BPSC has announced 138 vacancies for the year 2021 for the AAO post. It is always beneficial to know the BPSC AAO Job Profile beforehand to understand what is expected out of the candidates to perform when they get selected. On the other hand, it is also vital to value the work with the BPSC AAO Salary received in return. This would help in analyzing and assessing if the candidate should take up the job or reject it. For the year 2021 BPSC Assistant Audit officer recruitment the credentials announced are as follows:
- The salary for the candidates qualifying in all rounds successfully would range from INR 44900 to INR 142400 as per the 7th pay commission.
- The job profile would be assigning work to the team and also guidance, assessing and reviewing financials and other datasheets and documents.
Table of Contents
BPSC AAO Salary: Annual Package
The candidates selected for the BPSC AAO post are designated under the purview of the 7th Pay Commission as specified by the Indian Government. Therefore the salary paid to such candidates would be as specified in Level 7th of the Commission. The salary for BPSC AAO would start from INR 44,900 in addition to other allowances such as Dearness Allowance, House Rent allowance, travelling allowance, and others as applicable. In addition to this, the candidates are also expected to receive a grade pay of INR 4600. Thus, the total annual package would turn to INR 5,38,000 for the candidate.
BPSC AAO Salary Structure
In the recruitment notification of the BPSC, the salary is not yet notified, but it is announced that it would be as per the 7th Pay Commission as notified by the Government of India. This salary ranges between INR 44900 to INR 142400 per month along with certainly applicable allowances as applicable. Thus, the structure of BPSC AAO salary would be as follows:
- Basic Pay
- Grade Pay
- Dearness Allowance
- House Rent Allowance
- Travelling Allowance
The in-hand salary to such candidates would be after deductions such as provident fund, tax deducted at source, profession tax as applicable.
BPSC AAO Job Profile
Every candidate as an Audit Assistant officer is allocated with certain responsibilities and job profiles. The BPSC AAO job profile includes assigning work to the team and guiding them to perform meticulously. It also includes assessing and reviewing the accounting system, various documents, datasheets, and financials. Some of the major responsibilities a BPSC AAO candidate should perform are mentioned below:
- To maintain the accounts and financial records meticulously.
- Assisting the higher departmental authorities to prepare and maintain the accounts.
- Report the management from time to time to keep them updated with the accounting changes.
- Assign the team and other officials the day-to-day work and guiding them to perform the same.
- Assess and review the various changes in the accounting system.
- Assessing and implementing the amendments by the Government in various laws as applicable.
- Study and record the financial statements, balance sheets, and datasheets.
Perks And Additional Benefits
BPSC AAO Job Profile is one of the most prestigious government jobs. If the candidates successfully pass out all the rounds and achieve marks more than cut off as required in the selection process are also awarded various benefits and perks. The benefits granted to such candidates are mentioned below:
- Increments and incentives
- Medical insurance and care
- PDB and TDB
- Benefits of pension
- Travel Concession
- Compensation for unemployment
DOWNLOAD THE OLIVEBOARD APP FOR ON-THE-GO EXAM PREPARATION
- Video Lessons, Textual Lessons & Notes
- Topic Tests covering all topics with detailed solutions
- Sectional Tests for QA, DI, EL, LR
- All India Mock Tests for performance analysis and all India percentile
- General Knowledge (GK) Tests
Free videos, free mock tests, and free GK tests to evaluate course content before signing up!
The Probation Period For The BPSC AAO Job Profile
Every candidate who is selected for the BPSC AAO job profile has to undergo pre-confirmation training of around 9 months. The entire probation period for such candidates is for two years. In this period of probation, the candidate has to undergo training as required by every department. The candidate also has to pass every departmental examination that is conducted.
The 9 months of pre-confirmation training is segregated into theoretical training for 3 months and practical training for 6 months. This training period may also get extended if the candidate’s performance is not satisfactory. But if the candidate does not provide a satisfactory performance even in the extended training period, then he or she gets removed from the job.
Promotion And Career Growth
After the selected candidate acquires ample experience in his job and performs well, he gets eligible for the promotion. The career growth of every candidate also depends upon the performance in the probation period. To get the job confirmed and also getting eligible for promotion to Senior Auditor, the candidate has to qualify for the departmental examinations. The prerequisite for promotion for every candidate is 10 years of service and qualifying departmental examinations.
Frequently asked Questions
The initial BPSC AAO Salary is normally in the range between INR 44900 to INR 142400 pm.
The Bihar Audit Services Rules have specified a probation period of two years for the candidates selected for the BPSC AAO post. This period also includes the field training and theoretical training period.
The prerequisites for getting promoted from the BPSC AAO post are:
Qualifying the departmental exams with the required cut-off marks.
Satisfactorily serving the minimum qualifying period in the organization.
The BPSC AAO receives various allowances such as dearness allowance, travelling allowance, HRA, regular incentives, and bonus apart from the basic salary that is fixed for the post.
The BPSC AAO post-training period is for 9 months which is segregated as 3 months of theoretical training and 6 months of practical training.
- BPSC AAO Application Form- Overview, Application Form and Fee
- BPSC AAO Answer Key- Overview, Process, Calculation
- BPSC AAO Eligibility- Key Details, Eligibility, and Takeaways
- BPSC AAO Result- Details, Merit List, and Cut Off Marks
- BPSC AAO Exam Date- Overview, Exam Date And Other Important Dates
Oliveboard is a learning & practice platform for premier entrance exams. We have helped over 1 crore users since 2012 with their Bank, SSC, Railways, Insurance, Teaching and other competitive Exams preparation.
Oliveboard Live Courses & Mock Test Series