Bihar Public Service Commission (BPSC) conducts Bihar Judiciary Examination every year to recruit Bihar Civil Judges. The exam is divided into three stages, and each stage has a separate cutoff list. The candidate needs to score more than the cutoff and secure the minimum qualifying marks to advance to the next stage. After the examination, the Bihar Judiciary Cutoff is released on its official website.
The Bihar judicial services examination is held in the following three stages:
- STAGE I- Preliminary Exam– (Objective type).
- STAGE II- Mains Exam– (Written)
- STAGE III- Interview
Table of Contents
- Bihar Judiciary Minimum Qualifying Marks
- Bihar Judiciary Exam 2021- Prelims Cutoff:
- Bihar Judiciary Exam 2021- Mains Cutoff:
- How To Download Bihar Judiciary Cutoff Marks
- Factors Affecting The Bihar Judiciary Cutoff
- Bihar Judiciary Preliminary Exam- Pattern
- Preliminary Examination Pattern:
- Bihar Judiciary Mains Exam- Pattern
- FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Bihar Judiciary Minimum Qualifying Marks
The candidate must score above the minimum qualifying marks in both prelims and mains to qualify for the final level. This is an additional condition put forth by the commission, along with the cutoff marks. The minimum qualifying marks for different categories are tabulated here:
|CATEGORY||MINIMUM QUALIFYING MARKS|
|GENERAL (PHYSICALLY DISABLED)||40%|
Bihar Judiciary Exam 2021- Prelims Cutoff:
Besides scoring above the qualifying marks, candidates also need to score more than the cutoff in prelims. The cutoff marks for the prelims of Bihar judiciary exam 2021 have already been released. These marks are calculated out of 250 marks. The candidate needs to get above the cutoff to qualify for the mains exam.
Bihar Judiciary Cutoff of prelims 2021 was as follows:
Bihar Judiciary Exam 2021- Mains Cutoff:
The BPSC conducted Bihar judicial services’ mains exams from 24th July 2021- 28th July 2021. The candidate needs to score above the cut off to get shortlisted for the interview process. The final cutoff is still awaited. So here we have an expected cutoff list, calculated based on previous years’ cutoff trends. Bihar judiciary cutoffs vary for male and female candidates.
The expected Bihar Judiciary Cutoff mains 2021 is as follows:
|CATEGORY||CUTOFF MARKS (EXPECTED)|
*Note that it is an estimation, not the final cutoff list.
How To Download Bihar Judiciary Cutoff Marks
Follow the below-mentioned steps to check out the Bihar Judiciary Cutoff marks:
- Visit the official website of the Bihar Public Service Commission
- On the homepage, there will be a notification board with many current notifications.
- Find the ‘Bihar judiciary cutoff’ link and click it.
- The site will direct you to a pdf download option.
- Download the pdf and check the category wise cutoff details.
Factors Affecting The Bihar Judiciary Cutoff
Bihar Judiciary Cutoff is decided by the Bihar Public Service Commission and is based on various factors. The factors affecting the Bihar Judiciary Cutoff are as follows:
- The number of vacancies available.
- The number of candidates who appeared in the exam compared to the number of applications.
- The difficulty level of the set exam in Prelims and Mains.
- The previous years’ cutoff
DOWNLOAD THE OLIVEBOARD APP FOR ON-THE-GO EXAM PREPARATION
- Video Lessons, Textual Lessons & Notes
- Topic Tests covering all topics with detailed solutions
- Sectional Tests for QA, DI, EL, LR
- All India Mock Tests for performance analysis and all India percentile
- General Knowledge (GK) Tests
Free videos, free mock tests and free GK tests to evaluate course content before signing up!
Bihar Judiciary Preliminary Exam- Pattern
All the candidates have to first appear for a preliminary exam which is for screening purposes. The Prelims have two objective type papers, and the candidate has to score out of a total of 250 marks.
Preliminary Examination Pattern:
|OBJECTIVE TYPE||I||GENERAL STUDIES||100|
Bihar Judiciary Mains Exam- Pattern
The mains exam accounts for a total of 1050 marks. There are two mains exams that a candidate needs to qualify for being eligible in Stage III, i.e. Interview.
- Compulsory papers
- Optional papers
Compulsory papers– English & Hindi are both mandatory papers, and a candidate needs to score a minimum of 30 marks to qualify them.
|ELEMENTARY GENERAL SCIENCE||100|
|GENERAL KNOWLEDGE & CURRENT AFFAIRS||150|
|LAW OF EVIDENCE & PROCEDURE||150|
Optional papers- A candidate has to attempt only 3 papers out of 5 given below.
|CONSTITUTIONAL LAW OF INDIA & ENGLAND||15O|
|HINDU LAWS & MOHAMMADAN LAWS||150|
|TRANSFER OF PROPERTY ACT, PRINCIPLES OF EQUITY, LAW OF TRUST AND SPECIFIC RELIEF ACT||150|
|LAW OF CONTRACT AND TORTS||150|
Thanks for reading the article. I hope you found it informative and all your queries about the Bihar Judiciary Cutoff are cleared. For any more doubts, reach out to us at Oliveboard. We would be glad to help.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Qualifying marks are the minimum marks a candidate needs to score to qualify for the exam. Cutoffs are the marks of the last candidate getting selected to move on to the next stage.
No Bihar Judiciary Cutoff varies every year.
The result of the Bihar judiciary exam 2021 is expected to come in December 2021.
- Bail in Case of Non-Bailable Offence
- Bihar Judiciary Answer Key-Steps To Download, Calculating Marks
- Important Judgements For Judicial Services Examination
- Article 21: Important Judicial Decisions On Different Dimensions Of Article 21
- Attorney General for India vs Satish & Another – Summary