Agnipath Yojana is a All India merit-based recruitment scheme to the Armed Forces. This is a major defence policy reform introduced by the Government. It will usher in a new era in the Human Resource policy of the three Services. The Agnipath Yojana, which comes into immediate effect, will govern the enrolment for the three services.
All those recruited under the ‘Agnipath Yojana’ will be called ‘Agniveers’. Youth of 17 and a half years to 21 years will serve the country by joining the Armed Forces for 4 years through a transparent process. A total of 46000 soldiers would be recruited this year.
Table of Contents
Agnipath Yojana 2022 | Download Free e-book in English and Hindi
Click on the link below to download Agnipath Yojana 2022 as a Free E-book in English and Hindi
How to download the Free Agnipath Yojana 2022 PDF?
- Click on the given download links given. You will be taken to Oliveboard’s FREE Ebooks Page. Alternately, you can download the Oliveboard Android App to access these on your smartphone.
- Register/Login to the Free E-Books Page of Oliveboard (It is 100% free, You just enter your valid email id and a password to be able to download the PDF).
- Once you are logged in you’ll see the message that says “Please click here to download the Free Ebook“. Click on the message to download that particular ebook.
Agnipath Yojana | Highlights
Check important details about Agnipath Yojana below :
Benefits to the Agniveers
Agniveers will be given an attractive customised monthly package along with Risk and Hardship allowances as applicable in the three services.
On completion of the engagement period of four years, Agniveers will be paid one time ‘Seva Nidhi’ package. It shall comprise their contribution including accrued interest and matching contribution from the Government as indicated below:
|Year||Customised Package (Monthly) (in Rs)||In Hand (70%) |
|Contribution to Agniveer Corpus Fund (30%) (in Rs)||Contribution to corpus fund by GoI|
|Total contribution in Agniveer Corpus Fund after four years||Rs 5.02 Lakh||Rs 5.02 Lakh|
Other perks for Agniveers
- The ‘Seva Nidhi’ of 11.71 Lakhs will be exempt from Income Tax. There shall be no entitlement to gratuity and pensionary benefits.
- 25% of those recruited would be retained for an additional tenure of 15 years for permanent commission.
- Agniveers will be provided non-contributory Life Insurance Cover of Rs. 48 lakhs during their period of service.
- Opportunity for Agniveers to train in the best institutions and enhance their skills & qualifications
- Availability of well-disciplined and skilled youth with military ethos in civil society.
- The skills gained by each Agniveer will be recognised in a certificate to form part of his unique resume
- Adequate re-employment opportunities for those returning to society and who could emerge as role models for the youth. They would contribute immensely towards the nation building process.
Advantages to the country
- A transformative reform of recruitment policy of the Armed Forces
- A unique opportunity to the youth to serve the country and contribute to Nation Building
- Armed Forces profile to be youthful and dynamic. It is envisaged that average age profile of Indian Armed forces would come down by about 4-5 years through this scheme
- Boost national security in times of external threats, internal threats and natural disasters
- Increase employment opportunities to the youth to reflect the demography of the nation.
Terms & Conditions
- Enrolment will be undertaken through an online centralised system for all three services with specialised rallies and campus interviews from recognised technical institutes. Institutes include Industrial Training Institutes and National Skills Qualifications Framework, among others.
- Enrolment will be based on ‘All India All Class’ basis and the eligible age will be in range from 17.5 to 21 years.
- Agniveers will meet the medical eligibility conditions as applicable to respective categories/trades.
- The educational qualification for Agniveers will remain as in vogue for enrollment in various categories. (For example: For entry into General Duty (GD) soldier, the educational qualification is Class 10).
DOWNLOAD THE OLIVEBOARD APP FOR ON-THE-GO EXAM PREPARATION
- Video Lessons, Textual Lessons & Notes
- Topic Tests covering all topics with detailed solutions
- Sectional Tests for QA, DI, EL, LR
- All India Mock Tests for performance analysis and all India percentile
- General Knowledge (GK) Tests
Free videos, free mock tests, and free GK tests to evaluate course content before signing up!
- 100+ Free Mock Tests
- Oliveboard Mobile App
- Oliveboard’s discuss forum
- Oliveboard Telegram Group
- Download BOLT – Our Monthly General Awareness free e-book
Connect with us on
Agnipath Yojana 2022 – FAQs
Agnipath Yojana is applicable to the Army, Navy and the Air Force.
Recruitment for 46000 posts will be conducted under Agnipath Yojana this year.
1. ‘Seva Nidhi’ of 11.71 Lakhs which will be exempt from Income Tax to be provided after service of 4 years
2. 25% of those recruited would be retained for an additional tenure of 15 years under permanent commission
3. Life Insurance Cover of Rs. 48 lakhs during service
4. Certificate of service to help in re-employment in civilian jobs
1. Increase employment opportunities to the youth
2. Reduce age profile of Indian Armed forces to keep it young and dynamic
3. Boost national security in times of threats and natural disasters
1. Agniveers will meet the medical eligibility conditions laid down for enrolment in the armed forces as applicable to respective categories/trades.
2. The educational qualification for Agniveers will remain as in vogue for enrollment in various categories. (For example: For entry into General Duty (GD) soldier, the educational qualification is Class 10)
Age limit to get recruitment under Agnipath Yojana is 17.5-21 years.