Read the success story of Shikhar Dwivedi, who kept his options open by studying for all the banking exams together. He suggests that you should not focus only on one exam, prepare for all. Just study and the job will be yours.
Inspiring success story of Shikhar Dwivedi
Hello, my name is Shikhar Dwivedi. I am a voluble person, born and brought up in Kanpur to a policeman. I went to DPS for basic schooling and then did B.Tech. Mechanical. Worked with Byju’s and Codeyoung as sales manager.
I started my journey back in October 2019, after quitting the first job I worked on my basics, and soon it was February before I could lift my head up. And then in March, we all saw the lockdown so I was worried that What will happen now? Will exams happen? Can I clear them?
Hence, I landed in another job to be secured for some time and then it was October 2020. 1 year passed NO progress but soon exam season started, I again quit my job (all this while, I was practicing as my base was already made back in 2019 end and early 2020). Then 2021 gave me the best gift, first cleared all mains RRB Office Assistant, RRB Officer Scale 1, SBI PO, IBPS PO, and SBI Clerk 2020.(88.50 in SBI Clerk). Finally got selected for my 2nd preference RRB OS1, missed SBI PO in final merit.
Subject-wise Preparation Strategy of Shikhar
I just read to the max of my strength, some days it was 2 hours, someday it was 4-5, read good books, articles, Aeon essays, the guardian. Also solved 4 RC and 2 cloze tests daily.
After the pre result was out, I focused on Oliveboard Bolt (banking in news), Oliveboard videos and that’s it, it helped a lot. I didn’t follow any sources on a daily basis.
- Oliveboard BOLT Current Affairs in Hindi  – Monthly PDF capsule
- BOLT – Monthly Current Affairs PDF | For Banking, SSC, Railway, UPSC Exams
- Static GK BOLT For Government Exams – Free General Knowledge PDF Notes
10 basic puzzles, 2 mains puzzles, and 3 previous year paper/mock test papers in offline mode I solved on a daily basis.
DI by Arun Sharma that’s what I followed. In arithmetic, I didn’t put much effort, just solved memory based/ practice sets (3) on a daily basis for pre level and 2-3 DI daily for mains.
Computer: Just read Oliveboard Free Ebooks.
DOWNLOAD THE OLIVEBOARD APP FOR ON-THE-GO EXAM PREPARATION
- Video Lessons, Textual Lessons & Notes
- Topic Tests covering all topics with detailed solutions
- Sectional Tests for QA, DI, EL, LR
- All India Mock Tests for performance analysis and all India percentile
- General Knowledge (GK) Tests
Free videos, free mock tests and free GK tests to evaluate course content before signing up!
Role of Oliveboard in Shikhar’s Success
BOLT series videos and PDF came as a savior. Overcome my fear of GK and crossed the section with a good lead.
Shikhar’s Tips or advice for Aspirants
Just study, the job is yours. Don’t focus on just 1 exam, prepare for all. Study and study, that’s it. Motivation comes from within, don’t find it in someone else.
- JKPSC Assistant Registrar Recruitment 2021 | 91 Vacancies Announced!
- IBPS RRB Cut Off Analysis | Last 5 Year Cut off Trend for Officers and Office Assistants
- SSC MTS Salary 2021 – Pay-scale | Allowances | Promotions
- Top 10 Free ebooks For IBPS RRB PO/ Clerk 2021 | Download Now
- Weekly Current Affairs 2021 | Download PDF For All Government Exams
- Success Story of Dushyant Teotia | Cleared IBPS RRB PO 2020