UPSSSC – The Uttar Pradesh Subordinate Services Selection Commission has released the notification for the PET (Preliminary Eligibility Test) exam 2022. This exam will be conducted for the candidates preparing for Group C posts. In this article, you will come across UPSSSC’s important dates, online application, eligibility criteria, exam patterns, and many more. Read the entire piece to know everything about the UPSSSC PET Exam 2022 and how to prepare for the exam.
Table of Contents
UPSSSC PET Exam 2022 Important Dates
|UPSSSC PET Exam 2022 Important Events||Important Dates UPSSSC PET Exam 2022|
|Starting date of Online registration 2022||28th June 2022|
|Last date to apply for online registration 2022||27th July 2022|
|Last date for payment of application fees 2022||27th July 2022|
|Last date of correction in the application form 2022||28th July 2022|
|Admit card release date 2022||Before Exam|
|UPSSSC PET Exam date 2022||September 2022|
|UPSSSC Result date 2022||To be announced|
Also Read : UPSSSC PET Syllabus & Pattern
UPSSSC PET Exam 2022 Apply Online
The interested candidates willing to give exams can apply for the UPSSSC PET Exam 2022 on the official website of UPSSSC.
Direct Link to Apply- Apply Now
The candidates need to follow series of steps for smooth filing of the application form listed below:
Step 1: Go to the official website of UPSSSC- http://upsssc.gov.in/Default.aspx.
Step 2: From the listed tabs, select “Candidate Registration.”
Step 3: The screen will display the notification of the PET Examination. Now, click on “Apply.”
Step 4: If you are new, complete your registration after creating a login ID and password. Before completing your registration process, ensure that you are aware of all the relevant details and accept the declaration.
Step 5: You need to enter all personal information, including your name, DOB, address, contact, qualification details, etc., to complete your registration.
Step 6: Now, you need to refer to the online application and upload all the required documents/images as the case may be. The format of the photograph must be (jpg/jpeg/png) and signature. The size of the file must be between 5 kb to 30 kb.
Step 7: Proceed to the payment section after submitting the relevant details and pay the fee as applicable.
Step 8: Always Print the application form and keep it for future reference. It is the hardcopy evidence of the application filled.
About UPSSSC PET Exam
The Uttar Pradesh Subordinate Services Selection Commission (UPSSSC) is the state organization authorized to conduct civil service examinations for appointments to various Group C and Group D posts within the state of Uttar Pradesh. UPSSSC was constituted under the provisions of the U.P. Subordinate Services Selection Commission Act 2014 (often shortened to UPSSSC Act 2014) after it was recognized that there was a need for a recruitment drive to attract people to Group ‘C’ and Group ‘D’ positions within the state departments dealing with civil services. PET stands for Preliminary Eligibility Test. Some examinations conducted by the U.P. Subordinate Services Selection Commission from time to time:
- Junior Assistant Examination (Civil Services)
- Stenographer Examination.(Civil Services)
- Clerk (Civil Services)
- Revenue Inspector (Civil Services)
- Junior Engineer (Engineering)
- VDO (Civil Services)
- Lower Subordinate Services (Civil Services)
- Assistant Statistical Officer (Civil Services)
- Revenue Inspector Exam (Civil Services)
- Assistant Accountant & Auditor (Civil Services)
UPSSSC PET Exam Eligibility Criteria
There are eligibility criteria of the UPSSSC PET Exam 2022 in respect to age, and educational qualifications are as follows:
1. Age Limit
The candidate’s age should be between 18 – 40 years as of 1st July 2022. This age limit criterion is applicable for all persons other than those listed below for:
- Other Backward Classes/ Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes: The age limit is relaxed up to 5 years. It means that person belonging to these castes can apply between 18-45 years as of 1st July 2022.
- Sportsperson Candidates: The age limit is relaxed up to 5 years. It means that a person belonging to this category can also apply between 18-45 years as of 1st July 2022.
- Ex-serviceman Candidates: The age limit is relaxed up to 3 years. It means that a person belonging to this category can apply between 18-43 years as of 1st July 2022.
- Physical Handicapped (PWD) Candidates: The age limit is relaxed up to 15 years. It means that a person belonging to this category can apply between 18-55 years as of 1st July 2022.
2. Educational Qualification
The candidates must have completed High School Education (minimum 10th standard) from the recognised board.
UPSSSC PET Exam 2022 Selection Process
UPSSSC has proposed a two-tier examination system for upcoming exams due to the high number of candidates applying for limited posts. The selection process for the upcoming exam is as follows:
- Tier 1 – PET Exam (candidates must score minimum qualifying marks in PET exam)
- Tier 2 – Mains Exam/Physical Test/Skill Test as the case may be.
After the completion of the two-tier examination, the commission will verify the required documents of the candidates.
UPSSSC PET Exam 2022 Pattern
The exam pattern as per the online notification released for the UPSSSC PET Exam 2022 is as follows:
- Mode of Exam: The exam will be conducted in offline mode.
- Type of Examination: It will be an Objective Type Questions Examination.
- Total Number of Questions: A total of 100 questions will be asked in the exam.
- Total duration of exam: Total time allowed will be 2 hours.
- Total Marks: The examination is for 100 marks.
- Negative Marking: There will be a negative marking of 1/4th or 0.25 marks per question for every wrong answer.
UPSSSC PET Exam Marks Distribution Details
The UPSSSC PET exam 2022 will comprise 5 sections:
- General Intelligence
- General Knowledge
|S. No.||Subjects||Number of Questions / Marks|
|3||Indian National Movement||5/5|
|4||Indian Constitution & Public Administration||5/5|
|14||Table Interpretation & Analysis||10/10|
|15||Analysis of Hindi Unread Passage||10/10|
*Each question will be of 1 mark.
DOWNLOAD THE OLIVEBOARD APP FOR ON-THE-GO EXAM PREPARATION
- Video Lessons, Textual Lessons & Notes
- Topic Tests covering all topics with detailed solutions
- Sectional Tests for QA, DI, EL, LR
- All India Mock Tests for performance analysis and all India percentile
- General Knowledge (GK) Tests
Free videos, free mock tests, and free GK tests to evaluate course content before signing up!
Oliveboard is a learning & practice platform for premier entrance exams. We have helped over 1 crore users since 2012 with their Bank, SSC, Railways, Insurance, Teaching and other competitive Exams preparation.
Oliveboard Live Courses & Mock Test Series