TNPSC (Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission) conducts Group 4 Exam every year to select the candidates for level 4 positions in various departments of the Tamil Nadu government. TNPSC Group 4 Exam is one of the big recruitment processes awaited by a lot of candidates. Looking at the previous years’ trends, this year’s number of vacancies is expected to be around 10,000. The TNPSC will soon reveal the exact number of vacancies. The candidates having a minimum qualification of 10th can take this exam. In this article, we will go through the TNPSC Group 4 Exam pattern in detail.
The Group 4 exam is conducted to select for the posts like Village Administrative Officer (VAO), Junior Assistant, Bill Collector, Typist, Field Surveyor, Draftsman, Steno etc. in the following services:
- Tamil Nadu Ministerial Service
- Tamil Nadu Judicial Ministerial Service
- Tamil Nadu Secretariat Service
- Tamil Nadu Legislative Assembly Secretariat Service
- Tamil Nadu Survey and Land Records Subordinate Service
Table of Contents
- TNPSC Group 4 Exam Pattern
TNPSC Group 4 Exam Pattern
TNPSC Group 4 Exam has 2 stages:
- Stage 1- Written Test
- Stage 2- Document Verification
TNPSC Group 4 Exam Pattern – Overview
- According to the TNPSC Group 4 Exam Pattern, the exam will be an objective type exam.
- TNPSC Group 4 Exam will be conducted offline, i.e. candidates will have to fill in the OMR sheets.
- In a 3 hours duration, the candidate will have to solve a total of 200 questions.
- As per the TNPSC Group 4 Exam Pattern, the syllabus is divided into 3 sections- General Studies, Aptitude & Mental Ability and General English or General Tamil.
- For the third section of language, the candidates can opt for either General English or General Tamil as per their preference. General Tamil was the most popular choice in the previous years.
|Mode Of Conduction Of The Exam||Offline|
|Type Of Questions||Objective Type|
|Exam Duration||3 Hours|
|Total Number Of Sections In Exam||3|
|Total Number Of Questions||200|
|Subject||Number Of Questions||Marks Per Question||Total Marks|
|Aptitude & Mental Ability||25||1.5||37.5|
|General English/ General Tamil||100||1.5||150|
Marking Scheme Of The Exam As Per The TNPSC Group 4 Exam Pattern
- TNPSC Group 4 Exam has 200 questions.
- The General Studies section comprises 75 questions. Each question is of 1.5 marks.
- Aptitude & Mental Ability, the section comprises 25 questions. Each question is of 1.5 mark.
- The General English/ General Tamil section comprises 100 questions. Each question carries a 1.5 mark.
- So, according to the TNPSC Exam Pattern, the exam will be 300 marks.
- 90 out of 300 are the qualifying marks.
- There will be no negative marking as per the TNPSC Group 4 Exam Pattern.
Exam Syllabus According To The TNPSC Group 4 Exam Pattern
|General Studies||General ScienceCurrent EventsGeographyHistory & Culture Of India & Tamil NaduIndian PolityIndian EconomyIndian National Movement|
|Aptitude & Mental Ability||Mathematical AbilityLogical Reasoning|
|General English/ General Tamil||GrammarLiteratureAuthors & Their Literary Works|
How To Prepare For The Exam According To The TNPSC Group 4 Exam Pattern
Each year, the TNPSC Group 4 Exam level has gone higher due to the competition level. As it is a very popular exam and lots of applications, around 10Lakh-15Lakh are received for a fixed number of seats; thus, bars of recruitment are raised with each passing year. So, candidates need to prepare accordingly to secure their seats. Here we are giving you a few tips and tricks from our experts to clear this exam.
- TNPSC Group 4 Exam preparation requires a focused six months effort.
- Candidates have to thoroughly go through the TNPSC Group 4 Exam Pattern and Syllabus.
- As the exam is of SSLC grade, the candidate must go through Tamil Nadu State Board books or NCERT books of 6th grade to 10th grade.
- Candidates must choose the topics strictly based on TNPSC Group 4 Exam Pattern and Syllabus. Don’t waste time on the topics not mentioned in the syllabus.
- Choose the language you are most comfortable with as your third section option.
- As General Tamil/ General English paper holds almost the same weightage as General Studies, prepare the language paper well, as it is also easy to score.
- For preparing the current events, read the daily newspaper and subscribe to a current event’s magazine.
- Candidates should solve the prior years’ exam papers of the TNPSC Group 4 Exam to assess their level of preparation.
Books To Prepare For TNPSC Group 4 Exam
Our experts have selected a few books as per the TNPSC Group 4 Exam Pattern and Syllabus to help the candidates prepare.
|TNPSC Group 4 Previous Year’s Original Question Papers||All Subjects||Tnpsc|
|Manual For TNPSC Examinations||General Studies||McGraw Hill Publications|
|NCERTIx & X Books/ Tamil Nadu State Board Books (6th- 10th)||General Studies||Ncert|
|A Long Approach To Reasoning- Verbal And Non Verbal||Reasoning Ability||Arihant Publications|
|Quantitative Aptitude For Competitive Examinations||Quantitative Aptitude||S Chand|
|Pothu Tamil Guide||General Tamil||Vikatan Publication/ Sakthi Publication/ Eagle Eye Book Publication|
Hope you found this article on TNPSC Group 4 Exam Pattern informative and useful. In case of any other queries, feel free to contact us @ Oliveboard. Our team experts will be glad to help you.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
No, there is no interview for TNPSC Group 4 Exam.
In the past, General Tamil was opted more by the candidates.
In TNPSC Group 4 Exam, all the questions are set bilingually, i.e. both in English & Tamil. The third section paper on language is set in its respective language.
TNPSC Group 4 Exam preparation can be started with NCERT/ Tamil Nadu State board books of 6th-10th standard.
No, there is no negative marking as per the TNPSC Group 4 Exam Pattern.
- TNPSC JSO Admit Card 2023 Out, Check Direct Link to Download
- TNPSC Group 4 Counselling Dates 2023 Out, Check Complete Schedule
- TNPSC Current Affairs 2022 | Prepare with Oliveboard
- TNPSC Group -2 Study Plan in Tamil- 2 Month Study Plan
- Chera Dynasty | Prepare with Oliveboard
Oliveboard is a learning & practice platform for premier entrance exams. We have helped over 1 crore users since 2012 with their Bank, SSC, Railways, Insurance, Teaching and other competitive Exams preparation.