IBPS Clerk Bank Preference: With the notification for IBPS Clerk 2022 out, there is already a sense of excitement amongst the candidates who are going to appear for the exam this year. Along with the preparations, the question that troubles the candidates most is the IBPS Clerk 2022 bank preference. Candidates do take an enormous amount of time in choosing the bank and the city to apply from, but often end up regretting their choice. The decision to choose any particular bank should be prompted with smart research. In this blog, we will help you understand the basic things that are to keep in mind when opting for bank preference IBPS Clerk 2022.
IBPS Clerk Selection Process:
IBPS Clerk 2022 will be conducted in 2 steps:
- IBPS Clerk 2022 Prelims-
- This exam requires candidates to clear sectional as well as overall cut off to appear for the next step. This round is an eliminator round and the marks scored in this section is not considered for Final Merit.
- IBPS Clerk 2022 Mains
- Final selection is done on the basis of the marks scored in this section. In this section also one needs to clear sectional as well as Overall cut off to qualify and be eligible for Selection Procedure. Cut off is decided considering the number of vacancies in all the states.
IBPS Clerk 2022 Bank Preference:
During the initial filling up of the form for IBPS Clerk 2022 candidates are prompted to chose the order of priority for the Participating Public Sector Banks. It is very important to chose the right bank amongst the participating ones.
|1||BANK OF BARODA|
|2||BANK OF INDIA|
|3||BANK OF MAHARASHTRA|
|5||CENTRAL BANK OF INDIA|
|7||INDIAN OVERSEAS BANK|
|8||PUNJAB & SIND BANK|
|9||PUNJAB NATIONAL BANK|
|11||UNION BANK OF INDIA|
The participating banks have declared various vacancies State-wise and Bank wise. You can find the details for Statewise vacancy in our blog for IBPS Clerk notification.
Factors to Keep in Mind when choosing the Bank – IBPS Clerk 2022
- Language Proficiency– Many a time while filling the bank preference candidates tend to fill up the state where the banks have most vacancy. Please choose the state for which you are comfortable with the local language. This trait will help you in the long term once selected. Banks do consider the language barrier to be a serious issue as it hinders the employees’ efficiency to communicate with the customers. Remember, you do not need to have a domicile for any state for the local language.
For ex.- If you are from Delhi and you are proficient in Kannada language, you can consider applying from the Karnataka state as well.
- Relocation– Assess yourself if you are ready to move to other cities or not. Willingness to work from hometown is highly observed in the candidates appearing for the exam. Make a list of states that you will be comfortable working in and then go for the fill-up. Please find the list of vacancies in different states in our other blog for IBPS Clerk.
IBPS Clerk 2022 Bank Preference – Region wise
|North Region (Delhi, Punjab, UP, Uttarakhand, J & K, Himachal Pradesh, Haryana and Rajasthan)||South Region (Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Kerala)|
|UCO Bank||Canara Bank|
|Union Bank of India||BANK OF BARODA|
|Punjab National Bank||Indian Bank|
|Bank of India|
|Bank of India||UCO Bank|
|Bank of Maharashtra||Union Bank of India|
|Central Bank of India|
|Bank of Maharashtra|
|INDIAN OVERSEAS BANK||Central Bank of India|
|Canara Bank||Punjab National Bank|
|Indian Bank||INDIAN OVERSEAS BANK|
|East & North East Region (Odisha, West Bengal, Bihar, Jharkhand, Northeastern states)||West & Central Region (Maharashtra, Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Goa)|
|UCO Bank||Union Bank of India|
|BANK OF BARODA||Bank of India|
|Union Bank of India||Bank of Maharashtra|
|Bank of India||Central Bank of India|
|Bank of Maharashtra||UCO Bank|
|Central Bank of India||BANK OF BARODA|
|Punjab National Bank||Punjab National Bank|
|Canara Bank||PUNJAB & SIND BANK|
|Andhra Bank||Canara Bank|
|PUNJAB & SIND BANK||Andhra Bank|
|Indian Bank||Indian Bank|
Over the years it has been observed that most of the banks offer a similar profile and Pay scale for the position of IBPS clerk. Also, the allotment of the Bank is done on the basis of the Scores achieved in the IBPS Clerk Mains 2022. In the end, one has to join the Bank he/she has been allocated to. So it is good to do a little homework on your part before making any career impacting decision. IBPS Clerk 2022 Bank preference will be a decisive step as it will be a long term relation with the bank.
In this blog, We have tried to include all the necessities that will help you guys in making a flawless decision regarding IBPS Clerk 2022 bank preference. We will keep bringing more such updates that will make your experience from filling up the form to taking up the exam, even more enriching. Keep following Oliveboard page for more updates.
- IBPS Clerk Previous Year Cut Off Marks for 2022, 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018
- IBPS Clerk Salary 2023, Check Job Profile and Career Growth
- IBPS Clerk Prelims Result 2023 Out, Direct Link to Download
- IBPS Clerk Exam Date 2023, Check Mains Date
- IBPS Clerk Mains Admit Card 2023 Out, Direct Link to Download
- IBPS Clerk Syllabus 2023 and Exam Pattern, Download PDF
The most comprehensive online preparation portal for MBA, Banking and Government exams. Explore a range of mock tests and study material at www.oliveboard.in