The Bihar Public Service Commission has issued a recruitment notice for the position of Lower Division Clerk. Under this BPSC LDC Recruitment 2021, a total of 24 vacancies have been announced. Interested candidates can apply by filling out an online application on the BPSC’s website.
- Candidates will be chosen based on their performance in the prelims, mains, and computer typing tests. This will be an open book exam for the preliminary exam.
- This BPSC Lower Division Clerk recruitment is a fantastic government job opportunity for 12th pass candidates.
Table of Contents
- BPSC LDC Exam: Overview
- BPSC LDC Exam: Important Dates
- BPSC LDC Vacancy
- Eligibility Criteria
- BPSC LDC Online Application Process
- Application Fees
- BPSC LDC Syllabus
- BPSC Admit Card
- How To Download The Admit Card?
- BPSC LDC Cut Off
- How To Calculate BPSC LDC Exam Marks?
- Factors Affecting The BPSC LDC Cut Off Marks
- How To Check BPSC LDC Cut off Marks?
- Minimum Qualifying Marks
- BPSC LDC Result
- BPSC LDC Preparation Tips
- Important Documents To Be Carried Along BPSC LDC Call Letter
- BPSC LDC Salary Details
- FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTION
BPSC LDC Exam: Overview
|Exam Conducting Body||Bihar Public Service Commission (BPSC)|
|Exam Name||Lower Division Clerk (LDC) Prelims Exam|
BPSC LDC Exam: Important Dates
|Starting Date For Online Application||19th March 2021|
|Deadline For Online Application||16th April 2021|
|Admit Card Release||10-15 days before the exam date|
|Date of Exam||To be announced|
|Date of Result||To be announced|
BPSC LDC Vacancy
In this BPSC LDC recruitment, there are a total of 24 openings. Three-fifths of the positions will be earmarked for female Bihar candidates. The following is the vacancy distribution by category:
In terms of education and age limit, the BPSC has specified the eligibility criteria for the LDC post:
To apply for the Lower Division Clerk positions, candidates must have passed the Class 12th (Intermediate) exam and know computer typing.
As of 1st August 2021, the candidate must be at least 18 years old, i.e., the minimum age requirement is 18 years old.
The maximum age limit will be determined by the category and is listed in the table below:
|CATEGORY||UPPER AGE LIMIT|
|UR Males||37 years|
|EBC/ BC/ Females||40 years|
|SC/ ST||42 years|
BPSC LDC Online Application Process
Between 19th March and 16th April 2021, online submissions were accepted. The application link is no longer active.
Step 1: Go to the BPSC online application portal. (this link is no longer active)
Step 2: Next to the position you want to apply for, such as Lower Division Clerk, click the “Apply Online” option.
Step 3: Complete your registration by entering your name, Aadhar number, email address, phone number, and address.
Step 4: Log in with the credentials that the site had generated.
Step 5: To complete your application, fill in the relevant information and pay the application cost.
Step 6: For future reference, save or print your completed application form.
The candidate must pay the application fee that corresponds to their category. The application fees for each category are listed below.
- The application fee for general/OBC candidates is Rs.600/-.
- Application Fee: Rs.150/- for Bihar State SC/ST Candidates.
- Rs. 150/- for all unreserved female candidates in Bihar.
- Candidates with Disabilities (40 per cent or more): Rs.150/-
BPSC LDC Syllabus
On its official website, the BPSC has published the BPSC LDC Syllabus. A thorough understanding of the syllabus is quite beneficial in understanding all of the topics. You can check the below to help you understand the relevant topics and their weighting in the exam.
- Data interpretation
- Time and distance
- Number system
- Simple interest and compound interest
- Mixtures & Allegations
- Profit and Loss
- Ratio and Proportions
- HCF & LCM
- Problem on Ages
- Time & Distance
- Decimal & Fractions
- Time & Ratio
General Knowledge And Everyday Science
- Current Events
- Freedom Movement
Reasoning & Mental Ability
- Logical Venn diagram
- Assertion and reason
- Puzzle test
- Blood relations
- Eligibility test
- Direction sense test
- Arithmetical operations
- Data Sufficiency
- Situation reaction test
- Sitting arrangement
- Decision making
- Numbers, ranking
- Logical sequence test
- Alphabet test
- Machine input
- Indian Economy
- Indian Parliament
- General Science
- Famous Places in India
- Famous Books & Authors
- Rivers, Lakes, and Seas
- Current Affairs
- Famous Days & Dates
- Indian Politics
- Indian History
- Environmental Issues
- Inventions and Discoveries
- Countries and Capitals
BPSC LDC Exam Pattern
- They will include Objective-type questions in both the prelims and mains tests.
- For each incorrect response in the preliminary examination, one mark will be deducted.
- Preliminary exam questions will be in Hindi/English.
The preliminary examination will be an open-book exam. Candidates will be permitted to bring one book per subject. Total duration of the exam is 135 minutes.
|General Science and Mathematics||50||200|
|Logic/ Reasoning/ Mental Ability/ Comprehension||50||200|
BPSC Admit Card
Almost a week before the exam date, the BPSC will release the Admit Card. It is one of the most significant documents for the exam. Make sure you get your BPSC LDC call letter before the deadline. With the help of the registration number and password, candidates can download the Admit Card. The steps mentioned below will help you download the admit card hassle-free. To avoid any last-minute complications, download the Admit Card as soon as possible.
Candidates must bring at least one form of identification (photo-identity card, such as a UID, a government-issued ID card, a voter ID card, a driving license, a passport, a PAN card, or a bank’s passbook copy with a photograph on it) with them to the examination centre and produce it upon demand.
How To Download The Admit Card?
Step 1: Go to the official website and click on the link.
Step 2: Enter your Registration Number/Roll Number and Password/Date of Birth to access your account.
Step 3: Print the Admit Card and attach the same photograph you used when applying for the BPSC LDC Recruitment.
Step 4: Print and save the document for future use.
BPSC LDC Cut Off
The Bihar Public Service Commission (BPSC) releases the official BPSC LDC cut off marks list and the announcement of the results. All candidates who took the preliminary examination can verify their results and cut off marks on the Commission’s official website. The BPSC LDC Recruitment 2021 Notification has been published on the official website. A total of 24 openings have been announced. Candidates who have completed their 12th grade can apply for the exam, which is the minimum criterion. The BPSC is looking for qualified people to fill the vacant Lower Division Clerk positions.
- The Preliminary Exam, Mains Exam, and Typing Test are the three stages of the BPSC LDC Recruitment selection process.
- The cut off for the BPSC LDC Exam will be provided in the form of a PDF document on the Commission’s official website.
- Candidates can view and download the cut off PDF to find out if they have been selected.
- The BPSC cut off shall be determined by the company and is subject to change at its discretion.
- The BPSC maintains the right to terminate the selection process and raise or decrease the number of positions to be filled based on the needs of the companies.
The BPSC LDC Cut Off marks change year to year due to a variety of circumstances. After the Preliminary Exam begins, the Cut Off marks are announced within a month. Cut Off marks vary by category and assist students in determining their final grade and merit list placement.
How To Calculate BPSC LDC Exam Marks?
Candidates must evaluate their marks using the BPSC LDC answer key issued by the BPSC. Here are some more details about the BPSC LDC 2021 marking scheme:
Step 1: Locate your BPSC LDC Answer key and cross-reference your answers.
Step 2: Give yourself a grade for each correct answer on the preliminary exam. There is a one-mark penalty for each incorrect answer.
Step 3: Calculate your total score after you’ve matched your answers to the certified answer key.
Factors Affecting The BPSC LDC Cut Off Marks
The BPSC LDC cutoff varies from year to year. An increase or decrease in the BPSC LDC cut off is caused by several factors. The following are some of the elements that influence the BPSC LDC Cut Off:
- The total number of candidates: If a large number of candidates apply for a limited number of positions, the Cut Off rises owing to increased competition.
- The total number of vacancies: When the number of available vacancies is big, the BPSC LDC cut off tends to drop.
- Exam difficulty: If the written examination is challenging, that is, if there are more difficult questions than moderate or easy questions, the Cut Off drops proportionately.
- Candidate performance: The BPSC LDC cut off for that year will likely vary depending on how well the majority of the candidates who took the exam fared.
How To Check BPSC LDC Cut off Marks?
Candidates can download the PDF of the BPSC LDC Cut Off 2021 after it is issued on the Commission’s official website to learn about their selection status. The information of the cutoff marks will be sent to the candidates based on their categories. To get the BPSC LDC Cutoff Marks, follow these steps:
Step 1: Go to the BPSC official website or click on the link provided.
Step 2: Locate and click on the appropriate link for the BPSC LDC Cut Off/Result 2021.
Step 3: A PDF with the list of candidates’ roll numbers selected for notice will open. Scroll down to see an intricate Cut Off Mark for the many community categories.
Step 4: For future reference, download the BPSC LDC Result sheet.
Minimum Qualifying Marks
The candidate should not be confused because the minimum qualifying marks and the BPSC LDC cutoff marks 2021 are different. The exam board commission of the BPSC sets the minimum qualifying marks, which are regarded as the minimum marks required to qualify for the exam. In contrast, the cutoff determines who proceeds to the next stage of the recruitment.
The Preliminary Exam’s minimum qualifying marks are listed below category wise:
|CATEGORY||PERCENTAGE OF QUALIFYING MARKS|
|General category||40 %|
|Other backward classes (OBC)||36.5 %|
|SC/ ST||32 %|
|Women candidates (All category)||32 %|
|Extremely backward classes (EBC)||34 %|
|Physically handicapped candidates||32 %|
BPSC LDC Result
Following the Written Exam, all applicants who pass the written exam are placed on a merit list. After the tests for that particular post have been completed, the BPSC LDC Results are announced. The BPSC LDC Result differs depending on the category and job. The procedure for downloading your results is outlined below. The Commission will update the check-your-results link as soon as the organisation makes it available.
Step 1: Go to the official website’s link and log in with your credentials, which are your registration id and password.
Step 2: Save your scorecard to your computer and print it for future use.
Step 3: You can also visit the official website for further information.
BPSC LDC Preparation Tips
As previously stated, the BPSC LDC exam is a two-stage exam with only multiple-choice questions. Candidates must place a high priority on correctness to avoid being penalised. Here are some helpful hints for passing the BPSC LDC exam with flying colours.
- The first step is to go over the syllabus and exam pattern thoroughly. This will assist you in understanding what the exam entails and what you need to study.
- Make notes and highlight everything that appears to be relevant to you to go over them at odd hours and before the exam date. This would also be useful before the exam because you could quickly review what you had learned up to that point rather than going through the entire fatso book.
- Do as many mocks as possible. Don’t forget to take at least one practise test each day. This allows you to cover the important questions and informs you about the types of questions they will ask on the exam. Mock exams might also assist you to overcome your exam anxiety. Gradually, your confidence will grow, and you will manage your time effectively while taking the exam. Additionally, when completing mock exams, you will be able to identify your weak subjects and topics, allowing you to focus your efforts on them.
Important Documents To Be Carried Along BPSC LDC Call Letter
Along with the BPSC LDC Call Letter, you need to bring any one of the following:
- Driving License
- Aadhar Card
- College ID
- PAN card
- Voter ID
- Ration card
BPSC LDC Salary Details
Candidates hired for the Lower Division Clerk position would be paid between Rs.19900 and Rs.63200 per month.
We hope the article has provided you with the relevant details regarding BPSC LDC Exam in detail. The candidates must prepare for this exam seriously. For any queries, contact us at Oliveboard.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTION
There are a total of 24 job openings.
Applicants must apply online using the BPSC’s official website.
The candidate must be between the ages of 18 and 37. The upper age limit shall be as per the category.
Candidates must have completed at least an intermediate level of education.
The BPSC will provide the LDC Admit Card @www.bpsc.bih.nic.in just 10-15 days before the test date.
The BPSC may hold the preliminary test for LDC positions in December 2021.
The prelims, mains, and skill tests will all be used in the BPSC LDC selection process.
Only objective questions will be included in the exam.
One mark will be deducted for each incorrect answer.
You are selected for the BPSC LDC Recruitment round 2 if your score exceeds the cutoff marks, and you have your roll number in the BPSC LDC result PDF. Having stated that, the Commission has the final say in the selection process.
The Commission announces the cut off marks at the same time as the results are announced.
Yes, the BPSC LDC cut off marks change from year to year due to various circumstances. However, they differ by about 5-10 marks from the prior Cut Off.
Oliveboard is a learning & practice platform for premier entrance exams. We have helped over 1 crore users since 2012 with their Bank, SSC, Railways, Insurance, Teaching and other competitive Exams preparation.
Oliveboard Live Courses & Mock Test Series