CAT 2018 Exam Result was out on 5th of January 2019 and the Exam was Scheduled on 25th of November 2018. The CAT Exam is somewhere held in November every year. So we can probably say that there are more than 8 months for CAT 2019 Exam. If you are someone who is aiming at CAT 2019 Exam, it is high time that you pull up your socks and get ready for the percentile battle. It is always better to start early for the preparations as starting early gives you enough time for learn, practice and test yourself, besides it helps you find the right study material for your exam preparations. In this blog we will help you know how to cover the entire CAT Quant Syllabus for CAT 2019 Exams. Read the blog for the complete syllabus for CAT Quant. First of all let us know the entire CAT Quant syllabus in its entirety before we tell you how to prepare for it.
CAT Quant Syllabus for CAT 2019 Exam
CAT Quant syllabus can be broadly divided into these 5 given topics which are:
- Number System
- Modern Math
Subtopics that need to be covered under the topic of Number System are:
- Base Systems
- Basics of Numbers
- Divisibility and Factors
- Divisibility Rules
- Finding Out Last Digit
- Finding Out Last Two Digits
- Finding out Remainders
- Highest Common Factor and Lowest Common Multiple
- Number of trailing zeroes
- Properties of Numbers
- Special cases of Factorials – Highest Power in a prime, rightmost non-zero digit
Subtopics that need to be covered under the topic of Arithmetic are:
- Basic Concepts
- Boats and Stream
- Escalator Based Questions
- Linear and Circular Races
- Mean Median Mode
- Mixtures and Alligations
- Pipes and Cisterns
- Profit and Loss
- Ratio and Proportion
- Relative Speed
- Simple and Compound Interest
- Time and Work
- Time Speed and Distance
Subtopics that need to be covered under the topic of Algebra are:
- Basics Algebraic Formulae
- Descartes Rule of Signs
- Finding out roots
- Higher Degree Equations
- Linear Equations
- Maxima and Minima
- Modifications of graphs
- Number of integer solutions
- Problems on ages
- Quadratic Equations
- Smallest value in a maximum function
Subtopics that need to be covered under the topic of Geometry are:
- Area, Angles
- Co-ordinate Geometry
- Lines and Angles
- Similar Triangles
- Solids / Mensuration – 3D Geometry
- Special Triangles (30-60-90, 45-45-90, 30-30,120)
- Triangles – Basic Concepts
Subtopics that need to be covered under the topic of Modern Maths are:
- ‘At least n’ type of problems
- Binomial Theorem
- Distribution of Objects
- Fundamental Principles of Counting
- Maxima and Minima related to values in a set
- Permutation and Combination
- Problems based on Grids
- Rank of a word in a dictionary
- Sequence and Series
- Set Theory
- Venn Diagram based on 2 / 3 sets
- Venn Diagram based on 4 sets
How to cover the CAT Quant Syllabus?
The first and the foremost thing that you can do if you are a beginner with respect to CAT 2019 preparations is get your fundamentals clear. Clear your basic conceptual knowledge of each of the above topics taking any of the CAT recommended books. After you are done with the basics, start practicing meticulously. CAT Exam is all about practicing different types of questions and being able to solve them using concepts within the stipulated time.
Here are some important tips that you should keep in mind.
- Improve Concept Clarity.
- Make a judicious study plan and stick to it.
- Practice from past year papers.
- Note important formulae and tricks that you think are important with respect to the Exam
- Revise these Formulae sheet after regular intervals so that you are thorough with it and they are on your finger tips.
- After you are done with the learning and practicing phase, it is very important to take time bound Tests that are strictly as per the original exam pattern and give you a clear picture of your performance in the test.
- At last but not the least, analyse the Mock test that you take. Analyzing the Mock Tests is as important as taking the test itself. Give it its due importance.
- Analyzing helps you know your strong as well as your weak areas. After this you can work on topics that you find yourself weak in thus improving your overall performance in the next Mock Test that you take.
Hope this blog for CAT 2019 Quant Syllabus Preparation helps you all.
All the best for your preparation journey!
- IBPS Clerk 2021 Mock Test: Attempt Now
- IBPS PO 2021 Mock Test: Attempt Now
- SBI PO 2021 – Attempt Free Mock Test Here
- यहाँ पर नि: शुल्क UP पुलिस एसआई मॉक टेस्ट के लिए रजिस्टर करें
- यहाँ पर नि: शुल्क राजस्थान Gram Sevak मॉक टेस्ट के लिए रजिस्टर करें
- यहाँ पर नि: शुल्क UP Lekhpal मॉक टेस्ट के लिए रजिस्टर करें