We are here with the daily updates in the Top 5 Sports News 23 October 2019 covering all the sports events important from examination point of view. Daily Sports news is an attempt to familiarise students with daily happenings of the world. This can be very helpful when it comes to preparing for different bank and government exams like IBPS Clerk, IBPS PO, SSC CPO, RBI Grade B. Here are Top 5 Sports News which will eventually help you in acing the exam. For more advanced exam practice, live sessions, and live practice sessions, join Oliveboard Edge.
Top 5 Sports News 23 October 2019
ITF(International Tennis Federation) Women Tournament
- India’s Riya Bhatia wins ITF Title in Nigeria.
- She defeated Slovenian player Nastja Kolar of Slovenia by 7-5, 1-6, 1-3.
- This was the 3rd singles title in the professional circuit.
- Canadian Tennis Player Denis Shapovalov won his first ATP Tour title.
- Denis Shapovalov defeated Serbian Filip Krajinovic by 6-4, 6-4.
PV Sindhu in the second round of French Open
- Indian Badminton player PV Sindhu advanced to the second round of the ongoing French Open after defeating Canada’s Michelle Li in the first round.
- She defeated Michelle Li in straight games 21-15, 21-13.
- Subhankar Dey rallied defeated Tommy Sugiarto by 15-21 21-14 21-17.
BWF(Badminton World Federation) Rankings
- Indian player Saina Nehwal slipped to world no. 9 in the BWF Rankings.
- Real Madrid defeated Luka Modric on Tuesday.
- It was Real Madrid’s first win of this season’s Champions League.
This was all in today’s Blog for Top 5 Sports News 23 October 2019. Stay tuned with Oliveboard to know the latest news on sports.
- 100+ Free Mock Tests
- Oliveboard Mobile App
- Oliveboard’s discuss forum
- Oliveboard Telegram Group
- Download BOLT – FREE monthly general awareness Ebook