LIC has released its 2019 recruitment notification on 1st March 2019. Since announcement of LIC AAO vacancies, every candidate is asking 1 question – Is there negative marking in LIC AAO exam? In this blog, we will discuss about LIC AAO Negative marking in detail. We will give you a final answer about LIC AAO Exam negative marking.
LIC AAO Negative Marking – What does 2019 Notification say?
Following are the points to note in the 2019 Notification about LIC AAO Negative Marking -:
1) The LIC AAO 2019 Notification has given a detailed exam pattern for the LIC AAO 2019 Exam. LIC has not mentioned anything about negative marking in the notification. However, no mention of negative marking does not directly mean “There will be no Negative marking”. We have mentioned the full LIC AAO exam pattern below.
2) The Score calculation section of the LIC AAO notification also does not mention anything about negative marking or wrong answers. It says, “Number of Questions answered correctly by a candidate in each objective test is considered for arriving at the Score.” You can see it in the following image
LIC AAO Negative Marking – What did 2016 Notification say?
Following are the points to note in the 2016 Notification about LIC AAO Negative Marking -:
1) The LIC AAO 2016 Notification had a complete section on “Penalty for Wrong Answers” in the exam pattern section.
2) The Score calculation section of the LIC AAO 2016 Notification had also specifically mentioned about negative marking – “Number of questions answered correctly by a candidate in each objective test is considered for arriving at the Corrected Score after applying penalty for wrong answers.”
LIC AAO Negative Marking – Conclusion
Based on above given comparison of the 2016 and 2019 LIC AAO Recruitment Notification, We can say that Negative Marking will not be there in both the prelims and main exam phase of LIC AAO 2019 Recruitment Exam.
(Disclaimer – This conclusion is based on our analysis. If there is any new update or clarification from LIC about negative marking, we will update you accordingly)
LIC AAO Exam Pattern
The selection of Assistant Administrative Officers will be done through a three-tiered process and subsequent pre-recruitment medical examination.
Phase-I: Prelims Exam Pattern
Preliminary Examination consisting of objective test will be conducted online. The test will have three sections (with separate timings for each section) as follows:
|Name of Test||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Medium of Exam||Duration|
|Reasoning Ability||35||35||English & Hindi||20 Minutes|
|Quantitative Aptitude||35||35||English & Hindi||20 Minutes|
|English Language||30||30||English||20 Minutes|
Note: The Test of English in the Prelims Phase is qualifying in nature and will note be considered for calculating ranking in the prelims exam.
Phase-II: Main Exam Pattern (For Generalist)
|Name of Tests||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Medium of Exam||Duration|
|Reasoning Ability||30||90||English & Hindi||40 minutes|
|General Knowledge & Current Affairs||30||60||English & Hindi||20 minutes|
|Data Analysis & Interpretation||30||90||English & Hindi||40 minutes|
|Insurance & Financial Market Awareness||30||60||English & Hindi||20 minutes|
|Descriptive English (Letter Writing & Essay)||2||25||English||30 Minutes|
Note: English Language test will be of qualifying nature and the marks in English Language will not be counted for ranking.
That is all from us in this blog on LIC AAO Negative Marking. We hope you found the above information useful. Please share the blog to let other people know about this important news. Keep checking this space for LIC AAO Exam updates, LIC AAO Mock Tests, LIC AAO Study Material, etc. All the best for your exam preparation.
Oliveboard Live Courses & Mock Test Series
- IBPS PO Cracker – Enroll Now and get a Huge Discount
- Enroll for IBPS RRB Cracker Course for 2019 Officer and Assistant Exam preparation
- Preparing for EPFO Assistant Exam? Attempt a Free Test here
- Prepare for Railway RRB NTPC Exam – Take a Free Mock Test
- Start Preparing for RBI Grade B 2019 Exam with a FREE Mock Test