Table of Contents
- AFCAT Eligibility Criteria 2023
- AFCAT Eligibility Criteria 2023 – Nationality/ Citizenship
- AFCAT Eligibility Criteria 2023 – Age Limit
- AFCAT Eligibility Criteria 2023 – AFCAT Marital Status
- AFCAT Eligibility Criteria 2023 – AFCAT Educational Qualification
- AFCAT Eligibility Criteria 2023 – Physical Standards
- AFCAT Eligibility Criteria 2023 – Physical Conditions
- AFCAT Eligibility Criteria 2023 – Physical Fitness
- AFCAT Eligibility Criteria 2023 – Tattoos
- AFCAT Eligibility Criteria 2023 – Narcotics
AFCAT Eligibility Criteria 2023
AFCAT Eligibility Criteria 2023 – Candidates must thoroughly review and ensure that they meet all the eligibility criteria specified by the Indian Air Force. In case it is discovered during the verification process, either before or after the written test or SSB test, that candidates do not meet the prescribed eligibility criteria, the Indian Air Force reserves the right to terminate their candidature. Therefore, it is essential for candidates to carefully examine all the eligibility criteria provided in this article before submitting their application for AFCAT-2 2023.
The Indian Air Force (IAF) has issued the AFCAT 2 2023 Notification, and the online registration process began on 1st June 2023. It is important for candidates interested in Indian Air Force recruitment to thoroughly read this article to determine if they meet all aspects of the AFCAT Eligibility Criteria set by the IAF. The article provides detailed information on eligibility criteria regarding nationality, age limit, educational qualifications, and physical standards.
AFCAT Eligibility Criteria 2023 – Nationality/ Citizenship
According to the Indian Citizenship Act 1955, candidates must be citizens of India.
AFCAT Eligibility Criteria 2023 – Age Limit
The Indian Air Force has specified age limits for the flying branch and ground duty. Here are the age limits:
Flying Branch (As of 1st July 2024)
Candidates must be between 20 to 24 years old (born between 2nd July 1998 to 1st July 2004). However, candidates with a valid and current Commercial Pilot License issued by DGCA (India) are eligible for an upper age limit relaxation of up to 26 years (born between 2nd July 1998 to 1st July 2004).
Ground Duty Branch (As of 1st July 2024)
Candidates must be between 20 to 26 years old (born between 2nd July 1998 to 1st July 2004).
AFCAT Eligibility Criteria 2023 – AFCAT Marital Status
Candidates below the age of 25 years must be unmarried at the time of training commencement. Widows, widowers, and divorcees below 25 years are not eligible. Any candidate who marries during the training will be expelled from service and will be required to reimburse the government for all the expenses incurred on their behalf. Married candidates above 25 years of age are eligible to apply, but they will not be provided married accommodation and will not be permitted to live with their family outside the campus during the training period.
AFCAT Eligibility Criteria 2023 – AFCAT Educational Qualification
The article provides post-wise educational qualification criteria. It is crucial for candidates to check the specific educational qualifications required for the Flying Branch in the Air Force.
|Flying Branch||Passed with a minimum of 50% marks each in Maths and Physics at Class 12th.|
Graduation(minimum 3-year degree) in any discipline from a recognized University with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent
Qualified Aeronautical Society of India or section A & B examination of Associate Membership of Institution of Engineers from a recognised University with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent.
BE/B Tech degree from a recognised University with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent.
AFCAT Eligibility Criteria 2023 – Ground Duty (Technical) Branch
Check the educational qualification criteria for Aeronautical Engineer(Electronics) given below in the table:
|Aeronautical Engineer (Electronics)||Passed with minimum 50% marks in both Physics and Maths at Class 12th.|
Graduation/Post Graduation in Engineering/ Technology from recognized University
Qualified in Sections A and B examination of Aeronautical Society of India or Associate Membership of Institution of Engineers (India) or Graduate membership examination of the Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers with a minimum or equivalent of 60% marks in the following disciplines:
Applied Electronics & Instrumentation
Computer Engineering & Application
Computer Science and Engineering/Technology
Electrical and Computer Engineering
Electrical and Electronics Engineering
Electronics Engineering/ Technology
Electronics Science and Engineering
Electronics and Communication Engineering
Electronics and Computer Science
Electronics and/or Telecommunication Engineering
Electronics and/or Telecommunication Engineering (Microwave)
Electronics and Computer Engineering
Electronics Communication and Instrumentation Engineering
Electronics Instrument & Control
Electronics Instrument & Control Engineering
Instrumentation & Control Engineering
Instrument & Control Engineering
Electric Power and Machinery Engineering
AFCAT Eligibility Criteria 2023 – Ground Duty (Technical)
Check the education qualification criteria for Aeronautical Engineer (Mechanical) given below in the table:
|Aeronautical Engineer(Mechanical)||Minimum of 50% marks in each Physics and Math at Class 12th.|
Graduation/Post-graduation in Engineering from recognised University.
Qualified Aeronautical Society of India or Sections A & B examination of Associate Membership of Institution of Engineers (India) by actual studies with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent in the following disciplines:
Aircraft Maintenance Engineering
Mechanical Engineering and Automation
Mechanical Engineering (Production)
Mechanical Engineering (Repair and Maintenance)
Production and Industrial Engineering
Materials Science and Engineering
Metallurgical and Materials Engineering
Aerospace and Applied Mechanics
Rubber Technology and Rubber Engineering
AFCAT Eligibility Criteria 2023 – Ground Duty (Non-Technical) Branches
Candidates applying for Ground Duty (Non-Technical) must check the educational qualification given below in the table:
|Ground Duty (Non-Technical)||Education Qualification|
|Administration||Passed Higher Secondary Examination|
Bachelors Degree with 60% marks in any discipline from a recognised university.
Aeronautical Society of India or section A and B examination of Associate Membership of Institution of Engineers (India) from a recognised university with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent.
|Education||Passed Higher Secondary Examination|
Post-Graduation with 50% marks in any discipline and 60% marks in Graduation in any disciple.
AFCAT Eligibility Criteria 2023 – Meteorology
The educational qualification for meteorology is given below in the table:
|Meteorology||Passed Higher Secondary Examination|
Post Graduate Degree in any Environmental Science/ Applied Physics/ Oceanography/ Meteorology/ Agricultural Meteorology/ Ecology/Science stream/ Mathematics/ Statistics/ Geography/ Computer Applications & Environment/ Geo-physics/ Environmental Biology with the minimum of 50% marks in all papers.
AFCAT Eligibility Criteria 2023 – Physical Standards
The physical standard prescribed by the Indian Air Force is given below:
Please refer to the table below to understand the minimum height requirements for males and females in both the flying and ground duty branches:
|Branch||Minimum Height of Male||Minimum Height Female|
|Flying Branch||162.5 Cms||162.5 Cms|
|Ground Duty Branch||157.5 Cms||152 Cms|
AFCAT Eligibility Criteria 2023 – Physical Conditions
Candidates are required to maintain a good physical condition and should engage in regular training to improve their fitness levels. To prepare for the physical aspects of the selection process, candidates are advised to follow the training routine outlined below:
- 4 Km Running in 15 min
- One set of Push-ups and sit-ups, 20 in each set
- 08 Chin-ups
- 3-4 meters of Rope Climbing
- 25m Swimming
AFCAT Eligibility Criteria 2023 – Physical Fitness
Prior to reporting for the SSB (Service Selection Board) interview at the Air Force Selection Board, it is imperative for candidates to ensure their physical fitness. Candidates must possess the following physical abilities at the time of reporting:
- Endurance: Candidates should be capable of running 1.6 km (1 mile) comfortably. This test assesses their cardiovascular fitness and endurance.
- Upper Body Strength: Candidates must be able to perform 10 consecutive push-ups. This test evaluates their upper body strength, including the muscles in the chest, arms, and core.
- Grip Strength: Candidates should demonstrate the ability to perform 3 consecutive chin-ups. This test measures their upper body strength, particularly in the arms, back, and shoulders.
AFCAT Eligibility Criteria 2023 – Tattoos
- Permanent tattoos are generally not allowed, except for tattoos on the inner face of forearms and the reverse side of the palm of both hands. Candidates with tattoos in these permitted areas will be required to sign a self-declaration certificate.
- Small tattoos depicting religious symbols or names of loved ones are allowed, as long as they do not violate military discipline.
- Tribal candidates may be permitted to have tattoos based on their specific customs and traditions, subject to individual assessment.
AFCAT Eligibility Criteria 2023 – Narcotics
- The consumption of intoxicants is strictly prohibited.
- Candidates who are found to have consumed intoxicants during their training or service career will be disqualified from joining the Indian Air Force (IAF). If such candidates have already joined, they will be removed from the service.
- 27 September Current Affairs 2023 in English
- SBI PO Exam Date 2023 Out, Know the Schedule
- Indian Equestrian Dressage Team Wins Gold after 41 Years at Asian Games 2023
- IBPS RRB PO Mains Result 2023 Out, Direct Link to Download
- Delhi Police Constable Syllabus 2023 and Exam Pattern, Complete Details
DOWNLOAD THE OLIVEBOARD APP FOR ON-THE-GO EXAM PREPARATION
- Video Lessons, Textual Lessons & Notes
- Topic Tests covering all topics with detailed solutions
- Sectional Tests for QA, DI, EL, LR
- All India Mock Tests for performance analysis and all India percentile
- General Knowledge (GK) Tests
Free videos, free mock tests, and free GK tests to evaluate course content before signing up!
Ans. The qualifications for flying branch and ground duty(tech and non-tech) are different. Check the education qualification given on this page for all the branches of AFCAT.
No, candidates who passed 12th with a science background and have required graduation degrees are eligible for AFCAT.
|AFCAT Selection Process 2023||SSC JE Answer Key 2023|
|NHPC JE Recruitment 2023 Notification Out||SSC JHT Exam Centers 2023|
|SSC JHT Result 2023||SSC JHT Cut Off 2023|
Sindhuja is a passionate content writer with a strong background in preparing for various state exams and defence examinations. Drawing on her own experiences as an aspirant, she brings valuable insights and expertise to her writing. With a keen understanding of exam patterns, syllabus, and effective study techniques, Sindhuja creates engaging and informative content to assist fellow aspirants in their preparation journey. Her dedication to accuracy and clarity ensures that candidates find convenience and reliability in her work. As a content writer, she aspires to empower others with the knowledge and guidance needed to excel in their respective exams and achieve their dreams.