The IBPS has recently released the official notification for the IBPS SO 2017 exam. The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) conducts the IBPS SO exam annually to recruit Specialist Officers in various public sector banks all over the country. This year, the IBPS has announced a total of 1,315 vacancies. The recruitment is done for six different posts. These are as follows:-
- IBPS SO 2017 Recruitment Details : Vacancies (Post-wise)
- Why Become An IBPS SO Marketing Officer : Diversified Job Profile
- Why Become An IBPS SO Marketing Officer : Good Career Growth & Scope Of Work
- Why Become An IBPS SO Marketing Officer : Promotions
- Why Become An IBPS SO Marketing Officer : Competitive Pay Package
IBPS SO 2017 Recruitment Details : Vacancies (Post-wise)
|I.T. Officer (Scale-I)||120|
|Agricultural Field Officer (Scale I)||875|
|Rajbhasha Adhikari (Scale I)||30|
|Law Officer (Scale I)||60|
|HR/Personnel Officer (Scale I)||35|
|Marketing Officer (Scale I)||195|
In this post we would be discussing about the post of Marketing Officer. This would help you decide why you should appear for the IBPS SO 2017. An IBPS Marketing Officer plays an important role in a bank. Increasing the sales of the bank to make it profitable, maintaining its brand value and identity among the prospective customers, taking care of advertising and social media are some of the major responsibilities of an IBPS SO Marketing Officer. We would be elaborating on the following points:-
- Job Profile
- Career Growth
Why Become An IBPS SO Marketing Officer : Diversified Job Profile
An IBPS Marketing Officer is expected to coordinate with all other departments of the bank and develop various marketing strategies and plans to boost up sales and profits. He/she is also supposed to be well versed in Marketing and Data Analysis tools.
The IBPS Marketing Officers achieve these monthly targets with the help of branch managers and other staff members of the bank.
- Managing Social Media and Social Media Marketing Tools
- Undertaking Marketing campaigns and organizing marketing events and promotional activities
- Coordinating with other departments of the bank to introduce various offers for the customers which can act as an effective marketing tool
- Managing advertisements online and offline
- Communicating with Public relation professionals
- Preparing advertising budgets and coordinating with ad agencies
- Managing Press releases, bulletin board ads and other similar tasks
- Supervising all the marketing and promotional activities in the given state/region
- Conceptualizing and designing ads to effectively communicate the bank’s message to the masses
- Supervising and creating drafts for various forms of communication and coordinating with ad agencies
- Developing marketing strategies and increasing profits and sales for the bank
- Ideating new products and services for the bank
- Preparing and managing advertising budgets
- Managing various marketing channels such as billboards, television commercials, posters, signage, etc.
- Helping the PR department to foster a positive image of the bank
- Ensuring the promotional activities are in compliance with the federal and state regulations
- Guiding the implementation of new products and services in the bank
- Monitoring sales performance and providing sales training at different branches of the bank
Why Become An IBPS SO Marketing Officer : Good Career Growth & Scope Of Work
IBPS SO Marketing Officers enjoy job stability, by virtue of working in a private bank. One major point of concern arises when people compare this to the private counter parts. Here, we would like to bring to your notice that the job and responsibilities of a bank’s Marketing officer is similar to that of a marketing officer in any private sector company. Just like in private sector companies the IBPS Marketing Officers will have targets to achieve and their performance is periodically reviewed .
It’s a great opportunity for people who want to work and build their career in specific areas in banks. After the initial few promotions the Marketing Officers also get a chance to get into General Banking.
Why Become An IBPS SO Marketing Officer : Promotions
Promotion of an IBPS SO Marketing Officer will be based on their seniority, performance, length of service, educational qualification and the respective banks’ promotion policy.
The following image gives an overview of the career progression of an IBPS SO Marketing Officer.
Why Become An IBPS SO Marketing Officer : Competitive Pay Package
Last but not the least, salary always comes into consideration when it comes to choosing a job. The IBPS SO post offers lucrative packages and perks. The details are mentioned below.
(*Note that these amounts may be subject to change. It is only to give an idea and are not definite whatsoever.)
The take home salary of an IBPS SO Marketing Officer scale 1 after his/her appointment will be approximately between Rs. 30,000/- to 38,000/- . The salary scale for the year 2016-17 included:-
Number of years
Some perks enjoyed by bank SO’s are: dearness allowance, HRA,CCA.
- HRA : This is paid @ 9.0% or 8.0% or 7.0% depending on the place of posting
- DA : As per the latest CPI released by the government Rs. 8605.88
- Special Allowances : these are paid at the rate of 7.75% for a scale-I officer
- CCA : this is paid at 4%, 3% or 0% depending on the place of posting
- Other perks : Conveyance, Newspapers, Entertainment allowance, House & Furniture Maintenance etc.
We hope this gives you a fair idea of what a Marketing Officer’s job is. Feel free to reach out to us in case of any doubts or queries.
All the best!
- यहाँ पर नि: शुल्क उत्तर प्रदेश पुलिस एसआई मॉक टेस्ट के लिए रजिस्टर करें
- Join SBI Clerk Selection Batch: Live Classes, Practice Sessions & Mock Tests
- Mission SSC CGL 2020-21 Online Course + Test Series: Join Now
- Join SSC CHSL 2021 Crash Course for Complete Exam Practice
- JK Bank Mains – Crash Course + Mock Tests – Join Now
- ECGC PO 2021 – Kickstart your preparation with a Free Mock Test