Table of Contents
ICMR Assistant Notification
ICMR has invited applications for the 80 Assistant posts for which the registration date was 3rd December 2020. Now that the registration is over, it’s time for candidates to have a keen look at the ICMR Assistant Syllabus and Exam Pattern. These two factors are the most important things to be aware of while preparing for the ICMR Assistant exam. The ICMR Assistant selection will be done via an online written test and a skill test with 80% and 20% weightage respectively. The candidates need to buckle up for the ICMR Assistant Recruitment Examination scheduled on 03/01/2021. To help aspirants do that, here is the quick view of the ICMR Assistant syllabus and the exam pattern to consolidate your preparation.
ICMR Assistant Syllabus – Overview
The ICMR Assistant syllabus include topics on General Intelligence, General Awareness, Quantitative Aptitude (Basic Arithmetic Skills), English Language (Basic Knowledge). Find the detailed ICMR Assistant Exam syllabus below.
- The ICMR Assistant Online Test will be conducted for 80 Marks consisting of MCQs
- 80% marks/weightage will be for the written/Computer Based Test (MCQs).
- There will be a negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer.
- Marks scored by candidates in Computer Based Test will be normalized. Normalized scores will be used to determine final merit and cut -off marks.
For the purpose of normalization, VH candidates will be considered only with the candidates of the main shift.
- For VH candidates of 40% and above visual disability, there will be no component of Maps / Graphs/ Diagrams / Statistical Data in the General Intelligence / Quantitative Aptitude subjects.
ICMR Assistant Syllabus
Here is the detailed and indicative ICMR Assistant Syllabus for Computer Based Test and Exam Pattern to kick-start your preparation for the upcoming exam. Question papers will be in English language only and may be picked up from among the following subjects/specialities.
General Intelligence Syllabus for ICMR Assistant Exam would include questions of both verbal and non-verbal type. This component may include questions on analogies, similarities and differences, space visualization, spatial orientation, problem-solving, analysis, judgment, decision-making, visual memory, discrimination, observation, relationship concepts, arithmetical reasoning and figural classification, arithmetic number series, non-verbal series, coding and decoding, statement conclusion, syllogistic reasoning, etc.
The topics covered in ICMR Assistant Syllabus for Reasoning section are –
- Semantic Analogy,
- Symbolic/Number Analogy,
- Figural Analogy,
- Semantic Classification,
- Symbolic/ Number Classification,
- Figural Classification,
- Semantic Series,
- Number Series,
- Figural Series,
- Word Building,
- Coding & de-coding,
- Numerical Operations, symbolic Operations,
- Space Orientation,
- Space Visualization,
- Venn Diagrams, drawing inferences, punched hole/ pattern – folding & un-folding,
- Figural Pattern – folding and completion,
- Address matching, Date & city matching,
- Classification of centre codes/ roll numbers,
- Small & Capital letters/ numbers coding, decoding and classification,
- Embedded Figures,
- Critical thinking,
- Emotional Intelligence,
- Social Intelligence,
- Other sub-topics, if any.
DOWNLOAD THE OLIVEBOARD APP FOR ON-THE-GO EXAM PREPARATION
- Video Lessons, Textual Lessons & Notes
- Topic Tests covering all topics with detailed solutions
- Sectional Tests for QA, DI, EL, LR
- All India Mock Tests for performance analysis and all India percentile
- General Knowledge (GK) Tests
Free videos, free mock tests and free GK tests to evaluate course content before signing up!
Questions on General Awareness asked in ICMR Assistant Exam will be designed to test the general awareness of the environment and its application to society.
- Questions will also be designed to test knowledge of current events and of such matters of everyday observations and experience in their scientific aspect as may be expected of any educated person.
- The test will also include questions relating to India and its neighboring countries especially pertaining to
- Economic Scene,
- General Polity & Scientific Research.
The quantitative aptitude questions will be designed to test the ability of appropriate use of numbers and number sense of the candidate. The ICMR Assistant Exam syllabus for Quantitative Aptitude test will include following list of topics :-
- Computation of whole numbers
- fractions and
- relationships between numbers,
- Ratio & Proportion,
- Square roots,
- Profit and Loss,
- Partnership Business,
- Mixture and Alligation,
- Time and distance
- Time & Work,
- Basic algebraic identities of School Algebra & Elementary surds,
- Graphs of Linear Equations,
- its various kinds of centres,
- Congruence and similarity of triangles,
- angles subtended by chords of a circle,
- common tangents to two or more circles,
- Regular Polygons,
- 3D Geometry
- Right Prism,
- Right Circular Cone,
- Right Circular Cylinder,
- Rectangular Parallelepiped,
- Regular Right Pyramid with triangular or square base,
- Trigonometric ratio,
- Degree and Radian Measures,
- Standard Identities,
- Complementary angles, Heights and Distances,
- Histogram, Frequency polygon, Bar diagram & Pie chart.
English language section of the ICMR Assistant Exam tests the candidates’ ability to understand
- Correct English,
- Their basic comprehension and
- Writing ability, etc. would be tested.
ICMR Assistant Exam Pattern
Here is a tabular view of the question pattern of ICMR Assistant Exam Pattern for the online test – Objective Section.
- Exam Duration – 80 minutes
- Number of Questions- 80
- Maximum Marks- 80
|Subject||No. of Questions||Max. Marks|
|Quantitative Aptitude (Basic Arithmetic Skills)||20||20|
|English Language (Basic Knowledge)||20||20|
ICMR Assistant Recruitment 2020 – Important Dates
Here are the important dates for the recruitment of Circle Based Officers in ICMR.
|Item(s) / Activities||Timeline (s)/ Remarks|
|Opening date for online registration for filling up of online application on PGIMER’s / ICMR’s websites www.pgimer.edu.in and www.icmr.nic.in.||07/11/2020|
|Closing date for online registration & submission of online applications||03/12/2020|
|Opening date for availability of admit cards for downloading from PGIMER’s & ICMR’s websites||21/12/2020|
|Date for Computer Based Test (CBT) for 80 Marks||03/01/2021|
ICMR Assistant Exam Date
ICMR Assistant Exam date is 3rd Jan 2021. The exam will be a computer based test (CBT) for 80 marks. Here is a free ICMR Assistant Mock Test.
ICMR Assistant Syllabus – FAQs
The ICMR Assistant syllabus include topics on General Intelligence, General Awareness, Quantitative Aptitude (Basic Arithmetic Skills), English Language (Basic Knowledge). Find the detailed syllabus here.
Opening date for availability of ICMR Assistant admit cards for downloading from PGIMER’s & ICMR’s websites is 21st December 2021.
The ICMR Assistant Online Test will be conducted on 3rd January 2021.
The online exam will have a total of 80 questions related to General Intelligence, General Awareness, Quantitative Aptitude, English Language with 20 questions each.
Total Marks given for ICMR Assistant Exam – 80
The exam will be conducted for 80 minutes.
Yes, 0.25 mark will be deducted for an incorrect response.
That’s what we have for the blog ICMR Assistant Syllabus and Exam Pattern. Leave us a comment in case you have any question regarding the topic.
Oliveboard is a learning & practice platform for premier entrance exams. We have helped over 1 crore users since 2012 with their Bank, SSC, Railways, Insurance, Teaching and other competitive Exams preparation.