The Exam for the Bihar Judicial Services is conducted through the Bihar Public Service Commission (BPSC) by the Patna High Court. There are a total of 221 vacancies for different posts that need to be filled. This exam takes place in a total of three stages namely Preliminary Exam, Main Exam, and Interview. The person who is interested in appearing in the exam must be well aware of the Bihar Judiciary Salary & Bihar Judiciary Job Profile of the various posts offered under the Bihar Judiciary. The various details regarding the same have been given below.
Table of Contents
Bihar Judiciary Salary
The Salary details have been given below in the table post wise –
|Post||Current salary||Proposed salary|
|First-class Magistrate/Junior civil judge||Rs.27700 to Rs.44700||Rs.77840 toRs 136520|
|Junior civil judge/First class Magistrate, Assured career progression (ACP) after first 5 years||Rs.33090 to Rs.45850||Rs.92960 to Rs.136520|
|Junior civil judge/First class Magistrate,II Assured career progression 5 years after first ACP||Rs.39530 to Rs.54010||Rs.111000 to Rs 163030|
|Senior civil judge||Rs.39530 to Rs.54010||Rs.111000 to Rs 163030|
|Senior civil judge Assured career progression (ACP) after first 5 years||Rs.43690 to Rs.56470||Rs.122700 to Rs. 180200|
|Senior civil judge, II Assured career progression 5 years after first ACP||Rs.51550 to Rs.63010||Rs.1,44,840 to Rs. 1,94,660|
|District Judge||Rs. 51,550 to Rs. 63,070||Rs. 1,44,840 to Rs. 1,94,660|
|District Judge Selection Grade after 5 years of Entry Grade||Rs. 57,700 to Rs. 70,290||Rs. 1,63,030 to Rs. 2,19,090|
|District Judge Super Time Scale- 3 years after Selection Grade||Rs. 70,290 to Rs. 76,450||Rs. 1,99,100 to Rs. 2,24,100|
Here ACP stands for Assured Career Progression
DOWNLOAD THE OLIVEBOARD APP FOR ON-THE-GO EXAM PREPARATION
- Video Lessons, Textual Lessons & Notes
- Topic Tests covering all topics with detailed solutions
- Sectional Tests for QA, DI, EL, LR
- All India Mock Tests for performance analysis and all India percentile
- General Knowledge (GK) Tests
Free videos, free mock tests and free GK tests to evaluate course content before signing up!
Allowances given to Bihar Judicial Officers
Besides salary Bihar Judiciary are given certain allowances namely:
- House rent allowance
- Dearness allowance
- Medical allowance
- Conveyance allowance
- Child education allowance
- Specific location allowance
- Higher qualification allowance
- Electricity and water charges
- Newspaper and magazine allowance etc.
Along with this other perks such as Security such as gunmen and home guards are provided as per the level of the judicial officers. Also, the judicial officers are also provided with areas for residential accommodation, funds for general maintenance of offices and staff residences, and additional grants.
Bihar Judiciary Job Profile
The Bihar Judiciary Job Profile of different posts have been given below in detail –
- Job Profile of Senior Division Civil Judge – Also called the Sessions Judge or the Sub Judge, they have to deal with both the types of cases such as Original Petitions filed under special acts as well as the appeal from the district.
- Job Profile of Civil Judge – Also called the District Munsif or the Judicial Magistrate, they are responsible for dealing with criminal and civil cases.
- Sessions Judge or the District Judge – This post is the Upper Post in the Subordinate Judiciary. They are responsible for dealing with the sessions case committed by Judicial Magistrate, other special cases under Special Acts, Criminal Appeals from Judicial Magistrate, criminal and civil cases, appeals from the senior division of the Bihar Civil Judge.
We hope the candidates who are interested in appearing in the exam must have become aware of the salary and job profile of the various posts offered under the Bihar Judiciary. We hope the article would have provided all the details about Bihar Judiciary Salary & Bihar Judiciary Job Profile. For any queries, contact us at Oliveboard.
Frequently Asked Questions
There are a total of 221 vacancies for different posts offered under the Bihar Judiciary.
The exam for the different posts of Bihar Judiciary takes place in a total of three stages namely Preliminary Exam, Main Exam, and Interview.
A High Court Judge receives a basic salary of Rs. 80,00 per month.
The Senior Division Civil Judge will get Rs. 21,000 per month.
They are responsible for dealing with the sessions case committed by JM, other special cases under Special Acts, Criminal Appeals from JM, criminal and civil cases, appeals from the senior division of the Bihar Civil Judge.
Also called the District Munsif or the Judicial Magistrate, they are responsible for dealing with criminal and civil cases.
- Bail in Case of Non-Bailable Offence
- Bihar Judiciary Answer Key-Steps To Download, Calculating Marks
- Important Judgements For Judicial Services Examination
- Article 21: Important Judicial Decisions On Different Dimensions Of Article 21
- Attorney General for India vs Satish & Another – Summary