SC GD Constable Recruitment 2022- SSC GD Constable Exam is being conducted by the Staff Selection Commission of India to recruit candidates for the General Duty post of Constables (GD) in BSF, CISF, ITBP, CRPF and Rifleman in AR. SSC GD Constable Notification 2022 has been released by the Commission on 27th October 2022. A total of 24369 posts of constables for both males and females has been announced this year. Check the detailed article below for more information.
SSC GD Constable Exam 2022
SSC GD Constable Exam is a nationwide exam conducted to recruit candidates for the posts of General Duty (GD) and Riffle man (General Duty) in the following Central Armed Forces-
- Bоrder Seсurity Fоrсe (BSF)
- Сentrаl Reserve Роliсe Fоrсe (СRРF)
- Sаshаstrа Seemа Bаl (SSB)
- Seсretаriаt Seсurity Fоrсe (SSF)
- Сentrаl Industriаl Seсurity Fоrсe (СISF)
- Indо Tibetаn Bоrder Роliсe (ITBР)
- Nаtiоnаl Investigаtiоn Аgenсy (NIА)
SSC GD Constable Notification 2022
The official notification for SSC GD Constable 2022 has been released on the official website of SSC on 27th October 2022. A total of 24369 vacancies have been announced. Out of 24369 vacancies, 21597 vacancies for Male Constables and 2626 vacancies for Female Constables are announced. Check the notification below for more details.
Download SSC GD Constable Recruitment Notification Here
SSC GD Constable Exam Overview
|Recruiting Body ||The Staff Selection Commission|
|Name of the post ||Constable General Duty|
|Pay Scale||Pay Level 3 (Rs 21,700 to Rs 69,100)|
|Notification Release Date ||27th October 2022|
|No of vacancies|| 24369|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Application Process starting date||27-10-2022|
|Application Process ending date||30-11-2022 (23:00)|
|Educational Qualification||Matriculation or 10th Standard Pass|
|SSC GD Constable Exam Date||January 2023|
|SSC GD Constable Exam Centre||Multiple Centres all over India|
|Age limit||18-23 years|
|Location of Work||Various States/UTs|
SSC GD Constable Memory Based Test Series
The Staff Selection Commission is conducting the SSC GD Constable exam across the country. The exam has started on 16 November and will continue till 15th December 2021. To help you get acquainted with the pattern, kind of questions being asked & their difficulty level, we have come up with Memory Based Online Test Series. These Tests will help you face the exam with the interface.
ATTEMPT SSC GD CONSTABLE MEMORY BASED TEST HERE
SSC GD Constable Exam Mock Test
Get the Latest pattern SSC GD Constable online mock tests for the preparation of the SSC GD Constable Online Exam. The SSC GD Constable mock tests include practice questions of varying difficulty levels to help you clear the SSC GD Constable exam with great success.
The SSC GD Constable 2022 mock test series have the following features:
- 10 Mocks Tests each for Hindi & English section.
- All Mock Tests for SSC GD Constable Exam will be as per the latest pattern with detailed solutions
- The mock tests are created by exam toppers and experts.
- Analyze your performance with the help of AI-Based Analysis. Get an all-India ranking.
- The tests will help you focus & improve on your weak areas.
Meanwhile, aspirants can check out the previous year exam dates and vacancies below.
SSC GD Constable Exam: Important Exam Dates
SC GD Constable Notification 2022 has been released on 27th October 2022 along with all important dates. The online registration window has been activated from 27th October 2022 onwards and will remain active till 30th November 2022 (11 pm). Let's have a look at the important dates for SSC GD 2022 exam from the below table.
|SSC GD Apply Online 2022 Starts||27th October 2022|
|Last Date to fill Application Form||30th November 2022|
|Last Date for making payment||1st December 2022|
|Last Date for Generation of Offline Challan||30th November 2022|
|Last Date for Payment through Challan||1st December 2022|
|SSC GD Exam Date 2022||January 2023|
SSC GD Constable 2022 Vacancy
The total number of vacancies for the SSC GD Constable 2022 exam has been released along with its notification. SSC has announced 24369 vacancies for the post of constables, in which 21579 posts are available for male candidates and for 2626 female candidates. Let's have a look at the SSC GD Vacancies:
|Vacancies for Male Candidates||21579 |
|Vacancies for Female Candidates||2626|
|Vacancies for NCB Force||164|
SSC GD Constable Vacancy for Male Candidates
A total of 21579 vacancies have been notified for General Duty Male Constable. Below is the detailed category-wise vacancy distribution for SSC GD Male Constable.
|Force||SSC GD Constable Male Vacancies||Total|
SSC GD Constable Vacancy for Female Candidates
Out of a total of 24369 vacancies, 2626 have been announced for General Duty Female Constable. Below is the detailed category-wise vacancy distribution for SSC GD Female Constable.
|Force||SSC GD Constable Female Vacancies||Total|
|Force||SSC GD Constable Vacancies||Total|
SSC GD Constable Application Form 2022
The online application process for SSC GD 2022 exam started on 27th October 2022 and the last date to apply online for SSC GD constables recruitment 2022 is 30th November 2022.
Click Here to apply online for SSC GD Constable 2022
How to apply for SSC GD Constable Exam?
The interested candidates willing to give exams can apply for the SSC GD Constable Exam online on the official website – https://ssc.nic.in.
The candidates need to follow series of steps for smooth filing of the application form listed below:
Step 1: Go to the official website ssc.nic.in
Step 2: Click on the ‘Apply' tab on the upper side of the page.
Step 3: Select the ‘GD Constable' tab and click ‘Apply'
Note : Only an online mode of application is accepted for the exam.
SSC GD Constable Application Fees
The application fee details for the SSC GD Constable Exam are
|Category of Candidates||Application Fees|
|General (Male)||Rs. 100/|
|Scheduled Cast/ Scheduled Tribe||Exempted|
SSC GD Constable Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who wish to appear for the exam must fulfil the eligibility criteria as follows:
Minimum Education Qualifications
Candidates willing to appear for the SSC GD Constable Exam must have passed Class 10th or any other equivalent exam. Those who have not cleared Class X remain ineligible for this exam. Candidates appearing for their Class X exam are also not eligible for the SSC GD Constable Exam.
Applying candidates must be of Indian Nationality.
SSC GD Age Limit (As on 01-01-2023)
Candidate is required to be between 18 to 23 years in order to be eligible for SSC GD 2022 Exam. The crucial date of age-limit will be calculated with reference to 01-01-2023. Candidates should not have been born earlier than 02-01-2000 and later than 01-01-2005. Age relaxation is given to candidates belonging to reserved categories as per the government rules.
SSC GD 2022 Upper Age Relaxation
|Ex-Servicemen (GEN)||26 years|
|Ex-Servicemen (OBC)||29 years|
|Ex-Servicemen (SC/ST)||31 years|
|Children and dependent of victims KILLED in the 1984 riots OR communal riots of 2002 in Gujarat (GEN)||28 years|
|Children and dependent of victims KILLED in the 1984 riots OR communal riots of 2002 in Gujarat (OBC)||31 years|
|Children and dependent of victims KILLED in the 1984 riots OR communal riots of 2002 in Gujarat (SC/ST)||33 years|
- Children and dependent of victims killed in the 1984 riots or communal riots of 2002 in Gujarat (SC/ ST)- This category gets an age relaxation of 10 years.
SSC GD Selection Process
The SSC GD selection procedure begins with the publication of the SSC GD announcement. The official SSC GD Notice contains the most up-to-date information on the number of positions, exam dates, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, syllabus, and other details. Candidates must read the SSC GD Constable announcement to comprehend all of the eligibility requirements fully.
Step 1: SSC GD 2022 Application
Interested eligible candidates shall apply for the exam online on the official website.
Step 2: SSC GD Admit Card
The exam admit card is released at least a week before the exam. Candidates can download their admit card from the official website after login with their credentials.
Step 3: SSC GD Exam
All candidates who have applied for the exam are called to appear for the computer-based examination of 100 marks. The duration of the exam is of 90 minutes. The candidates need to understand the demand of the exam and accordingly prepare themselves to score maximum marks.
Step 4: SSC GD PET/PST
Candidates are shortlisted for physical tests such as PET and PST based on their performance on the CBE. The tests are held at various locations determined by the recruitment organization, such as CAPFs.
Step 5: SSC GD Medical Exam
Candidates who pass the PET/PST exam must subsequently take the DME and RME (if applicable) exams, which CAPFs administer.
Step 6: Final Result
The Staff Selection Commission publishes the final SSC GD result on its official website. The commission's ultimate result is based on the candidates' performance in the CBE. PET, PST, DME, and RME are all qualifying terms.
Take a Free Mock Test Here
SSC GD Constable Exam Syllabus and Pattern
The SSC GD Constable Exam begins with a Computer Based Exam, held online at the approved exam centre. Candidates must achieve the highest possible score because the SSC will use the marks obtained at this level to determine the SSC GD Result. In 60 minutes, the candidates must answer 80 questions.
|Subject||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Exam Duration|
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||20||40|
60 minutes (1 hour)
|General Knowledge & General Awareness||20||40|
The four sections tested in computer-based objective exam includes topic as
- Part A: General Intelligence and Reasoning- It includes primarily fundamental themes like arithmetical reasoning, problem-solving, number series, analogies, coding-decoding, and picture classification, among others.
- Part B – General Knowledge and General Awareness- Scientific research, geography, general politics, culture, history, and other themes are covered in this area. Candidates can review a variety of static GK topics to help them prepare. The test will also feature questions about India and its neighbours, such as sports, history, culture, geography, economics, general politics, the Indian Constitution, and scientific research, among other topics. These questions will be designed in such a way that no special knowledge of any discipline is required.
- Part C – Elementary Mathematics- Averages, decimals and fractions, measurement, ratio and proportion, computation of the whole numbers, decimals and fractions, percentage, interest, time and distance, and other topics are covered.
- Part D- English/Hindi- This covers specific language topics and assesses the students' grammar and comprehension abilities.
The SSC GD Constable Exam is computer-based, and there is no negative marking for a wrong answer. For every right response, the candidates are awarded 2 mark.
The exam pattern is divided into four stages:
- Computer-Based Examination- This is an online computer-based objective examination of 100 marks based on the four sections discussed above.
- Physical Efficiency Test- This exam evaluates a candidate's physical fitness based on height characteristics, and they must complete a PET (race) followed by a biometric/technology-aided identification test.
- Physical Standard test- This test assesses the candidates' physical abilities based on three factors: height, chest size, and weight.
- Detailed Medical Examination- Shortlisted applicants who pass the PET and PST must undergo a thorough medical examination and are medically assessed by the CAPFs' Medical Boards to determine their physical and medical fitness.
SSC GD Constable 2022 Syllabus
To prepare effectively for SSC GD Constable 2022 Exam, a candidate must know the entire syllabus of the SSC GD 2022 Exam as planning a strategy with updated syllabus is more fruitful rather than just cramming things in an undefined manner. For your ease, we have provdided the detailed SSC GD Syllabus 2022:
|English/Hindi||General Awareness||Elementary Mathematics||General Intelligence and Reasoning|
|Scientific Inventions Sports,|
Awards and Honors,
Ratio and Proportions,
Profit and Loss,
Time and Distance,
Time and Work,
Fundamental Arithematic Operations
Similarities and Differences,
Recent Studies and Theories
SSC GD Constable Admit Card
SSC GD Constable admit card will be issued on the official website at least one week before the examination. After issuing the admits cards, the eligible candidates can download the same after entering the relevant credentials such as registration number and Date of Birth. Applicants must retain a copy of the admit card and carry the same to the exam hall.
SSC GD Constable Answer Key
The examination body generally releases the answer keys after the exams on the official website. This way, you can check your answers and calculate your overall score based on guidelines. The SSC will announce the date of declaring the answer key on the official site.
SSC GD Constable Cut Off
The SSC GD Constable Exam cut-off varies and is announced after the exam. Candidates scoring above the cut-off are qualified for the next level of the selection stage.
Few factors are taken into consideration while announcing the cut-off. These are
- The difficulty level of the exam
- Number of vacancies available
- The number of candidates who appeared for the exam
The Staff selection commission announced different cut off for males and female candidates. Earlier in 2018, the cut-off was announced state and category-wise for male and female candidates on the result date.
Preparation tips for the SSC GD Constable Exam
SSC GD Constable Exam 2020-21 is one of the most awaited tests for aspirants who want to work for the Indian government in various companies, ministries, and departments.
SSC GD Preparation online is crucial because there are many concepts across major disciplines tested, such as General Intelligence and Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude, General Knowledge, and English language.
Candidates who are planning to take the SSC GD Constable Exam should review the following easy yet efficient exam preparation tips:
- Before beginning the preparation, it is important to have a comprehensive understanding of the syllabus and test format.
- Prepare a study schedule and gather the best study materials for the SSC GD Constable Exam. A well-organized study schedule will ensure that equal time is spent on each topic's preparation.
- Examine past year's question papers to get a sense of the types of questions asked in the exam. It will also assist in determining the exam's standard and difficulty level.
- Solving free online practice tests would be beneficial in the same way. Aspirants who consistently practice mock exams will tackle more questions in the exam with greater confidence.
- If you're not sure you'll be able to prepare for the SSC GD Constable Exam on your own, get assistance from coaching centres, internet portals, and other sources.