Ordnance Factory Recruitment 2020 is out for ITI & Non-ITI Category. Online applications are invited from Indian citizens for engagement of 56th Batch (for Non-ITI & ITI candidates) of Trade Apprentices under the Apprentices Act 1961 and amendments thereof in Ordnance & Ordnance Equipment Factories located in different States across India. The number of vacancies is approx. 6060 including 3847 ITI and 2219 Non-ITI, as part of OFB’s Skill India Mission.
Important Note: Candidates who have already applied through the Government of India portal, www.apprenticeship.gov.in are necessarily required to re-apply through the link given on the OFB website: www.ofb.gov.in.
- Ordnance Factory Recruitment 2020 – Important Dates
- Ordnance Factory Recruitment 2020 – Vacancies
- Ordnance Factory Recruitment 2020 – Eligibility Criteria
- Ordnance Factory Recruitment 2020 – Selection Procedure
- Oliveboard Edge 2020 – Online Exam Preparation
Ordnance Factory Recruitment 2020 – Important Dates
- Submission of Online Application Starts from 10/01/2020
- Closing date of submission of Online Application: 09/02/2020(11.59 pm)
Ordnance Factory Recruitment 2020 – Vacancies
The number of vacancies is approximately 6060 including 3847 ITI and 2219 Non-ITI, as part of OFB’s Skill India Mission.
Ordnance Factory Recruitment 2020 – Eligibility Criteria
Between 15 to 24 years as on 09.02.2020.
As on the date of notification i.e. 31/12/2019
a. For Non-ITI Category – Should have Passed Madhyamik (class X std or equivalent) as on date of notification for applying with minimum 50% marks in aggregate and with40% marks in Mathematics and Science each.
b. For ITI Category – Should have passed relevant trade test from any institute recognized by NCVT or SCVT or any other authority specified through Gazette notification of Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship/Ministry of Labour and Employment with duration as per the Apprentice Act 1961 plus passed Madhyamik / Class X std or equivalent (Minimum 50% aggregate marks both in Matriculate / Class X std and ITI). The relevant trade to be considered will be strictly on the basis of Schedule I of Apprentice Act 1961 (and amendments thereof).
Ordnance Factory Recruitment 2020 – Selection Procedure
Mode of Selection:
Selection will be done on the basis of merit list. The merit list will be prepared separately for NON-ITI and EX-ITI category.
The merit list for NON-ITI category will be prepared factory-wise on the basis of the overall percentage of marks in madhyamik or matriculation (Class X standard or equivalent), aggregate in all subjects and irrespective of Board.
For NON-ITI category, a factory -wise common merit list will be prepared and the trades will be allotted by each factory on Meritcum-choice basis after selection.
The Merit List for Ex-ITI category will be prepared factory-wise and trade-wise, on the basis of a simple average of the percentage of marks both in Matriculation and ITI (minimum 50% in aggregate in each).
For the purpose of calculation of the percentage of matriculation, marks obtained by the candidates in all subjects will be taken to account and for calculation of the percentage of ITI marks, marks mentioned in the provisional/final certificate will be taken.
The aggregate marks obtained by the candidates in Madhyamik (Class X or equivalent) shall be considered irrespective of Board / Exam System and shall be considered as per percentage formula of that Board / Exam System only. Based on the vacancy position, select lists will be prepared and only provisionally selected candidates will be called for document verification and medical examination.
Duration of Training:
For Non-ITI and ITI candidates: Duration of Training period shall be as specified in the Apprentice Act, 1961, Apprenticeship Rules 1992 and amendments thereof. However, for ex-ITI candidates, training period will be reduced as per schedule I of Apprentice Act, 1961 and Apprenticeship Rules 1992 and amendments thereof in the respective trade.
The minimum stipend per month shall be paid to the trade apprentices (as per the provision of sub-rule(1) of rule 11 of the Apprenticeship Rules, 1992). According to the Trade Apprentice Act 1961 & as per The Gazette notification of India, G.S.R. 680(E), Part-ll-Section 37-Sub-section(i) Dtd. September 22, 2014 year wise entitlement of present stipend is appended below. (Time to time amendments via Gazette notification will also
regulate the stipend).
- During 1st year of training – 70% of minimum wages of Semi-Skilled workers notified by the respective state or Union Territory.
- During 2nd year of training – 80% of minimum wages of Semi-Skilled workers notified by the respective state or Union Territory.
- During 3rd year of training – 90% of minimum wages of Semi-Skilled workers notified by the respective state or Union Territory.
For all other detailed information, refer to the official notification.
Oliveboard Edge 2020 – Online Exam Preparation
Unlimited Access: Any Course, Any Time
1. Now don’t wait for any exam notification to come. Start preparing for it whenever you want.
2. The earlier you start, the better it would be.
3. Short term courses or the long term courses, choose what you need.
- IBPS RRB PO Mock Test – Attempt a FREE Mock Test Now
- IBPS RRB Assistant Mock Test – Attempt a FREE Mock Test Now
- Guarantee your success in 2020 with SBI PO Titan Course + 30 Full length SBI PO mock tests
- Attempt a Free SEBI Grade A Mock Test here
- UPSC EPFO EO 2020 – Attempt Free Mock Tests now
- Prepare for Railway RRB NTPC Exam – Take a Free Mock Test