On 26/03/2021, the J&K Services Selection Board of the Government of Jammu and Kashmir vied Advertisement No.02 of 2021, released a notification on the official website to fill 2311 vacancies. From the total number of vacancies declared, 142 vacancies have been released for the post of JKSSB Patwari. The Notification is available for everyone to see on the official website at http://www.ssbjk.org.in/Advt02of2021Posts.pdf. All candidates need to acquaint themselves with the JKSSB Patwari Salary & Job Profile for recruitment in 2021 prior to writing the Examination.
JKSSB Patwari Salary & Job Profile: Overview
This article will give you a correct understanding of the earnings you will receive on joining the post of JKSSB Patwari. It will also provide you with an understanding of how your salary and emoluments will grow as you grow in your job. The JKSSB Patwari’s pay scale, allowances, and career growth have been specified and released by JKSSB (Jammu and Kashmir Staff Selection Board). Candidates who clear the Urdu language test and then qualify in the Written Examination will be considered eligible for receiving the Salary, allowances, and perks associated with the post of JKSSB Patwari.
All candidates who qualify for the post of JKSSB Patwari shall become part of the Revenue department and join a Revenue office under the Jammu and Kashmir Staff Selection Board.
Also Read: JKSSB Patwari Exam
According to the Notification issued on 26/03/2021:
- All the Appointments and all other conditions of service for the candidates who are appointed via the selection process initiated by the Notification will be governed under the provisions of the J & K Probationer (the Condition of Services, Pay, and Allowances) as well as the Fixation of Tenure Rules, 2020, notified through the S.O 192 of 17/06/2020.
- Any reservation undertaken as part of the Notification will apply based on provisions of the J & K’s SO 127 of 2020 released on 20/04/2020.
- Horizontal Reservation up to 6% of the total vacancies will go to Ex-Servicemen. The pay scales will be specified in S.O 127 released on 20/04/2020 and specified in any other applicable rules.
JKSSB Patwari Salary and Pay Scale
Based on the Notification officially released by the Board, the candidates selected for the post of JKSSB Patwari will become eligible for receiving a per month salary in the pay scale Level-4 (25500-81100). Besides the monthly payment, the candidates will also be eligible for perks and allowances defined by the Board. Those candidates who join the post of JKSSB Patwari become eligible for getting a salary based on the 7th Pay-Commission. In addition, there will be several perks and benefits. Here is the pay scale, salary, and allowances applicable to the post of JKSSB Patwari.
|Basic Pay –
|Grade Pay –
|Contributory Pension Fund
|As per grade pay
|Rs 4335 (17% Of Basic Pay)
|House Rent Allowance:
|Rs. 6120 (24% / X Cities)
|Deduction as per grade pay
|Rs. 4212 (Level-4 / A1 Cities)
Allowances in JKSSB Patwari
Patwaris get good benefits. The basic allowances are:
- Dearness allowances: Dearness Allowance is given and varies upon the states where you are posted.
- House rent allowances: – HRA or House Rent Allowances are provided to the Patwaris. Patwari is not eligible for the Govt Quarter or premises to live. So they get HRA every month.
- Medical benefits: Patwari gets medical allowances as the treatment of employees and dependents like spouses or parents.
JKSSB Patwari Job Profile
All candidates who clear the Urdu language test and Qualify in the Written Examination will have the opportunity to join the Revenue department through JKSSB. They will join at the post of Patwari, and there will be several duties and responsibilities that will come along with the post. Here is a list of the roles, responsibilities, and job profiles associated with the post of JKSSB Patwari:
- Diligently and accurately maintain the land records for the region (tehsil), which is designated to them in the state.
- Diligently and accurately maintain the share croppers’ records and any other land transfers carried out between different parties.
- Diligently supervise every land sale and purchase that is conducted in the area under their charge.
- Diligently and accurately maintain and update all the land ownership records in the area under their charge.
- Diligently undertake the conducting of regular surveys in the areas under their charge.
- Diligently supervise and collect the land taxes in the area which is under their charge.
JKSSB Patwari Career Growth
After candidates join JKSSB Patwari, there are several growth opportunities available to them. Various departmental examinations are conducted which they can clear and keep growing in their career. The following list provides the hierarchy of the post of Patwari, which the new joinee can climb up via the departmental examinations.
- JKSSB Patwari
- JKSSB Naib Tehsildar
- JKSSB Tehsildar
- Deputy Director of Revenue
It is a good idea to know the earnings of the post for which you are applying prior to making an effort to clear its Examination. Also, knowing the job profile of the post will help you decide if you have the ability and aptitude for undertaking the specified duties and responsibilities. Now that you have the JKSSB Patwari Salary & Job Profile information, you should be better prepared for taking a well-thought-out decision.
The pay scale of a JKSSB Patwari is Level-4 (25500-81100).
The basic salary of a JKSSB Patwari is Rs 25500-81100
Several allowances are attached with the JKSSB Patwari post, such as HRA and DA.
Yes, besides other duties and responsibilities, the JKSSB Patwaris are responsible for collecting land tax in the area under their charge.
Various departmental examinations are conducted which they can clear and keep growing in their career. The following list provides the hierarchy of the post of Patwari, which the new joinee can climb up via the department examinations.
JKSSB Naib Tehsildar
Deputy Director of Revenue
Oliveboard is a learning & practice platform for premier entrance exams. We have helped over 1 crore users since 2012 with their Bank, SSC, Railways, Insurance, Teaching and other competitive Exams preparation.