With the notification for IBPS Clerk 2021 out, there is already a sense of excitement amongst the candidates who are going to appear for the exam this year. Along with the preparations, the question that troubles the candidates most is the IBPS Clerk 2021 bank preference. Candidates do take an enormous amount of time in choosing the bank and the city to apply from, but often end up regretting their choice. The decision to choose any particular bank should be prompted with smart research. In this blog, we will help you understand the basic things that are to keep in mind when opting for bank preference IBPS Clerk 2021.
IBPS Clerk 2021 Latest Update
IBPS Clerk examination is put on hold by the Finance Ministry. The Finance Ministry on Tuesday directed IBPS to put on hold the examination for clerical cadre in public sector banks (PSBs) till a final view is taken on conducting tests in regional languages. In order to look into the demand for holding examination for clerical cadre in Public Sector Banks (PSBs) in local/regional languages, a Committee has been constituted to look into the matter in its entirety. The Committee will give its recommendations within 15 days. The ongoing process of holding the examination initiated by IBPS will be kept on hold until the recommendations of the Committee are made available.
IBPS had earlier released the recruitment notification for the IBPS Clerk exam 2021 on 11th July 2021. A total of 5830 vacancies have been released by the IBPS for 2021. As per the latest official notification, IBPS Clerk prelims is scheduled to be held on August 28th & 29th and September 4th 2021, and the mains examination is scheduled to be held on 31st October 2021. Check out all the latest news on IBPS Clerk exam like admit card, result, free mock test etc. Now with the release of the notification, it is important to prepare for the IBPS Clerk exam with the latest pattern mock test series and online courses on Oliveboard.
IBPS Clerk Selection Process:
IBPS Clerk 2021 will be conducted in 2 steps:
- IBPS Clerk 2021 Prelims-
- This exam requires candidates to clear sectional as well as overall cut off to appear for the next step. This round is an eliminator round and the marks scored in this section is not considered for Final Merit.
- IBPS Clerk 2021 Mains
- Final selection is done on the basis of the marks scored in this section. In this section also one needs to clear sectional as well as Overall cut off to qualify and be eligible for Selection Procedure. Cut off is decided considering the number of vacancies in all the states.
IBPS Clerk 2021 Bank Preference:
During the initial filling up of the form for IBPS Clerk 2021 candidates are prompted to chose the order of priority for the Participating Public Sector Banks. It is very important to chose the right bank amongst the participating ones.
|Allahabad Bank||Canara Bank||Indian Overseas bank||Syndicate Bank|
|Andhra Bank||Central Bank Of India||Oriental Bank Of Commerce||UCO Bank|
|Bank of Baroda||Corporation Bank||Punjab National Bank||Union Bank Of India|
|Bank Of India||Indian Bank||Punjab and Sind Bank||United Bank of India|
|Bank of Maharashtra|
The participating banks have declared various vacancies State-wise and Bank wise. You can find the details for Statewise vacancy in our blog for IBPS Clerk notification.
Factors to Keep in Mind when choosing the Bank – IBPS Clerk 2021
- Language Proficiency– Many a time while filling the bank preference candidates tend to fill up the state where the banks have most vacancy. Please choose the state for which you are comfortable with the local language. This trait will help you in the long term once selected. Banks do consider the language barrier to be a serious issue as it hinders the employees’ efficiency to communicate with the customers. Remember, you do not need to have a domicile for any state for the local language.
For ex.- If you are from Delhi and you are proficient in Kannada language, you can consider applying from the Karnataka state as well.
- Relocation– Assess yourself if you are ready to move to other cities or not. Willingness to work from hometown is highly observed in the candidates appearing for the exam. Make a list of states that you will be comfortable working in and then go for the fill-up. Please find the list of vacancies in different states in our other blog for IBPS Clerk.
Bank Rankings- Performance Wise
As per the current Market Standards, Banks are rated on the basis of their performance in the last 3 quarters. List of banks as per their ratings in the ascending order is:
- Punjab National Bank
- Bank Of Baroda
- Canara Bank
- Bank of India
- Union Bank
- Syndicate Bank
- Central Bank
- Indian Bank
- Oriental Bank of Commerce
- Allahabad Bank
IBPS Clerk 2021 Bank Preference – Region wise
|North Region (Delhi, Punjab, UP, Uttarakhand, J & K, Himachal Pradesh, Haryana and Rajasthan)||South Region (Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Kerala)|
|UCO Bank||Canara Bank|
|Union Bank of India||Andhra Bank|
|Allahabad Bank||Corporation Bank|
|Punjab National Bank||Indian Bank|
|Oriental Bank of Commerce||Bank of India|
|Bank of India||UCO Bank|
|Bank of Maharashtra||Union Bank of India|
|Central Bank of India||Allahabad Bank|
|Corporation Bank||Bank of Maharashtra|
|Andhra Bank||Central Bank of India|
|Canara Bank||Punjab National Bank|
|Indian Bank||Oriental Bank of Commerce|
|East & North East Region (Odisha, West Bengal, Bihar, Jharkhand, Northeastern states)||West & Central Region (Maharashtra, Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Goa)|
|UCO Bank||Union Bank of India|
|Allahabad Bank||Bank of India|
|Union Bank of India||Bank of Maharashtra|
|Bank of India||Central Bank of India|
|Bank of Maharashtra||UCO Bank|
|Central Bank of India||Allahabad Bank|
|Punjab National Bank||Corporation Bank|
|Oriental Bank of Commerce||Punjab National Bank|
|Canara Bank||Oriental Bank of Commerce|
|Andhra Bank||Canara Bank|
|Corporation Bank||Andhra Bank|
|Indian Bank||Indian Bank|
Over the years it has been observed that most of the banks offer a similar profile and Payscale for the position of IBPS clerk. Also, the allotment of the Bank is done on the basis of the Scores achieved in the IBPS Clerk Mains 2021. In the end, one has to join the Bank he/she has been allocated to. So it is good to do a little homework on your part before making any career impacting decision. IBPS Clerk 2021 Bank preference will be a decisive step as it will be a long term relation with the bank.
In this blog, We have tried to include all the necessities that will help you guys in making a flawless decision regarding IBPS Clerk 2021 bank preference. We will keep bringing more such updates that will make your experience from filling up the form to taking up the exam, even more enriching. Keep following Oliveboard page for more updates.
Give your Preparations a Boost with Oliveboard Mock Tests:
- 20 Mocks for IBPS Clerk 2021 Prelims
- 10 Mocks for IBPS Clerk 2021 Mains
- All Topic Tests
- Sectional Tests
- GK Supplement with 2500 questions
- IBPS Clerk Exam Centre 2021 State-Wise | For Prelims & Mains Exam
- IBPS Clerk Exam Put On Hold By The Finance Ministry On Tuesday
- Tips to Fill IBPS Clerk Bank Preference – Know Here
- IBPS Clerk Prelims Preparation Strategy | Check Here
- IBPS Clerk Syllabus 2021 | Detailed Section-Wise Syllabus | Check Here
- IBPS Clerk Exam 2021 – Notification Out for 5830 Vacancies