Both the Papers (Paper-1 & Paper-2) of the SEBI Grade A 2020 Phase-2 exam for the Generalist post got conducted on the 27th of February 2021 and Phase-1 on the 17th of January 2021. The exam was conducted in a single shift. SEBI Grade A 2020 Notification was announced sometime in March 2020 and the exam got postponed due to the Coronavirus Pandemic. We have asked aspirants about their exam experience and here we share with you the detailed SEBI Grade A Exam Analysis 2020 for both the Papers of Phase-1 & Phase-2.
- SEBI Grade A Exam Analysis 2020 – Phase-2
- SEBI Grade A Exam Analysis 2020 – Phase-1
- SEBI Grade A Preparation 2020
SEBI Grade A Exam Analysis 2020 – Phase-2
Listen to what the expert has to say about the Phase-2 examination.
As per the reviews and feedback shared by students who took the SEBI Grade A Phase-2 exam on the 27th of Feb 2021, it was evident that the paper was different when we compare it with SEBI Grade A Phase-1 conducted on the 17th of Jan 2021.
What was the overall difficulty level of the exam?
- The paper was of moderate difficulty level. But if you do not have a grip on the fundamentals, you might find it more on the difficult side.
- As the students reported that Descriptive English Writing paper wherein students had to type the answers, was a little troublesome.
- The writing interface was a bit uncomfortable for the students.
Essay Writing Topics (Word Limit = 200 Words):
- Importance of teamwork
- Fake News
- Technology to detect financial crimes
- Pros & cons of mergers and acquisitions of companies
Reading Comprehension (5 Questions)
- Regarding the concept of money
Precis’Writing (170 Words)
- Behavioural finance
Decent Score in Paper-1 – 65-75 Marks
There was a good mix of questions in paper-2 from all the sections.
- Numericals – 8-11 Questions (no calculator was provided)
- Concept-Based – 25-29 Questions
- Fact-Based – 10 Questions Approx
The options given were tricky. You could do it your concepts are clear.
SEBI Grade A Exam Analysis 2020 – Phase-1
Listen to what the expert has to say about the Phase-1 examination.
Before starting the analysis part let us first have a look at the SEBI Grade A Exam Pattern that was released in the Information Handout released by SEBI.
SEBI Grade A 2020 Exam Pattern
|Paper||Streams/Subjects||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Cut Off||Duration|
|Paper 1 for all Streams||General Awareness||20||25||30%||60 minutes|
|Test of Reasoning||20||25|
|Paper 2||General Stream: Multiple choice questions on subjects Commerce, Accountancy, Management, Finance, Costing, Companies Act, and Economics.||50||100||40%||40 minutes|
|Legal, Information Technology, Engineering Stream (Civil & Electrical), Official Language stream: Multiple choice questions on Specialized subjects related to the stream.||50||100||40%||40 minutes|
|Research Stream: Multiple choice questions on subjects Economics, Econometrics, Statistics, Finance, and Commerce.||50||100||40%||40 minutes|
*As per the latest Handout by SEBI
SEBI Grade A Exam Analysis – Phase-1 – Paper-1
|Topics Asked||Difficulty Level||
|Quantitative Aptitude||1. 2 DI – 8 to 10 Questions
2. Wrong Number Series -5
3. Arithmetic Questions on Mixtures & Allegations, Mensuration, Time Work & Distance, Ages
|Easy to Moderate||10-12/ 20|
|English Language||1. Reading Comprehension (Passage) – 7-8 Questions
2. Find the Correct Statements – 3 Questions
3. Jumbled Sentences – 4 Questions
4. Error Detection – 3 Questions
5. Fill in the Blanks – 3 Questions
|Reasoning Ability||1. 2 Puzzles – 11 Questions
2. Inference Based Questions – 2
3. Syllogisms – (5 easy)
4. Miscellaneous Questions – 2
|General Awareness||Most of the questions were from Nov-Dec Current Affairs
1. Personalities in News
2. Important Days
3. Banking Related Ques.
4. Factual Information from SEBI Notifications from the SEBI website
5. Government Schemes
6. Finance & Economy News
7. Financial Awareness
SEBI Grade A Exam Analysis – Phase-1 – Paper-2
No. of Questions Asked
|Commerce & Accountancy||Income Statement & Balance Sheet||7-8|
|Companies Act||No. of Schedule||3|
|Economics||Very Basic Questions||3-4|
|Computer||Very Basic Questions||3|
|Government Schemes||Social Issues||2|
SEBI Grade A Preparation 2020
SEBI Grade A Online Course 2020
Are you preparing for SEBI 2020 Exam? Worried about Paper 2 Subjects ( Commerce & Accounting, Companies Act, Finance & Management & Economics). Have a look at the complete course offerings below.
- All New SBI PO 2021 Selection Batch: Join Now
- IB ACIO Tier 2 – Descriptive English Crash Course – Join Now
- यहाँ पर नि: शुल्क उत्तर प्रदेश पुलिस एसआई मॉक टेस्ट के लिए रजिस्टर करें
- Join SBI Clerk Selection Batch: Live Classes, Practice Sessions & Mock Tests
- Mission SSC CGL 2020-21 Crash Course + Test Series: Join Now
- JK Bank Mains – Crash Course + Mock Tests – Join Now