The announcement for the recruitment drive for the filling of the vacancies to 560 posts of Punjab Police Sub Inspector was made on 6 July 2021 via Advt. No. 1 of 2021. Candidates can access all details regarding the recruitment drive and even the online filing of the application at the following website address of the Recruitment Portal. Punjab Police/Punjab Government can increase or decrease the number of posts at any time prior to the completion of the process of recruitment without any prior notice being given to candidates. This blog covers all the important information on Punjab Police SI Salary and Job Profile.
The start of online application filling for the Punjab Police Sub Inspector post began on 6th July 2021 at 4 pm. The last date for filling the online application form for the Punjab Police Sub Inspector post was 27 July 2021 at 11.55 pm. Any application that is received post 27 July 2021, 11.55 pm, will not be considered.
Table of Contents
- Punjab Police SI Salary
- Punjab Police SI Job Profile
Punjab Police SI Salary
It is a good practice for candidates to become acquainted with the Punjab Police SI Salary before applying for the post. With this information in hand, you will have a fair idea of how much you will earn from this appointment during the years of your career in this job. Also, keep track of the job profile for Punjab Police Sub-Inspector so that you know all the tasks and responsibilities attached to this post. With the information in hand on Punjab Police SI Salary and Punjab Police SI Job Profile, you can decide whether or not the salary is appropriate for the job profile and if you would like to apply for the position.
Here are the salary-related facts and information associated with the post of Punjab Police Sub Inspector.
- The salary of the Punjab Police Sub Inspector appointments made during the 2021 recruitment drive is to be paid based on the 7th pay commission.
- The salary for the Punjab Police Sub Inspector appointed through the recruitment drive for 2021 will be between Rs. 10,300.00 and Rs. 34,800.00, as well as Rs. 4,600.00 grade pay.
- All appointed candidates will have to serve a three-year-long probation period. During the period of probation, the appointees will receive only minimum admissible pay.
- Other than the minimum pay admissible, all decisions associated with allowances will be made later.
- When the Report of the 7th Pay Commission is received, this pay matrix will not be revised.
Also Read: Punjab Police SI Exam
Punjab Police Sub Inspector Salary Annual Package
- The candidates appointed to the Punjab Police sub Inspector position in the recruitment drive 2021 will be paid a salary based on the 7th pay commission.
- For the position of Punjab Police Sub Inspector, the salary scale is from Rs. 10,300.00 to Rs. 34,800.00.
- The average annual salary of a Punjab Police SI totals between Rs. 1,23,600.00 and Rs. 4,17,600.00.
Punjab Police Sub Inspector Allowances
All candidates appointed to the post of Punjab Police Sub Inspector will receive salary and additional allowances. The information to note here is that these allowances are not all applicable during the 3 years period of probation (or more, if extended). Of all the allowances, the only allowance applicable in the period of probation and given to the appointees is the Travel Allowance (TA). Here is a list of allowances that form part of a Punjab Police Sub-Inspector pay package after the probation period of the appointee is complete.
Allowances Given to a Punjab Police Sub Inspector
|Dearness Allowances (DA)|
|Home Rental Allowances (HRA)|
|Medical Treatment Expenses|
|Travel Allowances (TA)|
Punjab Police Sub Inspector Salary In Hand
The salary in hand for a Sub Inspector with the Punjab Police will be fixed based on the 7th pay commission, and additionally, there will be allowances and periodic raises. The range of the basic salary in hand is between Rs. 10,300.00 and Rs. 34,800.00, and in addition, there is an Rs. 4,600.00 grade pay.
DOWNLOAD THE OLIVEBOARD APP FOR ON-THE-GO EXAM PREPARATION
- Video Lessons, Textual Lessons & Notes
- Topic Tests covering all topics with detailed solutions
- Sectional Tests for QA, DI, EL, LR
- All India Mock Tests for performance analysis and all India percentile
- General Knowledge (GK) Tests
Free videos, free mock tests, and free GK tests to evaluate course content before signing up!
Punjab Police Sub Inspector Benefits and Perks
In addition to the salary in hand and the allowances, several benefits and perks are available to a Sub Inspector with Punjab Police. Given below is a list of the same.
- Earned Leave
- Medical Care
- Night-Shift Allowance
- Pension Benefit
- Social Insurance
- TDB and PDB
- Unemployment Compensation
Punjab Police SI Probation Period
There is a period of three years for which a new appointee Punjab Police Sub Inspector has to serve before being declared to have become permanent. This period of three years is referred to as the period of probation. After the three-year-long probation period has been completed, the Sub Inspector gains eligibility for availing of perks and benefits and allowances attached with the post of a permanent Sub Inspector with Punjab Police. The candidate is considered a regular employee and enjoys all the benefits and perks that accrue to the department’s permanent employees. During the three years of probation, the candidate does not get grade pay, annual increments, or any allowances other than Travel Allowance.
Punjab Police SI Job Profile
Several responsibilities and responsibilities rest on the shoulders of a Sub Inspector of the Punjab Police. It is good to know about these before applying for the post of Punjab Police Sub Inspector. The following list displays the tasks, duties, responsibilities, and authority associated with a Punjab Police SI Job Profile:
- Making arrests with and even without a warrant
- Search an individual; their vehicle/premises
- Demand to be shown necessary documents at the time of investigation
- Registering an FIR against an individual
- Investigate every case under the Indian Penal Code, along with any special laws sanctioned by the Parliament, or state laws
- Make use of force for the dispersal of an unruly mob to restore law and order.
Punjab Police Sub Inspector Promotion and Career Path
Those candidates whose performance in their job is excellent will generally become eligible to move up to the next higher position. This process is referred to as becoming eligible for the promotion. This higher post could, for example, be the post of an Inspector. Along with the promotion, the candidate will become eligible for the increased pay, benefits, perks, and allowances associated with that higher post. Candidates, once appointed, can be deployed/posted within Punjab, India, or anywhere in the world, as ordered by the Director-General of Police, Punjab, or an officer with this authority. There is no lien or right vested in the candidate for a particular area/district/place, within or beyond the Punjab State, so far as this posting/deployment is concerned.
Before you apply for the Punjab Police Sub Inspector post, it will be a good idea for you to check out the Punjab Police SI Salary and Punjab Police SI Job Profile. It will help you know what tasks and responsibilities you will have to perform and the compensation you receive.
A Punjab Police Sub Inspector earns a monthly salary starting at Rs. 10,300.00 to Rs. 34,800.00.
The period of probation for a Sub Inspector in Punjab Police is three years.
The following list enumerates the tasks, responsibilities, etc., of a Punjab Police Sub Inspector.
Arrest with and even without a warrant
Search an individual; their vehicle/premises
Demand to be shown necessary documents at the time of investigation
Registering an FIR against an individual
Investigate every case under the Indian Penal Code, along with any special laws sanctioned by the Parliament, or state laws
Make use of force for the dispersal of an unruly mob to restore law and order.
Oliveboard is a learning & practice platform for premier entrance exams. We have helped over 1 crore users since 2012 with their Bank, SSC, Railways, Insurance, Teaching and other competitive Exams preparation.