West Bengal Police Recruitment Board has released the notification to recruit candidates for the vacant post of Lady Constable. The online application procedure will start on the 23rd of April 2023 on the official website of the WBPRB. Candidates will be able to apply online till 23rd May 2023. In this blog, we will give you all the details regarding the West Bengal Police Recruitment 2023.
Download the Notification
We have mentioned below the direct link to download the notification of WBPRB. Candidates can check the details of every aspect of the West Bengal Police Recruitment in the notification.
West Bengal Police Recruitment 2023- Overview
We have provided below the overview details of the recruitment to give a better understanding of the examination.
|Exam Conducting Body||West Bengal Police Recruitment Board|
|Online Registration||23rd April 2023 – 22nd May 2023|
|Salary||Rs. 22,700 – Rs. 58,500|
|Selection Process||Preliminary Written Test|
Physical Measurement Test (PMT)
Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
Final Written Examination
West Bengal Police Recruitment- Apply Online
The application procedure for the West Bengal Police Recruitment will be completed online mode. The application procedure will start on 23rd April 2023 and will be closed on 22nd May 2023. Candidates who are interested in recruitment must be aware of the application procedure. We have mentioned below the detailed application procedure for the candidates.
- Visit the official website of the WBPRB.
- Search for the “New Notification” or “Notices” tab on the home page.
- Go to the notification section and click on the “Recruitment of Lady Constables 2023” link.
- Register yourself on the website and access the application form with your login credentials.
- Fill in the important details and upload the required documents in the application form.
- Make the payment of application fees and submit the form.
While applying online, candidates need to make the payment of registration fees to submit their application forms. We have mentioned below the category-wise application fees for the candidates.
|Categories||Application Fees||Processing Fees||Total Fees|
|All Categories (Except SC/ST of West Bengal)||Rs.150||Rs. 20||Rs. 170|
|SC (West Bengal Only)||–||Rs. 20||Rs. 20|
|ST (West Bengal Only)||–||Rs. 20||Rs. 20|
West Bengal Police Recruitment- Eligibility Criteria
Before applying online, candidates need to fulfill all the eligibility criteria in order to be eligible for recruitment. We have mentioned below the detailed eligibility criteria for the candidates.
- Minimum Age Limit: 18 years
- Maximum Age Limit: 30 years
The age relaxation in the upper age limit will be given to the reserved category candidates of West Bengal only.
The applicant must have passed the Madhyamik Examination from the West Bengal Board of Secondary Education or its equivalent.
- The applicant must be able to speak, read and write the Bengali language. However, this provision will not be applicable to persons who are permanent residents of the hill sub-divisions of Darjeeling and Kalimpong Districts.
- For the applicant of hill sub-divisions of Darjeeling and Kalimpong Districts, the provisions laid down in the West Bengal Official Language Act, 1961 will be applicable.
|Post||Categories||Height (Barefoot in cm)||Weight (in kg)|
|Lady Constable in West Bengal Police||Candidates of All Categories (Except Gorkhas, Garhwalis, Rajbanshis, and Scheduled Tribes)||160||49|
|Lady Constable in West Bengal Police||Gorkhas, Garhwalis, Rajbanshis, and Scheduled Tribes||152||45|
West Bengal Police Recruitment- Selection Process
West Bengal Police will recruit the candidates on the basis of five phases of the examination. We have mentioned below all the phases of recruitment.
- Preliminary Written Test
- Physical Measurement Test (PMT)
- Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
- Final Written Examination
West Bengal Police Exam Pattern
We have mentioned below the detailed exam pattern for all the phases of the selection process of the West Bengal Police Recruitment.
There would be 100 objective-type questions having multiple choice (four choices) of answers carrying 01 mark each. The duration of this test will be 1 hour. The question paper will be set in two languages (Bengali & Nepali). Questions of the Preliminary Written Test shall be from the following subjects:-
- General Awareness and General Knowledge: 40 Marks
- Elementary Mathematics (Madhyamik standard): 30 Marks
- Reasoning: 30 Marks
There will be a negative marking of 1/4th mark for each wrong answer marked by the candidates.
Physical Standard Test
Candidates who will qualify for the preliminary examination will appear in the physical standard test. In this, candidates who fulfill the physical requirements will be shortlisted for the next phase.
Physical Efficiency Test
Candidates will be required to run 800 meters in 4 minutes and 30 seconds
Final Written Examination
The Final Written Examination will have 85 Objective Type Questions (MCQs) of 85 marks. The duration of the examination will be 1 hour. The question paper will be set in two languages (Bengali & Nepali) except questions in the English language. Question of the Final Written Examination shall be from the following subjects:-
- General Awareness and General Knowledge – 25 Marks
- English – 10 Marks
- Elementary Mathematics (Madhyamik standard) – 25 Marks
- Reasoning and Logical Analysis – 25 Marks
There will be a negative marking of the 1/4th mark for each wrong answer.
The candidate’s ability to speak, read and write in Bengali/ Nepali (for the permanent residents of Hill Subdivisions of Darjeeling and Kalimpong Districts) will also be tested in her Interview. The Interview will be conducted for the 15 marks.
West Bengal Police Syllabus
Candidates must have a clear idea regarding the syllabus in order to create an effective preparation strategy. We have mentioned below the detailed syllabus to give a better understanding to the candidates.
General Awareness and General Knowledge
- Ancient History
- Indian Freedom Struggle
- Indian Physical Geography
- Indian Polity
- Sports news
- Socio-Economic Scenarios of India
- Historical places and Monuments
- Current Events of National Importance & International Events
- People and Places in News
- Science, Innovation, and Technologies
- Translation from Urdu/Nepali/Bengali to English
- Correct Usage of English Grammar and Vocabulary.
- Prose/Precis summary condensation
Elementary Mathematics (Madhyamik Standard):
- Profit and loss
- Time and Distance
- Time and speed
- Time and Work
- Mirror Images
- Seating arrangement
- Alphanumeric, and numeric series
The Final Merit list will be released on the basis of marks obtained by the candidates in the Final Written examination and the interview.
We hope this blog gave you a brief description of the West Bengal Police Recruitment 2023. To read more such blogs, visit the Oliveboard website!
- 2 December Current Affairs 2023 in English
- National Pollution Control Day 2023, Theme, History, Objectives
- World Computer Literacy Day 2023, History, Theme & Significance
- International Day for the Abolition of Slavery 2023, Theme & History
- APAAR One Nation One ID Card, Complete Information
|ASRB Recruitment 2023||Balmer Lawrie Recruitment 2023|
|UPSC Recruitment 2023||Ordnance Factory Chanda Recruitment|
West Bengal Police Recruitment 2023: Frequently Asked Questions
Ans. The online application procedure will start on 23rd April 2023.
Ans. Candidates can apply online from the official website of the WBPRB.
Hey everyone, I’m Vaishnavi Kumari, an edtech writer and a dedicated aspirant for government exams, including banking and SSC exams. Having worked with several edtech platforms, I am committed to providing you with essential and accurate information to ace these exams. With my experience as both a writer and an aspirant, I understand your needs and challenges, and my aim is to make your preparation journey smoother. I’ll focus on specific sections of the exams, compiling comprehensive and helpful content that covers the crucial topics, tips, and strategies you need to succeed. Let’s conquer these exams together!