The IBPS SO Preliminary Examination is scheduled on 29th and 30th December 2018. With hardly two months remaining for the prelims, we hope you have already started your preparation. For your assistance, today we bring to you 50 Days IBPS SO Study Plan for Prelims 2018 (IT Officer, Agriculture Field Officer, HR/Personnel Officer and Marketing Officer). This plan will help you prepare for the exam in a systematic and structured way ensuring you don’t miss any important topics and score well in the exam. Let’s glance through the IBPS SO Prelims (IT Officer, Agriculture Field Officer, HR/Personnel Officer and Marketing Officer) exam pattern first:
IBPS SO Prelims Exam Pattern
50 Days IBPS SO Study Plan – Prelims 2018
You can use this plan to study and revise for the IBPS SO exam. There is Practice Test after each topic to ensure that one concept is clear before moving to the next. The study plan is designed in such a way that you can easily cover each topic by allotting sufficient amount of time every day.
IBPS SO Prelims 2018 | 50 Day Study Plan |
|Day 1||IBPS SO Prelims | Mock Test 1||Day 26||Probability Concepts|
|Take The Diagnostic Mock | Spend Time Analyzing Your Peformance | Identify Strengths & Weaknesses||Probability Practice Test|
|Day 2||Seating Arrangements Concept||Day 27||Alphanumeric Series Concepts|
|Seating Arrangements Practice Test||Alphanumeric Series Practice|
|Day 3||Reasoning Puzzles Concepts||Day 28||Problems on Ages Concepts|
|Reasoning Puzzles Practice Test||Problems on Ages Practice Test|
|Day 4||Number Series Concepts||Day 29||Para-jumbles Concepts|
|Number Series Practice Test||Para-jumbles Practice Test|
|Day 5||Simplification/ Approximation Concepts||Day 30||Permutation and Combination Concept|
|Simplification/ Approximation Practice Test||Permutation and Combination Practice Test|
|Day 6||Reading Comprehension Concept||Day 31||Fillers Test Level 1, 2 and 3|
|Reading Comprehension Practice Test||DI – Table level 1, and 2|
|Day 7||Cloze Test Concept||Day 32||Sentence Joining Level 1, 2 and 3|
|Cloze Test Practice Test||DI – Caselets level 1 and 2|
|Day 8||Error Spotting Concepts||Day 33||Vocabulary Level 1 and 2|
|Error Spotting Practice Test||DI – Chart and Graph Level 1 and 2|
|Day 9||Inequality Concepts||Day 34||Quantity Comparison Level 1 and 2|
|Inequality Practice Test||Coding Decoding Level 1, 2, and 3|
|Day 10||Syllogism Concepts||Day 35||Mensuration level 1 and 2|
|Syllogism Practice Test||Analytical Reasoning level 1 and 2|
|Day 11||Input-Output Concepts||Day 36||Quant Sectional Test 1|
|Input-Output Practice Test||English Sectional Test 1|
|Day 12||Data Sufficiency Concepts||Day 37||Quant Sectional Test 2|
|Data Sufficiency Practice Test||Reasoning Sectional Test 1|
|Day 13||Quadratic Equations Concepts||Day 38||English Sectional Test 2|
|Quadratic Equation Practice Test||Quant Sectional Test 3|
|Day 14||Averages, Mixtures and Alligation Concepts||Day 39||Reasoning Sectional Test 2|
|Averages, Mixtures and Alligation Practice Test||English Sectional Test 3|
|Day 15||Profit & Loss Concepts||Day 40||Reasoning Sectional Test 3|
|Profit & Loss Practice Test||Quant Sectional Test 4|
|Day 16||Simple & Compound Interest Concepts||Day 41||English Sectional Test 4|
|Simple & Compound Interest Practice Test||Reasoning Sectional Test 4|
|Day 17||Time, Speed & Distance Concepts||Day 42||IBPS SO Prelims Mock Test 2|
|Time, Speed & Distance Practice Test||Complete & Detailed Analysis | Remedial Topic Tests|
|Day 18||Sentence Improvement/ Correction Concepts||Day 43||Reasoning Revision|
|Sentence Improvement/ Correction Practice Test||IBPS SO Prelims Mock Test 3|
|Day 19||Critical Reasoning Concepts||Day 44||English Revision|
|Critical Reasoning Practice Test||IBPS SO Prelims Mock Test 4|
|Day 20||Blood Relations Concept||Day 45||Quant Revision|
|Blood Relations Practice Test||IBPS SO Prelims Mock Test 5|
|Day 21||Direction Sense Concept||Day 46||High Level Reasoning Test|
|Direction Sense Practice Test||IBPS SO Prelims Mock Test 6|
|Day 22||Order And Ranking Concept||Day 47||Quant Sectional Test|
|Order & Ranking Practice Test||IBPS SO Prelims Mock Test 7|
|Day 23||Percentages & Partnership Concepts||Day 48||English Sectional Test|
|Percentages & Partnership Practice Test||IBPS SO Prelims Mock Test 8|
|Day 24||Ratio & Proportion Concepts||Day 49||IBPS SO Prelims Mock Test 9|
|Ratio & Proportion Practice Test||Complete & Detailed Analysis | Remedial Topic Tests|
|Day 25||Time & Work Concepts||Day 50||IBPS SO Prelims Mock Test 10|
|Time & Work Practice Test||Complete & Detailed Analysis | Remedial Topic Tests + Revision|
As you can notice, the IBPS SO study plan recommends taking mocks intermittently throughout the course of your preparation. It is so for the following reasons:
- Taking mocks in the beginning would help you gauge the level of your preparation and would help you strategize your further preparation accordingly.
- While taking mocks it’s advisable to work on your attempt and question selection strategy. Knowing your strengths and weaknesses would be useful in devising these.
- Taking mocks will also help you assess your speed and accuracy levels and will help you get accustomed to the duration and pattern of the test.
Analyzing Mocks – How to do it properly
In the study plan, mock tests are recommended almost every day, especially towards the end. Analysing mocks is as important as attempting them. Unless you analyse your performance, your preparation strategy won’t be fruitful. Here’s how to analyse mocks properly.
- Review the Wrong Questions. Find where your concept or approach went wrong. Click on “Review Wrong” and this takes you through solutions of only the wrong attempts.
- Attempt the Un-attempted ones. You can take an un-timed test of only the Un-attempted questions in the mock test. Click on “Review Un attempted” and this allows you to attempt all the ones left unanswered.
- Review the Correct Answers. Check if there were better solutions or approaches to the one you adopted.
- Practice tests from your Weak Areas. Oliveboard’s Adaptive Engine figures the top three areas that you need to work on the most based on your performance data and gives you lessons and tests on those topics. After each mock test, find new lessons + tests on your weak areas by visiting the “Improve” section.
- Analyse Graphs. These are detailed reports on your time spent & accuracy section-wise, along with bench-marking reports on your score and percentile.
Steps to Attempt IBPS SO Mock Tests :
- Login to Oliveboard
- Attempt IBPS SO Free Mock Tests
- Do Exam Analysis
- Get Expert Feedback on Weak Areas
- Compare Topper’s Time
- Take Revision Test
All the best!
Preparing for IBPS Clerk also? Join IBPS Clerk Cracker Course at ₹ 0
Attend Oliveboard’s Free Live Classes to ace IBPS Clerk 2018
What is included?
- Live Classes
- Live Practice Sessions
- Live Doubt Clearing Sessions
- Recorded Videos