 2023 Notification Out|
|BARC Selection Process 2023||BARC Salary 2023|
|BARC Syllabus and Exam Pattern 2023||BARC Recruitment 2023|
Sindhuja is a passionate content writer with a strong background in preparing for various state exams and defence examinations. Drawing on her own experiences as an aspirant, she brings valuable insights and expertise to her writing. With a keen understanding of exam patterns, syllabus, and effective study techniques, Sindhuja creates engaging and informative content to assist fellow aspirants in their preparation journey. Her dedication to accuracy and clarity ensures that candidates find convenience and reliability in her work. As a content writer, she aspires to empower others with the knowledge and guidance needed to excel in their respective exams and achieve their dreams.