National Housing Bank is one of the Financial Regulator of the country and becoming a part of it is definitely a great opportunity. For any exam, the first step is to get acquainted with the exam pattern and syllabus. Hence, the exam pattern and the topics that are expected to come for the objective examination for NHB Assistant Manager 2020 are being discussed below.
NHB Assistant Manager Exam Pattern
Selection for the Post is a two-tiered processes i.e. online examination followed by interview. The table below shows the online examination pattern.
|Sections (Not in sequence)||Number of Questions||Allotted Time|
|Reasoning and Computer Aptitude||45||60 minutes|
|General Awareness and Computer Knowledge||50||40 minutes|
|English Language||25||35 minutes|
|Quantitative Aptitude||35||45 minutes|
|English Language (Letter writing and essay)||02||30 minutes|
The Descriptive Test will begin immediately after the completion of the Objective Test. Descriptive Test is of qualifying nature and candidates should secure minimum score in the Descriptive Test.
The total marks allotted for Interview is 50 and the weightage (ratio) of Online Examination and Interview will be 80:20 respectively.
Syllabus for NHB Assistant Manager
General Awareness: Special focus on Economy and Banking
- Indian Banking (History, Role, Types and Functions of Banks)
- RBI and Monetary Policy
- Money Market and Capital Market
- Budgets and Bills
- Government Schemes and Policies
- Taxes and Revenue
- Finance Commissions
- Bank names, headquarters and Chairpersons
- Economic Survey
- Reports and Indices
- Current Affairs
- Static Awareness
- Important Dates and Appointments
- Reading Comprehension
- Error Detection
- Cloze test
- Phrase Replacement
- Para Jumbles
- Odd one out
- Sentence Completion
- Inference and Conclusion
- Idioms and Phrases
- History and Generation of Computers
- Computer Organisation
- Computer Storage and Memory
- Computer Hardware and I/O Devices
- Computer Software
- Computer Languages
- Operating Systems
- Computer Network
- Email and Microsoft Office
- Shortcut keys
- Database Management
- Number System
- Computer and Network Security
- Computer Abbreviations and Terminologies
Quantitative Aptitude: Special emphasis on data analysis and interpretation
- Data Interpretation (Pie Chart, Bar Graph, Caselets, Tabular Data, Line Chart)
- Simplification and Approximation.
- Quadratic equations and Inequalities
- Data Sufficiency
- HCF and LCM
- Problems on Ages.
- Pipes & Cisterns.
- Ratio and Proportion
- Number series
- Geometry and Mensuration
- Mixtures and Alligation
- Profit and Loss.
- Time & Work.
- Speed, Time and Distance.
- Puzzles and Seating Arrangement
- Blood Relation
- Direction Sense
- Critical Reasoning (Passage Inference, Statement Assumption, Conclusion and Argument)
- Coding Decoding
- Order and Ranking
- Series Completion
- Input Output
- Data sufficiency
This is the syllabus for the online examination. Practise questions under these topics to crack the exam and qualify for the interview. For more such updates, register with Oliveboard.