The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) has released the SSC Delhi Police Constable Recruitment 2020 notification. The notification announces 5846 vacancies for the post of Constable (Male & Female Candidates) in Delhi Police. In this blog, we are going to give you all the details of this SSC Constable Recruitment like online application dates, exam dates, no. of vacancies, eligibility, etc.
- 1. SSC Delhi Police Constable Recruitment 2020 – Important Dates
- 2. SSC Delhi Police Constable Recruitment 2020 – Vacancies & Pay Scale
- 3. SSC Constable Recruitment Apply Online
- 4. SSC Constable Recruitment – Eligibility
- 5. SSC Delhi Police Constable Recruitment 2020 – Selection process
- 6. SSC Constable Delhi Police Application Fee
- 7. SSC Constable Recruitment Delhi Police | Syllabus For Computer Based Examination
- 8. SSC Delhi Constable Resolution of Tie Cases
1. SSC Delhi Police Constable Recruitment 2020 – Important Dates
- SSC Constable Online Application – Start Date: 01-Aug-2020
- SSC Constable Online Application – End Date: 07-Sep-2020
- Computer-based Examination dates: 27-Nov-2020 to 14-Dec-2020
Want To Attempt A Mock Test For Free? Register Here
2. SSC Delhi Police Constable Recruitment 2020 – Vacancies & Pay Scale
A total of 5846 vacancies have been announced for different Male & Female candidate posts. Let’s have a look at the post-wise vacancies:
|Name of Post||Total Vacancies|
|Constable (Exe.)-Male (Ex-Servicemen (Others)
(Including backlog SC-19 and ST-15)
(Ex-Servicemen [Commando (Para-3.2)] (Including backlog SC-34 and ST-19)
SSC Constable Recruitment Pay Scale
Pay Level-3 (Rs 21700- 69100)
3. SSC Constable Recruitment Apply Online
3.1 How To Apply Online
1: Applications must be submitted in online mode only through the official website of SSC Headquarters i.e. https://ssc.nic.in.
2: One-time Registration process (as per details at Annexure-I) requires you to upload a recent (i.e. not more than three-month-old) scanned colour passport size photograph in JPEG format (20 KB to 50 KB). Image dimension of the photograph should be about 3.5 cm (width) x 4.5 cm (height). The photograph should be without cap, spectacles and both ears should be visible. The date on which the photograph has been taken should be printed on the photograph.
3: Last date and time for submission of online applications are 07-09-2020 (2330 Hours).
4: Candidates are advised in their own interest to submit online applications much before the closing date and not to wait till the last date to avoid the possibility of disconnection/ inability or failure to login to the SSC website on account of heavy load on the website during the closing days.
5: The Commission will not be responsible for the candidates not being able to submit their applications within the last date on account of the aforesaid reasons or for any other the reason beyond the control of the Commission.
6: Before submission of the online application, candidates must check that they have filled correct details in each field of the form. After submission of the online application form, no change/ correction/ modification will be allowed under any circumstances. Requests received in this regard in any form like Post, Fax, Email, by hand, etc shall not be entertained
4. SSC Constable Recruitment – Eligibility
4.1 Age Limit:
- Minimum Age: 18 years (as on 01-07-2020)
- Maximum Age: 25 years (as on 01-07-2020)
Candidates should not have been born earlier than 02-07-1995 and later than 01-07-2002.
Check Your All India Standing. Register Here For Free Mock Test
4.2 Education & other essential qualification:
Educational Requirement: 10+2 (secondary level) from a recognized board.
Educational qualification is relaxable up to 11th passed for the:
- sons/ daughters of serving retired or deceased Delhi Police Personnel/ Multi-Tasking Staff of Delhi Police, and
- Bandsmen, buglers, mounted constables, drivers, dispatch riders, etc. of Delhi Police only.
Male candidates must possess a valid driving license for LMV (Motor Cycle or Car) as on the date of PE&MT. Learner License is not acceptable.
5. SSC Delhi Police Constable Recruitment 2020 – Selection process
The selection process of the SSC GD constable recruitment has 2 stages:
1) Computer-Based Examination (CBE) of 100 marks
2) Physical Endurance & Measurement Test (PE & MT) (Qualifying nature)
3) Medical Examination
5.1 SSC Constable Exam Pattern of Online Test
The SSC CG Computer-based Exam (Online Test) will have 4 sections. details are given in the following table:
|Subject||Number of questions / Marks||Duration/ time allowed|
|General Knowledge/ Current Affairs||50 / 50||90 minutes|
|Reasoning||25 / 25|
|Numerical Ability||15 / 15|
|Computer Fundamentals, MS Excel, MS Word,
Communication, Internet, WWW and Web Browsers etc.
|10 / 10|
*Negative marking – 0.25 marks
5.2 SSC Constable PE & MT requirements
The qualification criteria of Physical Endurance & Measurement Test for Male & Female candidates are given below:
|Event||Male candidates||Female candidates|
|Age||Up to 30 years||Up to 30 years|
|Race: 1600 metre||6 Minutes||8 Minutes|
|Long jump||14 Feet||10 Feet|
The candidate above the age of 30 & 40 will have relaxation. To have a look ta these relaxations along with the measurement requirements, you can download the official SSC constable notification PDF here
6. SSC Constable Delhi Police Application Fee
Fee payable: Rs 100/- (Rs One hundred only).
Women candidates and candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST) and Ex-servicemen (ESM) eligible for reservation are exempted from payment of fees.
Fee can be paid online through BHIM UPI, Net Banking, by using Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, RuPay Credit or Debit cards or in cash at SBI Branches by generating SBI Challan.
Online fee can be paid by the candidates up to 09-09-2020 (2330 Hours). However, candidates who wish to make the cash payment through challan of SBI may make the payment in cash at the Branches of SBI within the working hours of bank up to 14-09-2020 provided the challan has been generated by them before 11-09-2020 (2330
7. SSC Constable Recruitment Delhi Police | Syllabus For Computer Based Examination
The question paper will be of matriculation level:
General Knowledge/ Current Affairs: Question in this component will be aimed at testing the candidate’s general awareness. Questions will also be designed to test knowledge of current events and of such matters of every day observations and experience in their scientific aspect as may be expected of any educated person. The test will also include questions relating to India and its neighboring countries especially pertaining to Sports, History, Culture, Geography, Indian Economy, General Polity, Indian Constitution, Scientific Research, etc. These Questions will be such that they do not require a special study of any discipline.
Reasoning: Analytical aptitude and ability to observe and distinguish patterns will be tested through questions principally of non-verbal type. This component may include questions on analogies, similarities, and differences, spatial visualization, spatial orientation, visual memory, discrimination, observations, relationship concepts, arithmetical reasons and figural classification, arithmetic number series, non-verbal series, coding and decoding, etc.
Numerical Ability: This part will include questions on problems relating to Number Systems, Computation of Whole Numbers, Decimals and Fractions and relationship between Numbers, Fundamental Arithmetical operations,
Percentages, Ratio and Proportion, Averages, Interest, Profit and Loss, Discount, Mensuration, Time and Distance, Ratio and Time, Time and Work. etc.
Computer Fundamentals, MS Excel, MS Word, Communication, Internet, WWW and Web Browsers etc: Elements of Word Processing (Word Processing Basics, Opening and closing Documents, Text Creation, Formatting the Text and its presentation features). MS Excel (Elements of Spread Sheet, Editing of Cells, Function and Formulas), Communication (Basics of E-mail, Sending/ receiving of Emails and its related functions). Internet, WWW and Web Browsers (Internet, Services on Internet, URL, HTTP, FTP, Web sites, Blogs, Web Browsing Software, Search Engines, Chat, Video conferencing, e-Banking).
8. SSC Delhi Constable Resolution of Tie Cases
In the event of a tie in scores of candidates in the Computer Based Examination, such cases will be resolved by applying the following criteria, one after another, until the tie is resolved:
- Marks in Part-A of Computer Based Examination.
- Marks in Part-B of Computer Based Examination.
- Date of Birth, with older candidates, placed higher.
- Alphabetical order of the names of candidates.
We hope you found the information provided above regarding SSC Delhi Police Constable Recruitment for male & female candidates useful. If you have any queries, please do let us know in the comments below.
- Crack IBPS Clerk 2020 Online Course – Join Now
- Join EDGE Courses for Bank Exams – Get personal mentoring by experts
- IBPS PO 2020 Mock Tests – Attempt a Free Mock Test Now
- IBPS RRB PO Mock Test – Attempt a FREE Mock Test Now
- IBPS RRB Assistant Mock Test – Attempt a FREE Mock Test Now
- Guarantee your success in 2020 with SBI PO Titan Course on EDGE + 30 Full-length SBI PO mock tests
- Attempt a Free SEBI Grade A Mock Test here