‘General Awareness’ is one of the scoring sections asked in competitive exams because the questions are direct and factual. Majority of questions in this section are based on Current Affairs, making it crucial to update it regularly. To help you do that Oliveboard provides daily, weekly as well as monthly current affairs updates to keep your prep on track. But we know that practising is as important as preparing it, hence, we have come up with Weekly Current Affairs Quiz Series where you get to brush up the weekly news by practising a few questions around it. Here’s the Weekly Current Affairs Quiz 2019 – Dec 21 to Dec 27 for the past two weeks:
- Weekly Current Affairs Quiz 2019 – Dec 21 to Dec 27
- Q.1. Braille Edition of book named Exam Warriors was launched by _______
- Q.2. Which Indian Bank has signed an agreement with German development bank KfW for USD 277 million to establish an energy-efficient housing program in India.
- Q.3. Who has won the DSC Prize for South Asian Literature 2019?
- Q.4. The Minister of Electronics and Information Technology, Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad launched National Broadband Mission, aims to provide broadband access to all villages in the country by which year?
- Q.5. Which of the following Indian State has launched Jalsathi programme to ensure supply of safe drinking water?
- Q.6. Which of the following has won for the Corporation Indian Green Energy Award 2019 instituted by the Indian Federation of Green Energy?
- Q.7. Which of the following has signed a bilateral memorandum of understanding with Kazakhstan-based Astana Financial Services Authority (AFSA) for mutual co-operation and technical assistance?
- Q.8. Shiv Bhojan scheme is recently launched by which state?
- Q.9. Who has been honoured with prestigious Army Design Bureau Excellence Award for indigenously developing Sarvatra Kavach?
- Q.10. Who has recently announced his retirement from tennis in 2020?
- Q.11. Which State topped in the Composite Ranking of big states in the Good Governance Index 2019?
- Q.12. Which State topped in the Composite Ranking of northeast & hill states in the Good Governance Index 2019?
- Q.14. Which big state topped in the Agriculture & Allied Ranking as per Good Governance Index 2019?
- Q.15. Who has been appointed as first woman Chief Technology Officer at the US government’s powerful Federal Communications Commission?
Weekly Current Affairs Quiz 2019 – Dec 21 to Dec 27
Q.1. Braille Edition of book named Exam Warriors was launched by _______
a) Thaawarchand Gehlot
b) Narendra Modi
c) Amit shah
d) Venkaiah Naidu
e) Pranab Mukherji
- Union Minister for Social Justice and Empowerment Thaawarchand Gehlot
- book authored by Prime Minister Narendra Modi
- It has been printed by Braille Press of ‘Rajasthan Netraheen Kalyan Sangh’ in Jaipur.
a) Exim Bank
d) State Bank of India
e) Bank of Baroda
- India, Germany ink pact for Rs 1,958 crore finance to develop energy-efficient housing program
Q.3. Who has won the DSC Prize for South Asian Literature 2019?
a) Ashok Lahiri
b) Amitav Ghosh
c) Arundhati Bhattacharya
d) Sudha Murti
e) Amitabha Bagchi
- For his novel: Half the Night is Gone
- It is awarded annually to writers of any ethnicity or nationality writing about South Asia themes such as culture, history, people or politics.
- DSC Prize is worth US $25,000
- Facilitate universal and equitable access to broadband services for across the country and especially in rural and remote areas
- Significantly improve the quality of services for mobile and internet
c) Tamil Nadu
- CM Naveen Patnaik distributed water quality testing kits and POS (point of sale) machines to women volunteers being called Jalasathis.
- Earlier, the state government had also engaged women self-help groups (SHGs) under Mission Shakti, for collection of power dues, paddy procurement, mid-day meal preparation activities.
a) Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency Ltd
b) Power Grid Corporation of India
c)Rashtriya Ispat Nigam Limited
d) Rural Electrification Corporation
e) Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited
- The 7.5 MWp Solar Photo Voltaic Plant functioning in BHEL Tiruchi
- The award in the category ‘Outstanding Renewable Energy Generation Projects (Solar) was presented by Nitin Gadkari, Union Minister of Road Transport and Highways and MSME.
a) Exim Bank
- The MoU was signed by SEBI Chairman Ajay Tyagi and the acting chief executive officer (CEO) of AFSA Mukhtar Bubeyev.
- The objective of pact is to strengthen cross border co-operation in the area of securities regulation.
Q.8. Shiv Bhojan scheme is recently launched by which state?
d) Madhya Pradesh
- The Shiv Bhojan scheme incur an expenditure of Rs 6.4 crore for starting a pilot project that will run for three months.
- The canteen will be started at district headquarters.
- Shiv Bhojan thali available at Rs 10 each
a) Major Anoop Mishra
b) Major Vipin Sinha
c) Major Karam Pratap Singh
d) Major Ranveer Singh
e) None of these
- Sarvatra Kavach: a bulletproof jacket that can provide protection against various ammunition including that from sniper steel bullets.
- Presently posted as Instructor: College of Military Engineering, Pune
- Honoured by Indian Army Chief Gen. Bipin Rawat
Q.10. Who has recently announced his retirement from tennis in 2020?
a) Leander Paes
b) Roger Federer
c) Rafael Nadal
d) Mahesh Bhupathi
e) Sania Mirza
- Leander will look for one final flourish at Tokyo Olympics next year.
- He has made 7 appearances in a row at the Olympics making him the only tennis player ever to do so.
- He has won 8 doubles and 10 mixed doubles Grand Slam titles.
Q.11. Which State topped in the Composite Ranking of big states in the Good Governance Index 2019?
a) Tamil Nadu
e) Andhra Pradesh
e) Himachal Pradesh
Q.13. Which big state topped in the Human Resource Development Ranking of Good Governance Index 2019?
b) Tamil Nadu
Q.14. Which big state topped in the Agriculture & Allied Ranking as per Good Governance Index 2019?
c) Uttar Pradesh
d) Madhya Pradesh
a) Monisha Ghosh
b) Anjana Roy
c) Ivana Ervik
d) Angelina Matthews
e) None of these
- She will advise Indian American Chairman of the FCC Ajit Pai and the agency on technology & engineering issues
- She replaces Dr Eric Burger.
That’s all from us in the Weekly Current Affairs Quiz 2019 – Dec 21 to Dec 27. Watch the GA Genius Video by Aditya Sir provided below to know about these current events in detail.
- 100+ Free Mock Tests
- Oliveboard Mobile App
- Oliveboard’s discuss forum
- Oliveboard Telegram Group – Join our Telegram page for discussion and study materials
- Download BOLT – Our Monthly General Awareness free e-book
- Crack IBPS Clerk 2020 Online Course – Join Now
- Join EDGE Courses for Bank Exams – Get personal mentoring by experts
- IBPS PO 2020 Mock Tests – Attempt a Free Mock Test Now
- IBPS RRB PO Mock Test – Attempt a FREE Mock Test Now
- IBPS RRB Assistant Mock Test – Attempt a FREE Mock Test Now
- Guarantee your success in 2020 with SBI PO Titan Course on EDGE + 30 Full-length SBI PO mock tests
- Attempt a Free SEBI Grade A Mock Test here