The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) is going to conduct the IBPS SO 2016-17 Exam on 28th and 29th of this month for the recruitment of IT Officers in Banks. The Exam Date of IBPS SO Exam is fast approaching. While a lot of you may already be in the mid of your preparation, most of you may still be clueless about where to start.
While it is important to practice questions from every topic under the IBPS SO IT Officer 2016-17 Exam Syllabus, it is equally important to prepare smartly by strategizing your preparation.
Therefore, in the following article we are providing you tips to schedule your IBPS SO IT Officer Exam Preparation and also details of IBPS SO It Officer Detailed Exam Syllabus & IBPS SO It Officer Exam Pattern.
IBPS SO IT Officer 2016-17 Exam Pattern
|Sr. No||Name of the section||No of Questions||Marks||Duration (Mins)|
The above tests except the test of English Language will be available bilingually i.e. English and Hindi
*Only qualifying. Marks obtained will not be added for merit listing for interview.
Tips to prepare for IBPS SO IT Officer 2016-17 Exam
1. Gather the required IBPS SO IT Officer Study Material
- Go through the IBPS SO It Officer Exam Syllabus & ideally gather previous years’ IBPS SO IT Officer Question papers and IBPS SO IT Officer Online Study Material.
- Analyzing IBPS SO IT Officer Previous Year Question Papers will give you a brief idea about the kind of questions that can appear in the upcoming exam and their difficulty levels and also help you understand the solving process.
- Make sure the IBPS SO IT Officer Study Material you gather is reliable, up-to-date, and accurate & contains all the topics under the IBPS SO It Officer 2016-17 Exam Syllabus.
2. Brush up basics in Quant, Reasoning & English Language
Once you’re done gathering your IBPS SO It Officer Study Material, start brushing up your basics in English Language, Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning and Professional Knowledge topics.
- Learn Tables, Basic and Advanced Formulas and Shortcuts (if any). It’s a good idea to maintain a Practice Workbook for Quant to make a note of all the important formulas, shortcuts and concepts. This workbook will come in handy during the revision before your exam.
- Go through Math Books of 8th to 10th grades to brush up your fundamentals for IBPS SO It Officer Exam.
- This is also a good time to practice making Mental Calculations. This will help you save time during your exam.
Important topics in Quant for IBPS SO It Officer Exam:
- Pie Chart
- Profit & Loss
- Bar Graph
- Quadratic equations
- Data Sufficiency
- SI & CI
- Number System
- Ratio & proportion
- LCM & HCF
- Time & distance
- Time, Work & Wages
- Line graph
- Reasoning tests your logical thinking and mental alertness. Reasoning questions are broadly based on making choices based on scientific/logical thinking. It is a skill that needs to be developed and mastered over time with consistent & regular practice.
- Practice by solving Crossword Puzzles, Online Puzzles, Sudoku and other brain teasers that force you to think logically.
- Refer to Previous Years’ IBPS SO It Officer Question Papers to find out the type of questions you can be asked and practice them.
Important topics in Reasoning for IBPS SO It Officer Exam:
- Verbal Reasoning
- Seating Arrangement
- Input Output
- Statement & Argument
- Making Judgment
- Data Sufficiency
- Blood Relation
- Series Completion
- Letter & symbol series
- Finding missing figure
- Number Series
- Vocabulary and Grammar: Focus on English Vocabulary and Grammar the most, as most of the topics and questions that appear in the exam are broadly associated with English Grammar/Vocabulary.
- Read: Take out time every day to read. Read online and read a variety of text like Newspapers, Articles, Novels, Magazines, etc. You can expect a passage from any kind of topic under Reading Comprehension section of English Language. Keep a dictionary handy while you’re reading and if you don’t understand a word, look it up immediately.
Important Topics in English Language for IBPS SO It Officer Exam:
- Reading Comprehension
- Unseen passages
- Error Spotting
- Synonyms & Antonyms
- Sentence correction
- Cloze test
- Fill in the blanks
Click here to check out the Complete IBPS SO IT Officer Professional Knowledge Syllabus and Weightage.
3. Check where you stand
- Once you are done practicing questions from all the sections sufficiently, it’s time to check where you stand, determine your speed and accuracy in various topics and identify your weak areas.
- Do this by taking an IBPS SO IT Officer Mock Test Online.
- Focus and practice more questions from your weak areas to master them.
- While you’re focusing on the weak areas, do not completely neglect the strong areas. Practice adequate number of questions from your strong areas.
- Set a timer during your practice sessions to check how much time you’re taking to solve each question and attempt to solve the same in lesser time.
5. Improve Speed and Accuracy
During the final week of your IBPS SO IT Officer Exam Preparation focus on improving your Speed and Accuracy. The following steps will help you prepare a custom study plan that will help you improve your speed and accuracy in IBPS SO IT Officer Exam:
Step 1: Take an IBPS SO IT Officer 2016-17 Mock Test
Step 2: Analyze your performance in the IBPS SO IT Officer Mock Test using the analytics tool. Analyzing your performance will help you determine your speed and accuracy and identify your weak areas in IBPS SO IT Officer Exam Syllabus
Step 3: Use this information to device a custom study plan for the IBPS SO IT Officer Exam
We’re providing you a table for your reference:
|Name of the section||Speed & Accuracy||Plan|
|List of topics in which you have good speed and accuracy.||Focus less on this area and dedicate relatively lesser time on these topics, but solve sufficient number of problems so that you don’t lose touch.|
|List of topics in which you have bad speed and accuracy.||Focus most on these topics and dedicate most of your time here. Practice as many problems as possible.|
Step 4: Follow your custom study plan for the next two days, focusing on improving your weak areas in IBPS SO IT Officer Exam and making your strong areas stronger.
Step 5: Once you have practiced sufficiently take another IBPS SO IT Officer Mock Test
Repeat the steps 1 to 5 until you have mastered all the topics under IBPS SO IT Officer Exam Syllabus.
Things to remember during your Exam
- Absolutely avoid guess work during the exam and only answer a question if you’re confident about the answer.
- If a particular question is taking time to answer, ‘mark it for review’ and come back to it later.
- Attempt to clear the sectional cut offs and at the same time increase your overall score to clear the overall cut off.
- Keep a tab on the time since IBPS SO IT Officer 2016-17 Exam has sectional timings.
Click here to check out the IBPS SO IT Officer Job Profile, Description, Responsibilities, Salary, Career Prospects & Promotions.
We hope the above strategy helps you prepare effectively for your IBPS SO IT Officer 2016-17 Exam.
We wish you all the best for your exam.