The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) has released the official notification for IBPS SO for the year 2019 with 1100+ vacancies for various Specialist Officer Scale I Posts – IT Officer, Agricultural Field Officer, Rajbhasha Adhikari, Law Officer, HR/Personnel Officer and Marketing Officer. As you prepare for the exam, it is advisable to know about the IBPS SO Salary, job profile, career growth and responsibilities which you may need to fulfil if you get selected for the post.
IBPS SO Salary & Job Profile: Post-wise Details
IBPS SO Job Profile Post-wise Responsibilities
IBPS SO IT Officer
- Proper flow of networks
- Smooth functioning of bank software
- Eradicating security threats
- Updating software from time to time
- Handling banking technical problems
- Testing and evaluation of new technology and more
IBPS SO Agricultural Field Officer
- Promotes banks’ loan products in rural areas, particularly among farmers.
- Meets and maintain good relationship with farmers and thereby generate Leads
- Conducts pre-loan sanction inspection
- Follows up in case of recovery of loans
- Ensures the proper recovery of loan
- Getting the acknowledgement of debt
IBPS SO – Rajbhasha Adhikari
- Promotes Hindi in the bank
- Translation of Documents into Hindi
- Arranging Training Programmes on official language
- Ensures official language of the union is used in communications along with English
IBPS SO – Marketing Officer
- Takes care of all the marketing and promotional activities in a given state/region or nationwide
- Responsible for conceptualizing and design of advertisements, taking the banks message to masses
- Co-ordinates with advertisement agencies in order to draft various forms of communication
- Develops various marketing strategies and plans to boost up sales and profits.
- Looks for new services and Products of the Banks
IBPS SO – Law Officer
- Deals with documentation work within a bank
- Checks the sanctions imposed by the bank and make sure all the relevant documents are executed.
- Guides practising lawyers who represent the bank in case of any litigation
IBPS SO – HR / Personnel Officer
- Handles the training and induction of new employees, circulate appraisal forms, form leave schedules, creation of salary accounts, etc.
- Conducts recruitment interviews, address labour laws, employee promotions and other critical human resource-related activities
- Manages industrial relations, performance and promotion policy
The above clarifies the roles and responsibilities of IBPS SO in different areas. By now, you might have a clear idea on the speciality area that is suitable for you and which specialist officer you should opt for. Providing details around selection procedure, exam pattern and career growth below.
IBPS SO Salary – Perk & Allowances
A Specialist Officer’s (Scale I) salary includes Basic pay of Rs. 23,700/- They have a pay scale in the range of – 23700-980(7)-30560-1145(2)-32850-1310(7)-42020.
IBPS SOs are eligible for perks like:
- Dearness Allowance.
- House Rent Allowance.
- Transport Allowance.
- Newspaper reimbursement.
- Hospitalization reimbursement.
- Deputation Allowance.
- PF Allowance.
IBPS SO Salary: Career Growth
Specialist Officers (SO) are given ample opportunities to get promoted to higher-level based upon their performances. Find below the hierarchy followed at the time of promotion:
Junior Management Grade Scale 1 – Officer/ Assistant Manager.
Middle Management Grade Scale 2 – Manager.
Middle Management Grade Scale 3 – Senior Manager.
Senior Management Grade Scale 4 – Chief Manager.
Senior Management Grade Scale 5 – Assistant General Manager.
Top Management Grade Scale 6 – Deputy General Manager.
Top Management Grade Scale 7 – General Manager.
That is all from us in this blog on IBPS SO Salary, Job Profile & Promotion. Keep checking this space for all the latest IBPS and other Banking Exam updates. All the best.
- 100+ Free Mock Tests
- Oliveboard Mobile App
- Oliveboard’s discuss forum
- Oliveboard Telegram Group
- Download BOLT – FREE monthly general awareness Ebook