And we are back again with Daily Current Affairs Update – 23 Dec 2019 to get you updated with the latest current affairs for the day. This blog will be beneficial for the aspirants preparing for the various banking/ government/ insurance exam. Prepare for exams like SSC CPO, LIC Assistant, IBPS SO, SSC CGL and many more with Oliveboard. Let’s start with the blog to learn the latest news for the day.
Daily Current Affairs Update – 23 Dec 2019
Daily Current Affairs Update – National
- WE Hub announced its partnership with Start-up India, DPIIT to promote entrepreneurs. The two entities have joined hands to launch Start-up India’s flagship programme for women entrepreneurs called WING (Women Rise Together Programme in Telangana).
- Amazon India has conceptualized SMBhav, a first-of-its-kind mega summit for Small & Medium Businesses at Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium, New Delhi, in January 2020.
- Under the NIRBHAYA Fund, projects of Rs. 7000 crore including the setting up of 1023, Fast-track courts, have been approved by the Modi Government as a tribute to the 23-year-old Delhi Gangrape victim.
- The 5th edition of ARTECH being organised by India Army on ‘Technologies For Non-Contact Warfare’ will be held on 23 December 2019 in New Delhi. ARTECH was launched in the year 2016.
- Kannada writer and critic L.S. Sheshagiri Rao. referred to as LSS in literary circles, passed away at aged 94 following long-time ailments. He is known for his compiled English-Kannada dictionary. He has also won, Kendra Sahitya Akademi Award.
- Finance Commissioner Shri N K Singh met the Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh, Shri YS Jagan Mohan Reddy in Vijaywada. The Aim was: To discuss various issues specific to state finances for the award period of the Commission from 2021 to 2026
Daily Current Affairs Update – International
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) announced a total loan of $ 210 million for irrigation & solar energy projects in India. Out of $210 million dollars, $145 million is to improve irrigation services in West Bengal and $65 million for 250 MW solar project in Rajasthan. India is 2nd largest shareholder of the bank.
- The US and India have announced the establishment of an annual Parliamentary exchange to discuss issues of strategic importance of the bilateral relationship coincided with the US India 2-2 ministerial.
- Scientists have discovered the world’s oldest known fossil forest in a sandstone quarry in New York state. The forest found on the town of Cairo would have spanned from New York to Pennsylvania and beyond, and has been dated about 386m years old.
- Justice Gulzar Ahmed appointed as the 27th Chief Justice of Pakistan. He takes over from Chief Justice Asif Saeed Khosa
Daily Current Affairs Update – Sports
- India defeated West Indies in a decider match here in Barbati Stadium in Cuttack. India clinched the series 2-1 to overpower the visitors.
- All India Chess Federation elections to be held in Ahmedabad on February 9, 2020.
- Chelsea outplays Tottenham at the Premier League.
That is all from us in this blog; Daily Current Affairs Update – 23 Dec 2019. Keep checking the space for more latest updates. Stay Tuned!
Join our telegram page for receiving daily updates about class and relevant study materials for all the banking/ government/ insurance exam.
- 100+ Free Mock Tests
- Oliveboard Mobile App
- Oliveboard’s discuss forum
- Oliveboard Telegram Group
- Download BOLT – Our Monthly General Awareness free e-book
- All New SBI PO 2021 Selection Batch: Join Now
- IB ACIO Tier 2 – Descriptive English Crash Course – Join Now
- यहाँ पर नि: शुल्क उत्तर प्रदेश पुलिस एसआई मॉक टेस्ट के लिए रजिस्टर करें
- Join SBI Clerk Selection Batch: Live Classes, Practice Sessions & Mock Tests
- Mission SSC CGL 2020-21 Crash Course + Test Series: Join Now
- JK Bank Mains – Crash Course + Mock Tests – Join Now