Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC) is a government organisation that conducts exams to hire qualified individuals for different government posts. TNPSC Group 1 Posts grouped the positions into four major groups. Assistant Commissioner, Deputy Collector, Deputy Superintendent of Police, and other positions are covered by the Combined Civil Services Exam-1, often known as the TNPSC Group 1 exam. Before filling out the TNPSC Group 1 application, aspirants should have all of the relevant papers and be aware of the eligibility requirements, several jobs, and selection procedures. Aspirants for the above-mentioned positions can apply for TNPSC Group 1 online. TNPSC Group 1 Exam is held every two years by Tamil Nadu Public Services Commission (TNPSC). This page provides an overview of the TNPSC Group 1 Salary and Job Profile. This is the most prestigious test in Tamil Nadu, and a large number of students take it. The TNPSC Group 1 selection procedure is divided into three sections.
- Prelims Exams
- Mains Exam
- Interview or Oral Test.
To achieve a renowned career, all students must go through all three levels. We have included TNPSC Group 1 postings pay data below so that students may make a goal to attain this job. This test is regarded as the Top-level Exam by the TNPSC since it will be selecting Officers who will be accountable for all management operations in the District. As a result, the Group 1 Examination is regarded among the high-level Exams and the most sought-after employment among job seekers. The rationale for an applicant enrolling as a Group 1 officer is that they would eventually be upgraded as IAS, IPS officers in the state depending on their performance over a specified period.
List Of TNPSC Group 1 Posts
TNPSC Group 1 Posts are divided into two types: technical positions and non-technical positions. Among the several positions included in the Group 1 Posts are:
- Assistant Audit Officer (State Audit Service)
- Assistant Commissioner of Labour (Labour Service)
- Assistant Excise Superintendent (Excise Service)
- Assistant Treasury Officer / Assistant Accounts Officer (Treasuries & Accounts Service)
- Commercial Tax Officer (Commercial Tax Services)
- Deputy Collector [Civil Services, (Executive Branch)]
- Deputy Registrar of Co-operative Societies (Co-operative Service)
- Deputy Superintendent of Jails (Men) (Jails Service)
- Deputy Superintendent of Police – Category. II (Police Service)
- District Backward Classes Welfare Officers including Assistant Director (Backward Classes Welfare Service)
- District Employment Officer (Employment Service)
- District Panchayat Officer (Panchayat Services)
- District Registrars (Registration Services)
- District Social Welfare Officer (Social Welfare Service)
- District Tribal Welfare Officer (Tribal Welfare Service)
- Divisional Fire Officer (Fire Service)
- Lay Secretary & Treasurer Grade II (Medical & Health Services)
- Mandal Parishad Development Officer (Panchayat Raj & Rural Development Service)
- Municipal Commissioner – Grade-II (Municipal Administrative Service)
- Regional Transport Officer (Transport Service)
- Conservator of Forests
- Director of Legal Metrology
- Industrial Promotion Officer
- Motor Vehicle Inspector
TNPSC Group 1 Posts Details
Pay Scale: Level 22 Rs.56100- 177500 (Revised Scale)
|Name of the Post and Post Code||Name of the Service|
|Deputy Collector (Post Code: 1001)||Tamil Nadu Civil Service|
|Deputy Superintendent of Police (Category-I) (Post Code: 1002)||Tamil Nadu Police Service|
|Assistant Commissioner (C.T.) (Post Code: 1003)||Tamil Nadu Commercial Taxes Service|
|Deputy Registrar of Co-operative Societies (Post Code: 1004)||Tamil Nadu Co-operative Service|
|Assistant Director of Rural Development (Post Code: 1006)||Tamil Nadu Panchayat Development Service|
|District Officer (Fire and Rescue Services) (Post Code: 1008)||Tamil Nadu Fire and Rescue Services|
TNPSC Group 1 Posts: Knowledge Of Tamil
On the date of this announcement, candidates should be fluent in Tamil.
TNPSC Group 1 Posts: Educational Qualification
|Group 1 Posts||Preferential Qualification|
|Deputy Superintendent of Police||Preference shall be given to candidates who possess National awards for Physical efficiency.|
|Assistant Commissioner (Commercial Taxes)||1st preference- A degree both in Commerce and Law together with a Diploma in Taxation laws.2nd preference- A degree both in Commerce and Law3rd preference- A degree either in Commerce or Law together with a Diploma in Taxation laws.4th preference- A degree either in Commerce or Law.|
|District Employment Officer||Graduates in Economics / Education / Sociology / Statistics or Psychology |
OR Post Graduate Diploma in Social Science and Experience in Industrial or Personal Management or Labour Welfare.
|Assistant Director of Rural Development Department||Post Graduate Degree in Rural Service of the Gandhigram Rural Institute, Madurai District. |
Post Graduate Degree or Diploma in Extension. Post Graduate Degree or Diploma in Sociology.
Candidates who wish to be enrolled on the main written examination must upload and provide proof supporting all claims, along with any preferred qualifications claimed, as requested.
TNPSC Group 1 Posts: Age Limit
|Name of the Posts||Minimum Age Limit||Maximum Age Limit for SC, ST, BC, BCM & DW Category||Maximum Age Limit for Other than SC, ST, BC, BCM & DW Category|
|For all the posts except thepost of AssistantCommissioner (C.T)||21 years||37 years||32 years|
|For Assistant Commissioner (C.T.) Posts – Applicants possessing any degree||21 years||37 years||32 years|
|For Assistant Commissioner (C.T.) Posts – Applicants possessing a B.L. degree of any University||38 years||33 years|
The TNPSC Group 1 examination is one of the most well-known among people desiring to work for the Tamil Nadu government. With a significant number of applicants taking this exam each year, applicants should plan ahead of time. Consider and learn about the various TNPSC Group 1 Posts. You should use materials accessible on websites such as Oliveyard to better prepare. Download your admission card on time, gather all relevant materials, and diligently study for the exam.
Applications are welcomed online by releasing an announcement stating the title of the role, the number of openings, and the qualifications required. Every notice includes instructions for filing an online application.
In all Committee notices, the age is calculated as of July 1st of the year in which the vacancy is announced. The qualifying date for educational qualifications is the date of the notice.
The Annual Recruitment Planner, which indicates the likely date of notification and the exam, is published each year and is available on the Commission’s site.
- TNPSC Group 1 Posts, Complete Details
- TNPSC Current Affairs 2022 | Prepare with Oliveboard
- TNPSC Group -2 Study Plan in Tamil- 2 Month Study Plan
- Chera Dynasty | Prepare with Oliveboard
- Highest Mountain Peaks in Tamil Nadu | Prepare with Oliveboard
Oliveboard is a learning & practice platform for premier entrance exams. We have helped over 1 crore users since 2012 with their Bank, SSC, Railways, Insurance, Teaching and other competitive Exams preparation.