SBI Apprentice Selection Process
SBI Apprentice Selection Process: The State Bank of India has announced the selection process for 6160 posts of SBI Apprentice 2023. Candidates interested in an apprenticeship under one of the biggest banks in India should make sure to know the selection process. This article will provide all the required details about the selection process, and the specific requirements that candidates should meet to be selected for the SBI Apprenticeship.
SBI Apprentice Selection Process – Overview
The State Bank of India conducts the SBI Apprentice Selection annually. They recruit suitable candidates for a one-year paid apprenticeship at their banks. This opportunity is excellent for those who have just graduated and wish to gain experience. Particularly with one of the biggest banks of India. Candidates can find general details about the recruitment here.
|Exam Conducting Authority
|State Bank Of India
|Name of Posts
|Number of Vacancies
|Type of Job
|Government Job (Apprentice)
|Written Test and Test of Local Language
|Mode of Application
|Mode of Exam
SBI Apprentice Selection Process – Important Dates
Candidates venturing into the SBI Apprentice recruitment should be well aware of the schedule. The notification was released on 31st August 2023, and candidates have until 21st September 2023 to apply for the same. The following table will provide a rundown of the SBI Apprentice Exam Date and schedule.
|SBI Apprentice Notification
|31st August 2023
|Online Registration Starts From
|1st September 2023
|Online registration Ends on
|21st September 2023
|Online Fee Payment
|1st to 21st September 2023
|Last Date for Editing the Application
|21st September 2023
|Last Date for Printing Application
|6th October 2023
|SBI Apprentice Call Letter 2023
|SBI Apprentice Online Exam Date
|SBI Apprentice Result
SBI Apprentice Selection Process – The Procedure
The annual SBI Apprentice recruitment for 2023 is underway. The notification has detailed the various steps and instructions about the selection process that candidates should make sure to go through at least once. The following section will give an easy-to-understand breakdown of these details and also give a few relevant points to keep in mind.
The SBI Apprentice selection process consists of three stages-
- Online Test
- Local Language Test
- Medical Exam
Let’s take a look at the specifics for each of these stages of recruitment,
SBI Apprentice Selection Process Stage 1 – Online Test
The online test for SBI Apprentice 2023 is a one-hour test that consists of 100 MCQs. These 100 MCQs are divided equally among four sections –
- General/Financial Awareness
- General English
- Quantitative Aptitude
- Reasoning Ability and Computer Aptitude
A more in-depth look at the SBI Apprentice exam pattern is given in the table below.
|Name of test
|No. of Questions
|Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude
SBI Apprentice Online Test – Points to Remember
Here are a few points to remember about the Online test-
- SBI Apprentice has a sectional time limit. As shown above, each section is allotted 15 minutes. Once 15 minutes are up the test will move on to the next section. So make sure to practice this well in mocks and allot your time efficiently to maximize your attempts.
- There will be negative marking. 1/4th marks will be deducted from the total for each wrong answer. Be careful while entering your responses and avoid guessing.
- The test is available in 13 regional languages aside from English and Hindi. These are – Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Konkani, Malayalam, Manipuri, Marathi, Oriya, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu, and Urdu.
SBI Apprentice Selection Process Stage 2 – Local Language Test
Candidates can refer to the following table for all the local languages that are tested for, depending on the state from which the candidate is applying.
|State / UT
|UT Jammu & Kashmir
|Bengali / Kokborok
|Telugu / Urdu
|UT Andaman & Nicobar Islands
|Hindi / English
|Nepali / English
|Hindi / Urdu
|Hindi / Urdu
SBI Apprentice Language Test – Important Points to Remember
Candidates should make sure to note the following points about the second stage of SBI Apprentice selection process.
- Candidates who present their 10th/12th Certificate showing that they’ve studied the opted local language DO NOT have to take the Language Test.
- The candidates should be proficient in reading, writing, speaking, and understanding the local language.
- Candidates can attend the language test only after they qualify the online test.
- Center for the language test will be decided by the bank but any expenses must be borne by the candidate and will not be reimbursed.
- Candidates who fail the language test will not be selected for the SBI Apprentice posts.
SBI Apprentice Selection Process Stage 3 – Medical Test
The final test in the SBI Apprentice selection process is the medical test. The candidate should meet the declared medically fit as per the requirements of the bank.
SBI Apprentice Selection Process – Final Selection
The final selection in SBI Apprentice is subject to the following-
- Verification of eligibility for the post and information furnished in the online application
- Qualifying in test of specified opted local language, where applicable, as detailed above.
- Qualification in the Medical examination.
SBI Apprentice Selection Process – Important Things to Remember
Candidates should be aware that there are certain terms and conditions set by SBI for those who want to apply for SBI Apprentice. These are as follows-
- The candidates applying to SBI Apprenticeship should not have undergone apprenticeship in SBI or any other organisation earlier.
- Any candidate with training/job experience of one year or more after obtaining the basic educational qualifications is NOT eligible for SBI Apprenticeship.
- No Ex-servicemen/disabled ex-servicemen are eligible for the SBI Apprenticeship.
- SBI will have no obligation to offer a regular employment at the bank for apprentices during and/or after the apprenticeship.
- Candidates will be relieved from their posted locations after the completion of the SBI Apprenticeship.
The purpose of the SBI Apprenticeship is for freshers interested in bank jobs to gain experience in the bank environment. This certificate will make it easier to get employed in bank jobs in the future.
SBI Apprentice Selection Process – Frequently Asked Questions
A1. There are three stages – Online test, language test, and medical check.
A2. Candidates can take the SBI Apprentice exam in 13 regional languages aside from English and Hindi.
A3. No, SBI is under no obligation to provide a regular employment to those who complete the apprenticeship.
A4. No, those with training/job experience of one year or more after completion of their basic educational qualification are not eligible for SBI Apprentice.
- SBI Apprentice Result 2024 Out, Direct Link to Check
- SBI Apprentice Salary 2024, Check Pay Scale and Job Profile
- SBI Apprentice Cut Off 2024, Know Previous Year Cut Off
- SBI Apprentice Admit Card 2024, Direct Link to Download
- SBI Apprentice Syllabus and Exam Pattern 2024, Download PDF
- SBI Apprentice Eligibility Criteria 2024, Age Limit, Educational
I write content to help people prepare for banking exams because I have experience as an aspirant myself. My goal is to provide accurate and easy-to-understand information for candidates. I cover various topics such as exam patterns, syllabus, study techniques, and time management to support those preparing for the exams. As a former aspirant turned content writer, I want to make the information accessible and helpful for others so that they can do well in their banking and government exams and achieve their goals.