Table of Contents
Use Of CTET:
The Central Board of Secondary Education, i.e. CBSE administers the CTET. The full form of CTET is the Central Teachers Eligibility Test. Most of the students are perplexed about how to obtain a teaching job after passing the CTET exam. Individuals who have passed the test and are interested in learning how to get a teaching job should go through this article carefully as we will be providing you with detailed information regarding the CTET Exam and the importance of its certificate.
The CTET, or Central Teacher Eligibility Test, is held twice a year by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE). The exam for this year has been postponed, but they will hold it as soon as the circumstances allow.
Among the other teaching exams, the CTET is regarded as one of the most difficult. The CTET test has a very low qualification rate. So, if you got a good grade, it means you’re one of a few students with a good chance of getting a job in a government or private school.
The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) conducts the CTET Central Teacher Eligibility Test twice every year. This year’s exam has been postponed, but the exam will be conducted as soon as the situations become conducive.
CTET Certificate Lifetime Validity:
The CBSE has issued an official notification regarding the CTET Certificate’s lifetime validity. Candidates can visit the official website at https://ctet.nic.in/ to get the most up-to-date information on the CTET Certificate’s validity. The CTET exams are designed to provide national standards and benchmarks for teacher quality in the selection process.
The Ministry of Education has finalized the notice for the TET Certificate’s lifetime validity extension. Previously, the CTET Certificate was valid for up to seven years from the result declaration date. The decision is a piece of good news for candidates who already have a CTET Certificate but were unable to apply for teacher recruitment due to the validity of the certificate expiring after seven years.
Certificate Use And Importance:
As you are all aware, a CTET certificate is the minimum requirement for employment as a teacher. As a result, after passing the CTET exam, you are qualified to work as a government teacher. After receiving the certificate, you can apply for open positions at various schools. The following are some of the most important aspects of the CTET certificate:
1. A CTET certificate is a minimum requirement for a central government teaching job, as per the Central Board of Secondary Education.
2. Candidates who obtain CTET certificates are eligible to apply for all Central Government teaching positions such as:
- KVS ( Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan)
- NVS ( Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti)
- Army Teacher
- ERDO ( Educational Research and Development Organization)
Candidates who do not have a CTET certificate cannot apply for central government teaching positions.
3. Candidates who obtain CTET certificates are eligible to apply for various state government teaching positions.
4. It is notable that many reputed Private teaching institutions give preference to CTET qualified candidates in their recruitment process.
5. In both regular and contract teacher recruitment, many Union territories give priority to CTET qualified teachers.
6. There is a good chance of getting a government teaching job after passing CTET.
CTET Certificate: Qualifying Criteria
The CTET Exam is regarded as one of the most difficult among all teaching exams. Candidates who took the CTET exam will receive a score report. Candidates who score 60 per cent or higher will be given an eligibility certificate.
As per their existing reservation policy, school management may give concessions to SC/ST, OBC, differently-abled people, and so on.
|Name of Category||MinimumQualifying Percentage||Passing Marks|
|General||60%||90 out of 150|
|OBC/SC/ST||55%||82 out of 150|
There is no limit to how many times a CTET qualified person can take the exam, and they can take it again and again to improve their score.
Candidates whose certificates have reached the end of their validity period will be issued new certificates with a lifetime validity period. It is excellent news for all candidates who were planning to retake CTET, though you can always retake CTET to improve your score.
DOWNLOAD THE OLIVEBOARD APP FOR ON-THE-GO EXAM PREPARATION
- Video Lessons, Textual Lessons & Notes
- Topic Tests covering all topics with detailed solutions
- Sectional Tests for QA, DI, EL, LR
- All India Mock Tests for performance analysis and all India percentile
- General Knowledge (GK) Tests
Free videos, free mock tests, and free GK tests to evaluate course content before signing up!
CTET: Last Year’s Cut Off
CTET cut-off marks are different for different categories. We are providing you with the cut-off marks data for the year 2019 to have a rough idea about its estimation.
|Name of Category||Cut off marks for the year 2019|
CTET Exam: Job Scope
Once you’ve been hired as a teacher, the doors to advancement and opportunities open wide. You could even become the Headmaster of School after a few years. The scope for teacher’s promotion after clearing CTET is as follows:
- Headmaster of a primary or secondary school
- Senior teacher position in a primary or secondary school
- Position of Assistant Teacher in a primary or secondary school
- Senior teacher Position in higher Primary School
- Post of Principal in higher grade schools
CTET Qualified Teacher’s Pay Scale:
CTET Qualified primary teachers, who teach grades I through V, earn around Rs 1.5 lakh per year on average, while secondary teachers earn around Rs 2, 30,000 per year on average.
We have given you detailed and relevant information about CTET and the importance of the CTET Certificate through this article. Hope this article proves beneficial for you. In case of any doubts or queries, you can contact us anytime.
USE OF CTET: FAQs
A teacher doesn’t need to be CTET qualified to apply for the job in a private school; however, it depends upon the requirements of post and school. But CTET qualified candidates are always given preference over others.
Yes, after passing the CTET exam, you can work as a teacher in government schools and state government schools.
Previously, the CTET Certificate was valid for only 7 years from the result declaration date, but now the government has declared lifetime validity for CTET Certification.
- National Curriculum Framework 2005 – CTET Exam Preparation
- Best CTET Preparation Tips 2023 – Check here
- CTET admit card 2023 – Check out and Download
- CTET Exam Analysis For Paper 1 & Paper 2 | 16 December 2021
- CBSE CTET Online Correction Form- Overview, Details, Process
Oliveboard is a learning & practice platform for premier entrance exams. We have helped over 1 crore users since 2012 with their Bank, SSC, Railways, Insurance, Teaching and other competitive Exams preparation.
Oliveboard Live Courses & Mock Test Series