All India Law Entrance Test, also known as AILET, is an exam conducted by National Law University, New Delhi. This exam is taken for admission in BA LLB, LLM courses, and PhD programs, and AILET is conducted once every year.
Table of Contents
AILET 2022 exam pattern for BA LLB
AILET will have 3 sections this year. It will consist of 150 questions which must be answered within 90 minutes. The AILET exam is conducted more offline. The questions are of multiple choice. The maths section has been completely dropped this year. It consists of 3 sections, namely:
- Section A – English Language (50 questions; 50 marks)
- Section B – Current Affairs & General Knowledge (30 questions; 30 marks)
- Section C – Logical Reasoning (70 questions; 70 marks)
The marks remain unchanged, but in case two candidates score the same marks, whoever has scored more in Logical Reasoning will be ranked higher. There’s a penalty of 0.25 marks for every negative answer.
Before studying for any exam, it’s very important to know the syllabus beforehand, and it is also a significant step to clear the exam. Below are the sections for the AILET exam for 2022.
|Subjects||Number of questions||Marks|
|Current Affairs & General Knowledge||30||30|
AILET Syllabus For English
This portion tests the knowledge of the candidates in English. AILET Syllabus for BA LLB includes the following:
- Reading comprehension on Law terminology
- Verbal ability
- Synonyms and antonyms
- Sentence corrections
- Idioms and phrases
- Jumbled words and sentences
AILET Syllabus For Current Affairs and General Knowledge
This portion tests a candidate’s knowledge about General Awareness and Current Affairs. AILET syllabus includes the following
- Awards and honours
- Sports Events
- International events
- General science
- UN bodies
- Famous personalities
- Current Affairs
- Environmental studies
DOWNLOAD THE OLIVEBOARD APP FOR ON-THE-GO EXAM PREPARATION
- Video Lessons, Textual Lessons & Notes
- Topic Tests covering all topics with detailed solutions
- Sectional Tests for QA, DI, EL, LR
- All India Mock Tests for performance analysis and all India percentile
- General Knowledge (GK) Tests
Free videos, free mock tests, and free GK tests to evaluate course content before signing up!
AILET Syllabus For Logical Reasoning Syllabus
This section tests the Reasoning skills of the candidates. This portion is very important. It includes things like decision-making skills and critical thinking. Few topics include
- Blood relations
- Logical links
- Identifying patterns
AILET 2022 exam pattern for LLM
AILET LLM is an entrance exam for admission to a masters degree in Law. This entrance exam will have 100 questions within a duration of 120 minutes. There’s a penalty of 0.25 marks for every negative answer. There are three parts. Section A itself consists of 2 parts. English and Logical Reasoning. Section B consists of Legal Knowledge. The details are as follows:
|Sections||Subjects||Number of questions||Marks|
|Section A||Part 1 – English||50||50|
|Part 2 – Logical Reasoning||50||50|
|Section B||Legal knowledge – from different branches of Law||2 out of 10 given questions to be answered.||50|
AILET Syllabus for LLM
The English and Logical Reasoning Syllabus for LLB and LLM remain the same. Section B part in LLM contains Legal Knowledge. This syllabus is as below:
- Jurisprudence – Theory or philosophy of law
- Law of torts – it is when a person can sue another person if an injury occurs. There are many torts like defamation, trespass, nuisance and negligence.
- Property Law – Intellectual Property, enforcement of standard securities, involuntary securities: lien, ownership and restrictions.
- International law – law of the sea, the law of treaties, state of jurisdiction.
- Family Law – divorce, financial separation, children, parentage, domestic abuse, surrogacy.
- Law of contracts – contracts within India
- Company law – corporate law of the company regarding resignation.
- Criminal law – aggravation and mitigation factors, please bargains, bail and bonds, restitution of crime victims.
- Constitutional law – Role, Power, structure of different entities within the state.
- Administrative Law – activities of administrative agencies of the government.
- Tax Law – bankruptcy, insolvency, employment taxes, accounting, timing, pensions and benefits.
- Environmental Law – management of natural resources, minerals and fisheries, environmental legal principles.
AILET tips for preparation:
Here are a few tips that will help you in the preparation for the AILET exams.
- First, read the syllabus of the AILET exam properly. Be thorough with all the topics subject-wise.
- Make a habit of reading newspapers like the Times of India or Deccan Herald every day, to improve your general knowledge and Current Affairs.
- Before starting, make a study timetable and stick with it.
- Make a note of everything important and study it regularly.
- Complete your syllabus at least a few months before the entrance exam. This will give you ample amount of time to revise twice.
- Solve the sample papers which is available online. There are websites that give free sample papers. Practice it well before writing the AILET exam.
Preparing for AILET is tough. But stick with the syllabus properly. Read the tips above to help you pass the exams. Try to attempt what you know since there are negative markings. Study well for AILET BA LLB or LLM exams. Make a note of everything you study. This will help you while revising. Apply for the AILET exam if you are interested in studying Law. And yes! All the best to you!
AILET exam 2022 application form was released on 17th January 2022. The last date to submit the application form is on 07 April 2022.
AILET Exam 2022 will be held on 1st May 2022.
There are three sections. They are
Section A – English Language (50 questions; 50 marks)
Section B – Current Affairs & General Knowledge (30 questions; 30 marks)
Section C – Logical Reasoning (70 questions; 70 marks)
This year’s maths section has been completely dropped from the exam.
- Tips to Solve “Reading Comprehension” in CLAT | Oliveboard
- Tips to Crack NLU Admission
- AILET Exam – Preparation tips | Prepare with Oliveboard
- AILET Revision Strategy | Prepare with Oliveboard
- Reasoning Questions for AILET | Download PDF
Oliveboard is a learning & practice platform for premier entrance exams. We have helped over 1 crore users since 2012 with their Bank, SSC, Railways, Insurance, Teaching and other competitive Exams preparation.